[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KC's Draft

muck

Man, we have a ton of picks...

1.05 -- need a 'difference maker' not a 'please help us fill this very obvious hole on the offensive line' guy (we have too many holes to not take BPA) -- in order of preference -- JLong, VGholston, Dorsey

2.04 -- need an offensive lineman, however if JLong ends up in KC, we will most likely use this on a CB

5.01 -- may draft a center here if either of the top two centers drop (the top two centers are expected to be 3rd/4th round type guys)

Plus, we have two draft picks conditionally coming to us from Tampa Bay ... one for Ryan Sims and one for Michael Bennett (we're due to get another conditional pick for MBennett in the 2009 draft, too) ... for now, I'm assuming that they'll be of the 5th-7th round variety and are not shown above.

NET TAKE (assuming no trades and the two conditional picks from TB):

Offense: OT, OT, OG, C, WR, QB, TE

Defense: DE, DT, CB, CB, LB

...where we have two offensive linemen and one cornerback by the time we make our 4th pick...

...expect one of our 6th or 7th rounders to be used on a CB; Herm thinks he can pick good DBs late since he used to play back there...

...it would not bother me if we used our 2nd round pick on Brohm if he's there...

Pretty much what I want to happen and expect to happen. Herm has been a little more predictable. As long as they take best available with the first pick I'll be happy. I'm still not sold that Brodie is and IS NOT the answer, I think he can still be successful if they surround him with a good line and another good possession WR. As far as the picks go I pretty much agree with your take. I'd be pretty surprised if Herm and Carl used a early pick on a CB.