[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Running Back situations.

Guest Chappy

Jones needs to get to at least 1300 yds rushing in the regular season in 2008 for you to collect. Otherwise I collect.

Who are we sending the $$$ to?

well, I was just pretty set on having you send it to me. :wacko: If you have a middle man you trust and is a name that I recognize from these boards than I have no qualms with that. If it helps ease your mind any, I am not a welch. I have made several bets on this site and while I have not had to pay on any of them, I am an honorable degenerate....at least until you pay up. Then I'm going to pull a Cartman and change your dollars into pennies so I can park my inflatable pool on your front lawn and bathe in your money. :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I was just pretty set on having you send it to me. :D If you have a middle man you trust and is a name that I recognize from these boards than I have no qualms with that. If it helps ease your mind any, I am not a welch. I have made several bets on this site and while I have not had to pay on any of them, I am an honorable degenerate....at least until you pay up. Then I'm going to pull a Cartman and change your dollars into pennies so I can park my inflatable pool on your front lawn and bathe in your money. :brew:

I can hold the funds for the two of you guys. I work for BAC and will put it into my savings account so it earns some cash and I will send out the cash to the winner of the bet via Online Banking so it will be on a Bank generated check so you will know it is good and I don't even have to pay for the postage. :D

I think everyone knows me around here and can trust me to help with this little bet.... :wacko:

well, I was just pretty set on having you send it to me. :D If you have a middle man you trust and is a name that I recognize from these boards than I have no qualms with that. If it helps ease your mind any, I am not a welch. I have made several bets on this site and while I have not had to pay on any of them, I am an honorable degenerate....at least until you pay up. Then I'm going to pull a Cartman and change your dollars into pennies so I can park my inflatable pool on your front lawn and bathe in your money. :D

:wacko: @ the Cartman reference. If Jones pulls this off, you can wallow away with my blessings on my front lawn & here at the Huddle. I'll even spring for some adult libations as well as the $50.

Fair enough, we'll settle up after the regular season is over Work for you?

Having seen damn near every Cowboys game for JJ's whole career, I am of the opinion that the 1300yd plateau in question will probably not be accomplished by him. He's very shifty, yes, and that's a good MO to have for a back his size, but he drops to the ground very quick upon contact. He has no power. 1300 yds will only be attainable for him if he were to get 300+ carries, which most likely won't happen.

I'd have to agree with Charles. Ain't gonna happen.

I can hold the funds for the two of you guys. I work for BAC and will put it into my savings account so it earns some cash and I will send out the cash to the winner of the bet via Online Banking so it will be on a Bank generated check so you will know it is good and I don't even have to pay for the postage. :D

I think everyone knows me around here and can trust me to help with this little bet.... :wacko:

And you two have found the middle man.

Send PSU the funds, Huddler's have disappeared from these boards for less than $50. Pay it up front before anyone has the chance to hide, just make sure the bet is clear, like injury clauses etc. Besides, a Panther fan should be a reliable source for holding money, right?. :wacko:

I should have made an injury clause but have already agreed to go forward without one. Either Way. PSU, please PM me with your address and the money is on it's way.

So we're sending them to PSU? Then ditto to me, PSU. I'll need an address PMed to me.

82 yards a game for JJ = 1300 yards.

he'll need 20+ carries each and every game to get his 82 yards (assuming 4 ypc)..thats 320+ carries over the entire year.

thats gonna be tough...only 3 RBs last year averaged 20 carries per game (Portis, James and Parker)...and just one topped 1300 yards.

This bet is awesome. The homer :D vs. the realist :wacko: .

So, when the Seahawks draft an RB on April 26th, are you just going to go ahead and pay the man? :D

Why yes, yes I am.

If I was thinking clearly at the time, I would have designed some kind of bet based on percentage of touches, not yards. Still, it is going to be hard for Jones to get the carries that I think he will get, and not get to at least 1200. You can't have injury clauses in these bets. He either stays healthy and gets the yards or he doesn't. If he doesn't get to 1300, he's got to be pretty darn close. At one time, my main point was that Jones is going to get most of the carries. I really can't remember what happened from there....

One of the most telling aspects about JJ is that Dallas did not believe he could handle a heavy load without getting injured. They better have someone to help out in SEA because I doubt JJ has shook the injury bug.

One of the most telling aspects about JJ is that Dallas did not believe he could handle a heavy load without getting injured. They better have someone to help out in SEA because I doubt JJ has shook the injury bug.

But he didn't miss a game in the last 2 years. I never understood why Parcells didn't make him the feature back, it seemed like he had the ability.