[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is better?

H8tank

Who is better?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Romo
    • Garrard

Now if Hugh One wants to bet Tavaris VS Rodgers I'm in.

Saw that in the other thread. To me, that's a tough bet. Tavaris is no stud (yet) and Rodgers obviously has better wr's. That being said, I'd be afraid to bet $ on a guy that has'nt seen the field at all...

GB has a nice team , I just think that if you think AR is gonna walk out there and perform this season like a Favre you're expecting alot. JMO of course and I could be dead wrong.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw that in the other thread. To me, that's a tough bet. Tavaris is no stud (yet) and Rodgers obviously has better wr's. That being said, I'd be afraid to bet $ on a guy that has'nt seen the field at all...

GB has a nice team , I just think that if you think AR is gonna walk out there and perform this season like a Favre you're expecting alot. JMO of course and I could be dead wrong.

Yeah both are long shots. I proposed it simply because he guaranteed Tavaris would be better. He said you could take it to the bank. I had to challenge that.

I think if he can stay healthy AR could run the 5 WR offense better than Favre because he'll stay in the offense. Brett got bored and started chucking deep balls. Sometimes they worked sometimes they didn't. AR isn't as much a big play QB. He'll throw better percentage passes and let the receivers make the plays.

If he can stay healthy. I could be wrong of course.

I disagree. No offense to Garrard who is a solid QB but Romo took over a lifeless team 2 years ago and in 1/2 a season made them a playoff team and got a pro bowl bid. The guy can make plays running or throwing and has great improvisational skills. Dallas and Romo both choked agaionst the eventual super bowl champ Giants. I will admit that. The Giants took it to them . Romo had a 4th Q shot for a win and didnt deliver. That will come in time. I am not sure of the stats at all with my next sentence but I would love to see how many QBs in the history of the NFL have better stats than Romo in their first 20 games as an NFL starting QB. It could be a lot for all I know but I have a feeling it isnt.Dallas showed promise last year but fell flat and sucked at the end. IMO the season was garbage without the playoff win. That being said I think Romo is a special NFL qb and I am thrilled he is on my favorite team.

of course you're going to disagree....you wouldn't have gone this far if you didn't...

and it's not so much that he choked against the Giants (the SB champs)...he choked in both of his 1st 2 playoff games...

and when I say choke....I mean he wasn't near the player he was during the regular season, but this year I saw it coming because Dallas was losing their fire down the stretch in the regular season instead of gaining momentum...

I'm not going to say Romo is special because if he was, because special QB's don't fumble the snap on a GW kick...

but he's a pro bowl talent....and whether or not that's because of the talent around him...I don't think we'll ever know until Dallas blows that team up or if he just ends up elsewhere...

as I said before...in other words....this argument might be a waste of time...

Of course Romo will put up better stats, but you don't win playoff games or superbowls with stats, ask peyton manning. 1996 ring a bell?

But, as this thread proves, everyone loves to wear romo's jock on their face, and I am not that impressed. Sure he's better than alex smith, but is he better than Garrard? I don't think so. Maybe when Romo grows up a little, and proves he can win on his own. Til then? I'll take the Pro, the guy who makes the NFL his life, not just a day job.

Mike Walker is a guy who may make a name for himself in 08 or 09, he is worth watching.

2008 action will be spelled out closer to the season, don't worry whimper.

Of course Romo will put up better stats, but you don't win playoff games or superbowls with stats, ask peyton manning. 1996 ring a bell?

But, as this thread proves, everyone loves to wear romo's jock on their face, and I am not that impressed. Sure he's better than alex smith, but is he better than Garrard? I don't think so. Maybe when Romo grows up a little, and proves he can win on his own. Til then? I'll take the Pro, the guy who makes the NFL his life, not just a day job.

Mike Walker is a guy who may make a name for himself in 08 or 09, he is worth watching.

2008 action will be spelled out closer to the season, don't worry whimper.

If the Jags win playoff games it will be done on the legs of MJD and Taylor and that D. Garrard is a good QB in the sense that he doesnt make mistakes (3 ints) and he has terrific hand off skills. Its not about wearing Romos jock on anyones face. You posed a question and got replies. I said in one of my posts that Romo had the ball in the 4th and didnt get it done vs the Giants with a decent amount of time and Timeouts. In his first 1.5 years as a starter the guy has impressed the hell out of me. You mention Manning and Manning had a rough go early on then ended up an elite QB with a ring. So we shall see. I guess I will have to wait until the season gets closer for you to man up . Its all good. Ill enjoy taking your $ again. :wacko:

If the Jags win playoff games it will be done on the legs of MJD and Taylor and that D. Garrard is a good QB in the sense that he doesnt make mistakes (3 ints) and he has terrific hand off skills. Its not about wearing Romos jock on anyones face. You posed a question and got replies. I said in one of my posts that Romo had the ball in the 4th and didnt get it done vs the Giants with a decent amount of time and Timeouts. In his first 1.5 years as a starter the guy has impressed the hell out of me. You mention Manning and Manning had a rough go early on then ended up an elite QB with a ring. So we shall see. I guess I will have to wait until the season gets closer for you to man up . Its all good. Ill enjoy taking your $ again. :wacko:

so if Garrard had TO and Witten, you'd say he would win a playoff game because of those two...

and as long as Romo has 2 weapons in the passing attack that would be Garrards best 2 weapons, he'll produce better numbers...so the bet for H8 would be a suckers bet....

One has arguably the best WR in the league.

One is the Quarterback of one of the most expensive and profitable Football organizations ever known to man.

The other? Has won a playoff game and is the Quarterback of America's Team. ©Adam Shine

Adam Schein. There's a real expert for you. :wacko:

so if Garrard had TO and Witten, you'd say he would win a playoff game because of those two...

and as long as Romo has 2 weapons in the passing attack that would be Garrards best 2 weapons, he'll produce better numbers...so the bet for H8 would be a suckers bet....

Is it a coincedence that Witten had the best numbers of his career when Romo arrived? Can anyone answer my question from a few posts ago about in the history of the NFL in their first 20 starts who had better numbers than Romo? I am sure there are people that did dont get me wrong but I am curious to see how many and the names of those that did. Is Romo the only QB in the history of football to have a top tier wr on his team ? Garrard is a good qb I never said he wasnt . Romo took over a lifeless team with an awful Oline and in his first half of a season as an NFL qb turns that team into a playoff team and makes the pro bowl. I am not sure Garrard could have pulled that off even with T.O and Witten .

Is it a coincedence that Witten had the best numbers of his career when Romo arrived? Can anyone answer my question from a few posts ago about in the history of the NFL in their first 20 starts who had better numbers than Romo? I am sure there are people that did dont get me wrong but I am curious to see how many and the names of those that did. Is Romo the only QB in the history of football to have a top tier wr on his team ? Garrard is a good qb I never said he wasnt . Romo took over a lifeless team with an awful Oline and in his first half of a season as an NFL qb turns that team into a playoff team and makes the pro bowl. I am not sure Garrard could have pulled that off even with T.O and Witten .

I wasn't joking when I said Bledsoe was washed up...he could have beaten the Eagles the 1st game that TO played against them but he missed TO and Witten on several plays where they were WIDE open....

Eagles should have lost that game....

Garrard = Aikman?? :wacko:

And Romo is nothing compared to Marino. I'm saying it's the same argument, in theory as Marino being better than Aikman...

Marino put up gaudy numbers, as Romo did this past year, but Romo hasn't won a big game.

Gerrard on the other hand has a great offense and a great running attack, so he doesn't have to do much... Similar to Aikman.

I got into many arguments on a few Aikman Vs. Marino threads before the revamped boards, and I clearly remember Cowboy fans saying Aikman was better because he was incredibly efficient and managed the game better than anyone. I think it's funny to see all of the cowboy fans now leaning to the other side of the argument... And saying Gerrard isn't as good because of Taylor and MJD while a year or so ago they used the opposite thought process... :D

You guys are making the huddle's message boards amusing during the dreaded dead time.

And Romo is nothing compared to Marino. I'm saying it's the same argument, in theory as Marino being better than Aikman...

Marino put up gaudy numbers, as Romo did this past year, but Romo hasn't won a big game.

Gerrard on the other hand has a great offense and a great running attack, so he doesn't have to do much... Similar to Aikman.

I got into many arguments on a few Aikman Vs. Marino threads before the revamped boards, and I clearly remember Cowboy fans saying Aikman was better because he was incredibly efficient and managed the game better than anyone. I think it's funny to see all of the cowboy fans now leaning to the other side of the argument... And saying Gerrard isn't as good because of Taylor and MJD while a year or so ago they used the opposite thought process... :wacko:

You guys are making the huddle's message boards amusing during the dreaded dead time.

Nobody said Garrard was no good. If you want to compare a hall of fame ,super bowl MVP ,first overall pick , 3 time superbowl winner to David Garrard its your right . In the past 3 years Garrard has started 30 games and has 32 tds 5361 yds. Last year Romo 36 tds 4200 yds. Lead Dallas to the playoffs twice. The knock is going to be he hasnt won a playoff game yet. Ill worry about that after a few more years. I believe he will get over that hump . Until he does that will be the knock on him. We can address this again when the time is right. They are 2 good qbs with bright futures.

Nobody said Garrard was no good. If you want to compare a hall of fame ,super bowl MVP ,first overall pick , 3 time superbowl winner to David Garrard its your right . In the past 3 years Garrard has started 30 games and has 32 tds 5361 yds. Last year Romo 36 tds 4200 yds. Lead Dallas to the playoffs twice. The knock is going to be he hasnt won a playoff game yet. Ill worry about that after a few more years. I believe he will get over that hump . Until he does that will be the knock on him. We can address this again when the time is right. They are 2 good qbs with bright futures.

Not comparing the players, just pointing to the system quarterback vs. the numbers qb's, which you (Dallas fans in general, not you personally) initially shunned in the Aikman/Marino threads of the past.

I guess you guys only read selectively... I used the term "poor mans version"

You guys are great. :wacko:

Edited by piratesownninjas

Not comparing the players, just pointing to the system quarterback vs. the numbers qb's, which you (Dallas fans in general, not you personally) initially shunned in the Aikman/Marino threads of the past.

I guess you guys only read selectively... I used the term "poor mans version"

You guys are great. :wacko:

The way to define a great system qb IMO is if the system breaks down (in the Jags case the run is shut down and the D is letting up big points) can the qb step out of charector and lead the team to a win. 2006 was an example IMO of Romo putting a team on his back and leading them to an unexpected playoff bid. I am not sure if I have seen that out of Garrard yet. I am not saying he isnt capable.

The way to define a great system qb IMO is if the system breaks down (in the Jags case the run is shut down and the D is letting up big points) can the qb step out of charector and lead the team to a win. 2006 was an example IMO of Romo putting a team on his back and leading them to an unexpected playoff bid. I am not sure if I have seen that out of Garrard yet. I am not saying he isnt capable.

yeah, but he doesn't exactly have a #1 WR......he MIGHT ...have a #2 WR....

maybe...

That's exactly right. :wacko: And can that QB raise the level of play of those around him, rally the team and win when everything is going wrong? At this point I think Romo is above Garrard and has more room to grow.

yeah, but he doesn't exactly have a #1 WR......he MIGHT ...have a #2 WR....

maybe...

I cant comment on the ineffectiveness of the Jags front office. McNabb rarely had a stud # 1 in his career and he seems to have been succesful