[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Strength of Schedule

MikesVikes

2008 Strength of Schedule

Rank Team 2007 Winning % of 2008 Opponents

1 Pittsburgh Steelers 0.598

2 Indianapolis Colts 0.594

3 Jacksonville Jaguars 0.559

4 Baltimore Ravens 0.551

5 Minnesota Vikings 0.551

6 Cincinnati Bengals 0.547

7 Cleveland Browns 0.547

8 Houston Texans 0.547

9 Detroit Lions 0.543

10 Tennessee Titans 0.543

11 Chicago Bears 0.532

12 Green Bay Packers 0.532

13 Dallas Cowboys 0.524

14 Washington Redskins 0.524

15 New York Giants 0.520

16 Philadelphia Eagles 0.520

17 St Louis Rams 0.489

18 San Francisco 49ers 0.485

19 Seattle Seahawks 0.477

20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0.469

21 Arizona Cardinals 0.465

22 Carolina Panthers 0.465

23 Miami Dolphins 0.465

24 Atlanta Falcons 0.461

25 New York Jets 0.457

26 Kansas City Chiefs 0.453

27 New Orleans Saints 0.450

28 Buffalo Bills 0.449

29 Denver Broncos 0.446

30 Oakland Raiders 0.438

31 San Diego Chargers 0.422

32 New England Patriots 0.387

Pats, on paper, have the easiest schedule in the league.

Curious.

The AFC has the 8 of the 10 toughest schedules, but it also has 8 of the 10 easiest schedules.

Predetermined divions to play against for 14 of the 16 teams. The rotation has AFC teams against a tough AFC division and tough NFC division or an easier one of both this year.

Predetermined divions to play against for 14 of the 16 teams. The rotation has AFC teams against a tough AFC division and tough NFC division or an easier one of both this year.

Yep. Just odd the way it worked out.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Does SoS really matter anymore? I mean, teams change so much from year to year, you cant really bank on them being really bad just because they were the year before. Yeah some teams just always suck, but I dont believe SoS is anything to judge how hard a teams schedule will REALLY be.

Does SoS really matter anymore? I mean, teams change so much from year to year, you cant really bank on them being really bad just because they were the year before. Yeah some teams just always suck, but I dont believe SoS is anything to judge how hard a teams schedule will REALLY be.

That isn't completely true. The Bills always suck.

That really suprises me. The Vikings schedule looks kind of soft...

And Sieferts take on it too...no cold weather games this year...

SEIFERT TAKE: The first thing that jumps out about this schedule is the lack of cold-weather games. The way things shape up, there are only two possibilities for cold/snow/general muck: Oct. 19 at Chicago (and that’s stretching it) and Nov. 23 at Jacksonville. (For those interested, Jacksonville’s average high on Nov. 23 is 70 degrees. The average low, according to weather.com, is 54.) Otherwise, the Vikings play inside Detroit’s Ford Field on Dec. 7 and at Arizona on Dec. 14.

This advantageous arrangement should not be taken lightly. As you might recall, the Vikings haven’t won a December game that had a kickoff temperature of less than 50 degrees since Dec. 26, 1999. Overall, the Vikings have lost 14 of their past 16 outdoor December games.

I always debate on whether to include it (or to what degree) with player rankings. Seems like some completely ignore SoS and some include it (or at least include it for the playoff weeks). I guess I ignore it more often than not, but I don't know whether that is smart FF or just being too lazy to include one extra thing into player projections. :wacko:

SEIFERT TAKE: The first thing that jumps out about this schedule is the lack of cold-weather games. The way things shape up, there are only two possibilities for cold/snow/general muck: Oct. 19 at Chicago (and that’s stretching it) and Nov. 23 at Jacksonville. (For those interested, Jacksonville’s average high on Nov. 23 is 70 degrees. The average low, according to weather.com, is 54.) Otherwise, the Vikings play inside Detroit’s Ford Field on Dec. 7 and at Arizona on Dec. 14.

This advantageous arrangement should not be taken lightly. As you might recall, the Vikings haven’t won a December game that had a kickoff temperature of less than 50 degrees since Dec. 26, 1999. Overall, the Vikings have lost 14 of their past 16 outdoor December games.

GO ADRIAN!!!

That's not all that honest because they did win a January game at Lambeau in 05. It was 29 that day.