[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Hat Trick

Things are getting humorous for Favre fans.

Fixed. They all laughed at me when I got Favre in all my dynasty leagues. :wacko:

He probably needs to join a network or start a fishing show or something to get him out of the house.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett, do us all a favor and just go fishing....maybe spend some time with your wife and kids now that you have a chance. PLEASE!!

They're the ones that want him out of the house. He needs to do something. Get a job wit a network where he spends time away from home, start a fishing show like Kent Hrbek did here, something. Just hanging around and going fishing gets old pretty fast. He has the money to do almost anything he wants, He has to figure out that is.

We survived Michael Jordan. This may go the same route. That's why I picked up Favre in all my leagues. They laughed et me when I did it.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter suggest the Jets, Chiefs, and Ravens as possible landing spots if the Packers decide to trade Brett Favre.

Schefter strongly cautions that he's not reporting or trying to "rumor monger," but these would all be sensible landing spots. The Chiefs once traded for Joe Montana in a somewhat similar scenario. The Jets once thought they would get Favre, but settled for drafting Browning Nagle instead. In the end, however, Schefter says he wouldn't bet on Favre playing football in 2008.

what a freaking drama queen, Jeezus this is annoying-

the way he has handled this is a joke. loveable Brett has jumped the shark IMO and he needs to shut his hole and go back to Kiln

Aaron Rodgers has to be losing his mind

+1. My wife's stripper cousin with the fake rack is less of an attention hound.

Favre's response to report: 'It's all rumor'

By LARRY HOLDER

Retired quarterback Brett Favre responded quickly to an ESPN report about a possible return to play for the Green Bay Packers by saying, "It's all rumor."

When queried about a possible media firestorm, Favre text messaged, "No reason for it."

Earlier today, ESPN reported a Green Bay Packers source said the 38-year-old Kiln native told coach Mike McCarthy that Favre has the itch to play again.

Favre announced his retirement on March 6 after his 17-year NFL career.

what a freaking drama queen, Jeezus this is annoying-

the way he has handled this is a joke. loveable Brett has jumped the shark IMO and he needs to shut his hole and go back to Kiln

Aaron Rodgers has to be losing his mind

+1. My wife's stripper cousin with the fake rack is less of an attention hound.

Retired quarterback Brett Favre responded quickly to an ESPN report about a possible return to play for the Green Bay Packers by saying, "It's all rumor."

When queried about a possible media firestorm, Favre text messaged, "No reason for it."

Haters.

My first reaction was "Wow." Then I spent some time wondering exactly what I would want as a Packers fan. That was a tough question.

After thinking about it for a while, I started to get excited a little bit about Favre coming back -- mostly because it would mean there's NO reason to discount the Packers' chances at another SuperBowl run. As much as I love Rodgers and as much as I was okay with Favre retiring, the QB position is still a big question mark...enough to make even the most optimistic GB fan realize that the team is no "lock" for a playoff berth.

I also realized, slightly to my own surprise, that part of the reason I would be okay with a Favre return is because we got Brohm this year. As strange as the pick seemed initially, I've been a pretty big Brohm supporter and thought it was excellent value. It's interesting how that pick comes into play in this situation, though -- I'm sure Thompson and McCarthy are thinking about this in the same context.

Everyone has to realize that if they welcome Favre back, Rodgers would be forever alienated. He would be PISSED, and I bet he'd immediately demand a trade. I doubt he'd even be willing to be the Packers' starter in '09, assuming Favre actually retired after this year. So, in effect, Favre's return would mean Rodgers goes from the future of the franchise to a complete afterthought. Brohm, of course, would then take over Rodgers' position as the heir-apparent.

I'm starting to wonder now....Favre apparently contacted McCarthy about this "within the last couple of weeks." What has McCarthy been doing for the last couple of weeks? Lavishing all kinds of praise about how great Brohm has looked in mini-camps. :wacko:

Great post. Interesting thought about Rodgers wanting to leave if Favre comes back.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter suggest the Jets, Chiefs, and Ravens as possible landing spots if the Packers decide to trade Brett Favre.

[/color]

Now there's something that would get my butt in the stands at Arrowhead this coming year.

Edited by Hat Trick

The Packers have to let him come back and play for them if that's what he wants to do. There is no way they could trade or release Favre to another team. Sorry Aaron, one more year.

:D Obviously you don't know much about Lord Ted. Ted wouldn't welcome him back. It's Rodgers team, and if you think it's plausible for Favre to come back for another year, then Rodgers take over in 09 you need to get in touch with reality.

:D

See, I'm capable of not blowing up. :D

All i know is I won't be able to watch Sportscenter the next week or so because they keep opening the show with the crybaby going boo hoo hoo. :wacko:

Imagine being a life long Packer/Favre fan...

Edited by piratesownninjas

Great post. Interesting thought about Rodgers wanting to leave if Favre comes back.

Well, Rodgers is actually in the last year of his rookie contract; and he's been a good soldier - VERY good, when you realize that he's an ultracompetitive, confident-bordering-on-cocky young gun who has worked his butt off, kept his yap shut, and done all he can to be a leader in the locker room and a face of the team in the community.

Put his shoes on - all that said, you FINALLY get your chance only to have the rug yanked out from under you before training camp starts. It's not a stretch to imagine too many people going "Okay, I get it, but you guys can jerk off to this guy for as long as you want, I'm outta here."

And it's not as if there isn't a premium market for promising veteran QBs with limited playing time - look at Matt Schaub.

Well, Rodgers is actually in the last year of his rookie contract; and he's been a good soldier - VERY good, when you realize that he's an ultracompetitive, confident-bordering-on-cocky young gun who has worked his butt off, kept his yap shut, and done all he can to be a leader in the locker room and a face of the team in the community.

Put his shoes on - all that said, you FINALLY get your chance only to have the rug yanked out from under you before training camp starts. It's not a stretch to imagine too many people going "Okay, I get it, but you guys can jerk off to this guy for as long as you want, I'm outta here."

And it's not as if there isn't a premium market for promising veteran QBs with limited playing time - look at Matt Schaub.

Exactly. And if he leaves Brohm could be the man of the future and he knows it.

I love Favre but wish he'd go to Tampa or Atlanta(and mentor Matt Ryan). I really want to see what Rodgers can do. The coaching staff has spent all off season getting Rodgers ready. Did Montana sully his legacy by going to KC. A little maybe but don't we still remember his in a SF jersey when we remember him?