[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some player news.

Guest Chappy

all that link does is give a date and nothing more....the original is all i watch too and I am hoping the link is to a story about new episodes

Sky's link doesn't work for me either. But there is a new episode this Thursday :wacko:

Don't know why it didn't work... but here is the story:

http://tv.yahoo.com/contributor/32550/news...4bc93__ER:60988

CSI Counts in Grissom

By Gina Serpe

Tue Apr 1, 2:51 AM PDT

William Petersen is, quite literally, returning to the scene of the crime.

Following lengthy negotiations with CBS, the CSI star has finally signed on to a ninth season of the procedural, albeit for a reduced number of episodes.

While it was a smart move for the network—though Petersen has taken midseason hiatuses in the past and the show is more about the crimes than the crime investigators, he has always been the actor most identified with the show—it was arguably an even better move for the star himself.

Per the trades, Petersen will stay on board CSI through the 2008-09 season, with his salary averaging out to roughly $600,000 per episode, cementing his status as one of the small screen's highest-paid actors.

While the exact number of episodes Petersen will appear in next season has yet to be specified, it will amount to less than the full season order, mirroring his 2006-07 season, when he took a four-episode break—during which he was temporarily replaced by Liev Schreiber—while he starred in the play A Dublin Carol in Providence, R.I.

Petersen has already signed on to appear in the play in his hometown of Chicago from Nov. 13 to Dec. 21, effectively counting him out of a good portion of the midseason.

The contract is good for only one season, through May of next year. If the show continues and Petersen, who also serves as an executive producer on the series, continues on it, he'll need to renegotiate the terms of his deal next year.

Copyright © 2008 E! Online, Inc. All rights reserved.

I kinda like it. :wacko:

And that's fine, I just don't see the purpose of copy and pasting something from Rotoworld and MFL every other day or so.

The problem is that all these fine upstanding young mans are trying to run certain people off the boards. It's how they get their jollies. So every thread started by certain people require slamming.... every post requires a negative response. Year from now no one will even remember..... meanwhile, it has become really boring to say the least.

Did I slam him? I simply asked a question. Anytime someone asks a question everyone jumps on board and automatically assumes that I'm attacking him. Once again, I'm asking a question.

Seriously - what do you think this forum is for?

For discussion? As I said in the earlier post, everything that is posted under the "some player news" is always something that is copied and pasted directly from other sites. Sites that I'm assuming the vast majority of huddler's already visit on a daily basis.

My intentions are not to belittle him, or slam him, my apologies if you feel this way, but it's not accurate.

EDIT--

I also noticed my reply to Chappy about having that gun to my head was deleted... :D

Edited by piratesownninjas

Did I slam him? I simply asked a question. Anytime someone asks a question everyone jumps on board and automatically assumes that I'm attacking him. Once again, I'm asking a question.

In spite of what you may believe... not everything is directed at you. I paid no attention to your post. My remarks were directed elsewhere.

And I will say that I do not go to other sites. I get my info here and I appreciate being kept up to date by posts like this thread presented. 99.9 percent of the info given here is cut and paste...and a 99.9 percent of that is from elsewhere.

In spite of what you may believe... not everything is directed at you. I paid no attention to your post. My remarks were directed elsewhere.

And I will say that I do not go to other sites. I get my info here and I appreciate being kept up to date by posts like this thread presented. 99.9 percent of the info given here is cut and paste...and a 99.9 percent of that is from elsewhere.

You were responding to Mr. Ted's question to me, which would make one think you were directly speaking about them. My initial post is what started this whole thing, that's what led me to believe your post was directed that way.

That's also fine that you get all of your news from the huddle and it's message boards. I was just asking if he had to put the posts up everyday. I always assumed that the majority of the huddlers on this board go to various sites and news outlets and the material posted had been seen by everyone already. I assumed wrong, that's cool. You guys like this thread, and I was asking how relevant it is. You guys answered the question.

Guest Chappy
And that's fine, I just don't see the purpose of copy and pasting something from Rotoworld and MFL every other day or so.

For discussion? As I said in the earlier post, everything that is posted under the "some player news" is always something that is copied and pasted directly from other sites. Sites that I'm assuming the vast majority of huddler's already visit on a daily basis.

My intentions are not to belittle him, or slam him, my apologies if you feel this way, but it's not accurate.

EDIT--

I also noticed my reply to Chappy about having that gun to my head was deleted... :wacko:

I know your apology was not directed toward me however, I just wanted to say that it's not a big deal. Not everyone is going to like everything that's posted on these boards and yet others will enjoy that same material. As many have stated, sometimes the smallest tidbit of news can be useful as fantasy football has become a year round thing. If you already know all of the news that I or anyone else posts then consider yourself ahead of the game and a very well read, prepared fantasy baller but also realize that others may not have the same luxury of being as well read or on top of the pertinent news.

By the way, I'm preparing another one of those updates as I type this. You've been warned. :D

Edited by Chappy

+1

I work for a living and my work does not afford me the time to sit and surf for hours and hours. If the info is not here at the Huddle then I personally will likely miss it. I don't care that it is cut and paste from anywhere so long as it is good and accurate.

And I will also add that I don’t care who posts it just so long as it has some relevant player value to it.

Keep the updates coming.

+1

I work for a living and my work does not afford me the time to sit and surf for hours and hours. If the info is not here at the Huddle then I personally will likely miss it. I don't care that it is cut and paste from anywhere so long as it is good and accurate.

And I will also add that I don’t care who posts it just so long as it has some relevant player value to it.

Keep the updates coming.

+2. If it ain't here, I'm missing it.