[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leinart and his beer bong

keggerz

http://deadspin.com/373940/matt-leinart-is...quite-seriously

from KFFL

Cardinals | Whisenhunt disappointed in Leinart

Tue, 1 Apr 2008 15:46:30 -0700

The East Valley Tribune reports Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt said he was disappointed in QB Matt Leinart after photos surfaced on the internet showing Leinart partying at his home with people partying in the background. One picture showed Leinart holding a beer bong while a female drank from the opposite end. Whisenhunt said Leinart called him and they spoke for awhile. "I reiterated to him the type of behavior that we expect at all times from our players. He understands that as well as the level of scrutiny that he's under because of who he is. It's being handled internally. I was disappointed but at the same time have no doubts about his commitment to this football team or his ability to lead it."

Not to condone Leinarts actions but I think we are often forgetting the age of these young men. I have got to say that if I had millions at the age of these guys I would likely be all over the news with pictures of this and that. Oh and I would be banging everything that would hold still.

Not to condone Leinarts actions but I think we are often forgetting the age of these young men. I have got to say that if I had millions at the age of these guys I would likely be all over the news with pictures of this and that. Oh and I would be banging everything that would hold still.

A lot of huddlers are "still" when typing on here. Thats :D

:wacko:

I do. Let the kid live life.

At the same time, he is being paid millions to lead a franchise. With that money and title comes responsibility. He has a franchise that he owes a great deal to. Responsibility and a clean image should be part of his deal... I just think with his struggles this past year, on and off the field, he should be focused more than ever...

Or at least be smart enough to stay out of the freaking picture.

He can do what ever he wants. But I have him in three leagues so he better perform or I will be a sick card fan. He has the talent around him to be the next Brady or Peyton Manning if he just get his head right.

From the comments

The shoulder seems to be holding up okay.

Matt's just preparing them to meet some of his teammates
:wacko:

This would be a much bigger deal if Brenda Warner was the one supping from the beer bong

the brown haired chick is the grenade that Leinart's buddy will have to dive on so he can get the hot blonde.

So I guess Leinart is not able to host a party at his home?? And is not able to have some fun??? Lets be real people, he was not at the bar or out driving drunk... When someone gets pulled over for a DUI we always say why could he not do it at home, well Leinart did and people still are unhappy..

So I guess Leinart is not able to host a party at his home?? And is not able to have some fun???

It's not the partying, it's the public perception. For example, when Griese "tripped over his dog" while in DEN, there were no pictures of that party hitting the internet or player flapping their mouths about what happened. Here you've got Leinart doing beer bongs, gettin' jiggy with skanks who look like college kids, and doing it up with never-was has-been Nick Lachey splashed all over the internet.

It's about accepting responsibility for creating a positive public perception about himself and about the team that is paying him beaucoup bucks to be its leader, and about using some good judgment and showing some reasonable discretion. That comes with the contract he signed - or at least it ought to.

What sort of Megan Foxbag comes to a guy's house for a party and then posts pictures of it that could get the guy in trouble on the internet?

I second the response that the guy was in his own home doing nothing illegal and that it is no big deal.

MJD over at Yahoo Sports NFL blog had another photo of him in a hot tub with 4 chicks. Look, if he can pull teh trim, more power too him. If the Cardinals don't like the way he's representing their franchise then they can discipline him. But I gotta tell you that this is more determination and emotion than I've seen coming from anyone else in that franchise for over the last 10 years.

I dont think Matt expected some scumbag to snap pictures of a private party and post them on the web. How does any of us know that he wasnt working out and watching film during the day just because he is partying at night ? Right to the right of him is one of his linebackers . Maybe after the beer bong they were discussing schemes.