[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Corey Dillon redux?

Kid Cid

he talks about the fans not being happy and everything he does, he does it for the fans. well, the fans here in cincinnati, from every radio show, tv show, bar conversation, and sports page think he's being a self-centered ass and it's pissing them off. he's just finding things to beeyotch about so he can hopefully cut a fatter contract in a more high profile city that will meet his rampant ego needs. so if he gets us all sick of him (which is happening) and we cut him loose as a result, he gets what he wants and the fans lose a very talented receiver. if the team holds firm (which they should because of the cap issues and the need to use draft picks elsewhere), then we keep him and will continue to listen to him whine for months on end. either way we lose.

want to make us happy? shut up and play football and do everything you can to help your team win.

he talks about the fans not being happy and everything he does, he does it for the fans. well, the fans here in cincinnati, from every radio show, tv show, bar conversation, and sports page think he's being a self-centered ass and it's pissing them off. he's just finding things to beeyotch about so he can hopefully cut a fatter contract in a more high profile city that will meet his rampant ego needs. so if he gets us all sick of him (which is happening) and we cut him loose as a result, he gets what he wants and the fans lose a very talented receiver. if the team holds firm (which they should because of the cap issues and the need to use draft picks elsewhere), then we keep him and will continue to listen to him whine for months on end. either way we lose.

want to make us happy? shut up and play football and do everything you can to help your team win.

All true.

I suspect a trade will happen, but not until after June 1 when the cap hit would only be for 2009.

what a joke this guy is turning himself into. i believe he's going to accomplish what he wants in the end, which is to be traded. but in the very end, he'll be remembered for his actions and his lack of professionalism. he's not getting to the HOF this way. character does count.

sure, a guy like Michael Irvin had his issues, but he played hard and produced and won championships. that's why he's in the HOF. Johnson may have impressive numbers, but he brings nothing else. no leadership, no team chemistry. he's T.O. or Randy Moss (but not as good IMO) on a below average team and that just doesn't work with his ever-growing ego. if this was going to be his attitude, he should have let the Bengals know in 2006 when they extended his contract.

if this was going to be his attitude, he should have let the Bengals know in 2006 when they extended his contract.

bingo

I haven't heard anybody discuss this (so it makes me wonder if the Labor Agreement doesn't allow it), but could either a) Chad give back some of the signing bonus since he's the one who wants out of the contract? OR :wacko: could another team dumb enough to want to take on this headache pay the Bengals some cash as well as draft picks? Because the cap hit is the only reason to try and keep him.

I know Mike Brown is a lousy Owner for the Bengals, but fer cryin' out loud, this is really not fair that a player can take that huge bonus and be able to cry his way out of town (or wreck the team if they don't cut him/trade him).

What would really make me laugh (if this gets so bad that they have to take the hit and trade him) is if they traded him to the absolute worst offense in the game, a team w/ NO running game so defenses can double up on him all season. As a Bengal Fan, I'd even take that trade for a lesser pick. I'd even make a point that we're sending the jumbo bottles of Tylenol to the other team with Chad, cuz "they'll need it".

So what team could he go to that would make Chad realize "Oops....I really f'd this up"?

Huh.

I could swear that all CJ does is make the game a lot more entertaining and enjoyable for the fans. I've been told numerous times that his prancing around like a Kansas City f****t is just all in good fun and has nothing to do with character issues or CJ being a "me-first" guy.

I heard that he is willing to play Arena football if he is not traded

My BS detector went off the charts when I heard this one.

Huh.

I could swear that all CJ does is make the game a lot more entertaining and enjoyable for the fans. I've been told numerous times that his prancing around like a Kansas City f****t is just all in good fun and has nothing to do with character issues or CJ being a "me-first" guy.

Where have you been? Chad Johnson is the definition of a me first guy. Just look at his actions within the past year...

Huh.

:wacko: