[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Free Agent Acquisition...

irish

John Tuvey from Fanball joins The Huddle!! I just received the email/news and thought wow, what an incredibly solid addition to this jugernaut of a website.

And the Huddle continues surpassing all expectations. I always enjoyed reading Tuvey's stuff over at Fanball, especially when they used to produce the Weekly printed magazine. Funny guy with great knowledge of the sport.

Great addition! Welcome aboard Tuvey. However, you can't be known as Big John as we already have one of those and there will only ever be one of those.

:wacko:

Edited by irish

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Tuvey from Fanball joins The Huddle!! I just received the email/news and thought wow, what an incredibly solid addition to this jugernaut of a website.

And the Huddle continues surpassing all expectations. I always enjoyed reading Tuvey's stuff over at Fanball, especially when they used to produce the Weekly printed magazine. Funny guy with great knowledge of the sport.

Great addition! Welcome aboard Tuvey. However, you can't be known as Big John as we already have one of those and there will only ever be one of those.

.....on another note, if you want to use the name Irish, we can make that name readily available.

:D

(That was a serious wink, I'm only kidding)

.....on another note, if you want to use the name Irish, we can make that name readily available.

:D

(That was a serious wink, I'm only kidding)

Now that's an instant classic. :wacko:

While by weight I most certainly could quality for Big John status, truth be told most of my friends don't even know my first name since so many people just call me "Tuvey" (or "2V" for short). Plus, my understanding is that Big John is a legend in these here parts so I humbly defer that status to him (and look forward to meeting him).

I'm thrilled to be joining The Huddle team—just happy to be here, one game at a time, fungus on my shower shoes, etc.—and hope to frequent these forums to see what you're buzzing about and how I can help contribute to your next fantasy football title. Feel free to pass along your thoughts, ramblings, story ideas, things you'd like to see expanded upon, etc. David and Whitney have me working primarily on NFL draft stuff at the moment, but there's a whole offseason to fill and a 2008 campaign to get geared up for as well.

And please bear with me as I get my feet wet in these forums. If I step on toes it's only because I'm large and awkward, not because I mean to do you harm. In draft lingo, right now my footwork suggests I project more as a right tackle but with work on my technique I could eventually end up protecting the blind side as well.

Glad to be on board!

2V

While by weight I most certainly could quality for Big John status, truth be told most of my friends don't even know my first name since so many people just call me "Tuvey" (or "2V" for short). Plus, my understanding is that Big John is a legend in these here parts so I humbly defer that status to him (and look forward to meeting him).

I'm thrilled to be joining The Huddle team—just happy to be here, one game at a time, fungus on my shower shoes, etc.—and hope to frequent these forums to see what you're buzzing about and how I can help contribute to your next fantasy football title. Feel free to pass along your thoughts, ramblings, story ideas, things you'd like to see expanded upon, etc. David and Whitney have me working primarily on NFL draft stuff at the moment, but there's a whole offseason to fill and a 2008 campaign to get geared up for as well.

And please bear with me as I get my feet wet in these forums. If I step on toes it's only because I'm large and awkward, not because I mean to do you harm. In draft lingo, right now my footwork suggests I project more as a right tackle but with work on my technique I could eventually end up protecting the blind side as well.

Glad to be on board!

2V

newb

Welcome aboard!

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Just beware ... some of these guys pretend to know something about FF :wacko:

Just kidding - welcome aboard! :D

Oh, and beware of some pirates lurking about ... ARRRRRRRG

Glad to be on board!

2V

Welcome aboard the best FF site by far. I've enjoyed listening to the Fantasy bit on KFAN and enjoy the humor/funny analogies that is always dished up on the air, in the mags, or at Fanball. We need to level out all the Packerness around here, but you will see plenty of purple to make you feel at home. :wacko:

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer to go from forum member #111 at Fanball to something that reads like Pat Williams' daily calorie intake. But I figure I have multiple forums to prove my mettle so I can outgrow my newbie status sooner rather than later.

2V

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer to go from forum member #111 at Fanball to something that reads like Pat Williams' daily calorie intake. But I figure I have multiple forums to prove my mettle so I can outgrow my newbie status sooner rather than later.

2V

:wacko::D

2V

1st welcome

2nd if I were to say: Ikaika Alama-Francis

Would you:

A. Think I was speaking a foreign language

B. Think I was drunk and slurring my words

C. Be a fellow IDPer

2V

That number is still lower than the number of times us Lions fans have been disappointed.

Glad to be on board!

2V

Welcome to the Huddle! :wacko::D

1st welcome

2nd if I were to say: Ikaika Alama-Francis

Would you:

A. Think I was speaking a foreign language

B. Think I was drunk and slurring my words

C. Be a fellow IDPer

Keggerz-

I do play in an IDP league (dynasty auction league with 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, points for picks, sacks, tackles, fumbles, etc.), but my understanding is that you and Mr. Tietgen are the resident IDP experts. I'm fortunate in that the league I play in many of the teams draft defensive guys by name or rep rather than productivity, so I generally don't have to dip all that deep in the pool to round out my defense (last year's starting unit, to give you an idea, was Paul Spicer, Tamba Hali, and Robert Geathers; Chad Greenway, Antonio Pierce, and Kamerion Wimbley; Gibril Wilson, Antrel Rolle, and Jermaine Phillips).

That's the long answer. The short answer is, yes, I IDP, but I'm expecting to be able to take as many cues from you in that area as I might provide.

2V

Glad to be on board!

2V

I think you should start a column called "Topsy Tuvey". I dont know what you would put in it, but just know that I get royalties should you use that as a title. Thanks!

Oh and welcome aboard, Itll be slower around here for a few months, and then it gets crazy. Only the cool people stick around in the offseason.

Keggerz-

I do play in an IDP league (dynasty auction league with 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, points for picks, sacks, tackles, fumbles, etc.), but my understanding is that you and Mr. Tietgen are the resident IDP experts. I'm fortunate in that the league I play in many of the teams draft defensive guys by name or rep rather than productivity, so I generally don't have to dip all that deep in the pool to round out my defense (last year's starting unit, to give you an idea, was Paul Spicer, Tamba Hali, and Robert Geathers; Chad Greenway, Antonio Pierce, and Kamerion Wimbley; Gibril Wilson, Antrel Rolle, and Jermaine Phillips).

That's the long answer. The short answer is, yes, I IDP, but I'm expecting to be able to take as many cues from you in that area as I might provide.

2V

I wont call myself an IDP Expert but I will call myself an IDP GEEK

In all seriousness, welcome to the team and its always good to have another guy that plays on the dark side :wacko: