[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants draft needs

Kid Cid

:wacko: <--

I agree with most of the article , the G-men should bolster their secondary this draft. However, I do think Kevin Boss makes a suitable replacement if Shockey is not starting ; whatever the reason for that may be.

Edited by Front Row

:wacko: <--

I agree with most of the article , the G-men should bolster their secondary this draft. However, I do think Kevin Boss makes a suitable replacement if Shockey is not starting ; whatever the reason for that may be.

While I kinda agree with this sentiment, I don't think they're deep enough at TE to just cast him off. I think it was in PFW Whispers where I read that the Shockey trade talks may not be dead either so who knows.

Yes secondary is where the need is. I'd love to see Dan Conner on the roster but after reading this article and doing some research, the G-men really seldom (read: never) take linebackers in the first round. That being said, I'm really excited about who they are going to bring in.

Phillips, Conners/Mayo, Flowers, Mayo/Conners, Manningham are the 5 i believe could be a Giant in 08. Id rank them in that order but i know Mayo has been flying up the boards in recent weeks, so the gap between him and Conner might not be big enough to squeeze a CB into anymore.

Not as high as the Jets went on Nugent, but the Giants should spend at least a mid-round pick on a quality kicker. Tynes is kinda :wacko:

NO team should EVER go as high on a kicker as the Jets did with Nugent. Please...

NO team should EVER go as high on a kicker as the Jets did with Nugent. Please...

IIRC, they drafted him the year after making the 2nd round of the playoffs. I guess they thought they didn't have holes elsewhere. . . how's that worked out for them since?

:wacko:

Oh, and I may just be drinking the Kool-Aid, but I'm (one of many, I believe) in favor of making Boss the full time TE and shipping Shockey to the highest bidder.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

Or the Raiders and Janikowski?

I'm too lazy to look it up (and BJ probably has it off the top of his head), where did See-Bass go? I'm guessing higher than 2.15 (where Nugent went).