[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL rule proposal to ban long hair

BeeR

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/foot...r.ap/index.html

Though I seriously doubt it will pass. Too bad, because it's both disgusting and ridiculous.

I see that we're off our meds today. What exactly is so ridiculous and disgusting about long hair?

I see that we're off our meds today. What exactly is so ridiculous and disgusting about long hair?

Sorry to hear it and nothing if you're a hippie, homo, or rasta ghetto grunge.

Excuse me for having an opinion that differs from yours and good luck w/those "meds"

Excuse me for having an opinion that differs from yours and good luck w/those "meds"

Your a friendly sort aren't you.

Sorry man, but what did you expect making opening remarks with guns blazing?

Sorry man, but what did you expect making opening remarks with guns blazing?

LOL. Right up there on the lame-ass HOF with the fake fishing claims are people who post a rather adamant stance on a forum board and then play the "hey man, am I not allowed to have an opinion" card when pretty much everyone says their idea is stupid.

BeeR. That is one of three things that happens when you start a thread like that. Either everyone says what a great idea yours is (boring), the board is split in half (ideal), or the OP is exposed by the masses as having his head up his ass (can be quite fun for a bit but gets sort of old. None the less preferable to option 1). Congrats, it appears you're the proud daddy of option 3.

Or like Palomalu honoring his warrior ancestors?

Hair is disgusting? It's frickin hair.

:wacko: I never saw the big deal with long hair. I have probably had long hair for more years in my life than short hair. I keep it neat and it doesnt bother anyone in my workplace. Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear and when I do its usually something exotic.

I learned in college that your place of employment is allowed to legally enforce a dress code. Welcome to the real world, millionaires. It's certainly within the NFLs right to do this.

Of course, the question is. Is the NFL your employer or a specific team? I know the Yanks have had a hair code as both Giambi and Damon had to get their hair cut when they signed. In this case, the player has an option. I can sign with team X for mad jack or I can sign for team Y who'll let me keep my hair.

Honestly, I don't have an ethical problem with anyone enforcing a dress code or hair code for their place of work and that includes the NFL. I also think that the teams should require the players to look presentable when representing the team. However, randomly deciding that long hair does not equal presentable is sort of stupid.

Of course, these guys are fooling themselves if they think this matters. If the NFL is suffering image issues, it's because dudes like Pacman Jones is making it rain, not because he has dreads. I mean, is Troy Palamalu what is wrong with the league? I can't imagine a sole saying yes to that. He has long hair.

Why not just suspend the hell out of players when they do really stupid/illegal things and leave it at that?