[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Hat Trick

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett Favre told SI's Peter King that he is not considering coming out of retirement.

"That's the last thing I'm thinking about," Favre said. "I have no idea where that came from, but it certainly didn't come from me. I'm happy about my decision and I haven't once said, 'I wonder if I made the wrong decision.' I know it's the right one." Favre added that he thinks he has a hernia, suffered late in the season, and he was going to look into surgery. Apr. 4 - 10:59 am et

Source: SI.com

Let us hope that he stays retired. He is and was a great player but it is time.

Would be crazy if he did.....hang 'em up, Brett... you had a great career.....great season last year...finally turn the reins over to Rodgers, who's been waiting..patiently!

He has hung them up. He made it as clear as rain. What does he have to do to say it's over?

He has hung them up. He made it as clear as rain. What does he have to do to say it's over?

I think there's a group of people that won't believe it until he cuts off his right arm.

I think there's a group of people that won't believe it until he cuts off his right arm.

:wacko: If he did they'd probably say he could still throw with his left arm.

I heard he hasn't filed retirement papers. That's probably fueling the press' speculation. I like Favre but am glad he retired because the team can plan it's long term future now.

I wish Trent Green and Dan Morgan would too.

:wacko: If he did they'd probably say he could still throw with his left arm.

And they'd be right... :D

I heard he hasn't filed retirement papers. That's probably fueling the press' speculation. I like Favre but am glad he retired because the team can plan it's long term future now.

Favre is being somewhat irresponsible in not filling the proper paperwork, which needs to be done. I think it's safe to say that he knows this won't go away until it's filed. What could be be waiting on? I don't think he's coming back, but I do think he's becoming a fan of drama. He could sqaush all of the rumors if he was just sign the paper work and get this over with.

• 2 months later...

From Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Brett Favre has told coach Mike McCarthy that he has thought about playing this year.

This follows up a Mike Lombardi blog post along the same lines. The comeback talk is reportedly only in preliminary stages, but Favre's family is encouraging him to play. Cornerback Al Harris says Favre told him he still "has the itch" to play. This situation could turn thorny. The Packers own Favre's rights, but we'd guess that the front office would simply rather move forward with Aaron Rodgers. The coaching staff may lean more towards Favre.

Former NFL personnel man Mike Lombardi writes in his blog that one Packers player told him Brett Favre is giving "real consideration" to making a return.

Lombardi, a 20-year veteran executive, recently worked in the Raiders' and Broncos' front offices, writes for SI.com and started a blog a few months back. He doesn't have the same standards as bigger news sources, but undoubtedly has connections. The Packer told Lombardi that Favre would consider returning with another team if Green Bay won't take him back. Favre was recently placed on the reserve/retired list, however, and the Packers own his rights.

Packers to Favre :

"Thank you for all you have done for us. This is still Aaron Rodgers' team. We'll release you or you can stay retired but you chose to end your time as a Packer and we have moved on."