[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jason Taylor rumor

HutOne

I just seen on espn that the Dolphins are interested in trading Taylor for a 1st round pick. I tried finding it somewhere else but that is the only place I've seen it. I was wondering if anyone else seen this or if anyone knows if any teams are interested in trading for him.

I just seen on espn that the Dolphins are interested in trading Taylor for a 1st round pick. I tried finding it somewhere else but that is the only place I've seen it. I was wondering if anyone else seen this or if anyone knows if any teams are interested in trading for him.

950AM in Philly was reporting late tonight that the Eagles will be trading Sheppard to the Rams for their 2nd (#33 overall), and then shipping that pick to the Dolphins for Taylor.

Won't be annoucned until all players have passed physicals.

950AM in Philly was reporting late tonight that the Eagles will be trading Sheppard to the Rams for their 2nd (#33 overall), and then shipping that pick to the Dolphins for Taylor.

I love when the flood gates open with draft eve rumors.

that's just crazy....not that I don't think there is any truth to it...

but isn't Taylor 34?

There was talk in the Florida Times-Union about the Jags trading down if the top 4 DEs are off the board. The Fins could be interested in trading up to the #26 spot to get one of the QBs and the Jags would throw in Matt Jones and also get Taylor and the Fins 2nd rounder. It's all speculation. Should be an interesting draft to say the least.

There was talk in the Florida Times-Union about the Jags trading down if the top 4 DEs are off the board. The Fins could be interested in trading up to the #26 spot to get one of the QBs and the Jags would throw in Matt Jones and also get Taylor and the Fins 2nd rounder. It's all speculation. Should be an interesting draft to say the least.

As the Sirius guys say. When you use the word throw in. The trade not going to happen. They don't want quantity but quality.

I waited a very long time before eventually drafting Taylor in the dynasty draft we're doing right now.

KFFL and others have been saying that they are officially moving him to OLB. Officially doing that instead of just flexing him out there from DE would mean that I couldn't start him as a DL in 2008, and what good would that be?

Then I saw all the trade rumors to Jacksonville, so I took him.

Miami signing Long actually hurts the plan to trade him, because now moving him to LB makes even more sense. As of yesterday, John Clayton no longer thinks he's going to be traded, but Taylor might just retire if they don't trade him.

Not looking like a great draft pick for me now.

that's just crazy....not that I don't think there is any truth to it...

but isn't Taylor 34?

He is...I think the deal would make sense for the Ealges if indeed they believe they have a 1-2 year window to make one final McNabb-led run.

Otherwise, you're trading Sheppard for a crap-shoot 2nd-round pick.

What would you rather have: a 2nd-round pick that may or may not make any kind of impact, or a proven DE still playing at a high-level who would upgrade an already-solid DL?

He is...I think the deal would make sense for the Ealges if indeed they believe they have a 1-2 year window to make one final McNabb-led run.

Otherwise, you're trading Sheppard for a crap-shoot 2nd-round pick.

What would you rather have: a 2nd-round pick that may or may not make any kind of impact, or a proven DE still playing at a high-level who would upgrade an already-solid DL?

we could use the pick to move up considering any team would want the pick....not every team would want Lito Sheppard...

I wouldn't give better than a 3rd rounder for Lito...but that's just me..

and don't get me wrong, I'd love to get Taylor....it just sounds crazy knowing Reid's history...

Most of the rumors on the Dolphins boards have JT going to Jacksonville or Philly.

A new rumor started today that Strahan was contemplating retirement and that the Giants would send the #31 overall pick to the Dolphins for JT.

As a Dolphin homer I can only hope for a bidding war

Taylor will be 34 for the upcoming season.

2 years removed from DPOY.

Has not missed a game since 2000

I'm not buying that he only has 1-2 years left. Strahan played at a high level last year at 36. Bruce Smith played until he was 40. Reggie White played until he was 39.

It will be sad to see JT go but for a 1st rd pick you gotta do it.

Most of the rumors on the Dolphins boards have JT going to Jacksonville or Philly.

A new rumor started today that Strahan was contemplating retirement and that the Giants would send the #31 overall pick to the Dolphins for JT.

As a Dolphin homer I can only hope for a bidding war

Taylor will be 34 for the upcoming season.

2 years removed from DPOY.

Has not missed a game since 2000

I'm not buying that he only has 1-2 years left. Strahan played at a high level last year at 36. Bruce Smith played until he was 40. Reggie White played until he was 39.

It will be sad to see JT go but for a 1st rd pick you gotta do it.

I agree. This guy is a player and a beast.

If I'm the GM of the Eagles, Chargers or Jags, I'm on the phone to Miami pronto to get this deal done....

Let's see; a late 1st round pick on a rookie who may or may not provide any value to my team this year (and all of the above mentioned teams are positioned to win now - not in 2 or 3 years), or trade that pick to a guy I know I can plug in at DE for the next season or two and seriously upgrade my pass rush for a playoff run.

Talk about a no-brainer.

To add to that, Reggie White won a SB at 35 and made 3 more Pro Bowls including one All Pro season.

Taylor is no Reggie but it's not like Taylor is out of shape or an injury concern.

I'd be more worried about Taylor's desire to play at a high level anymore since he was contemplating retirement over a year ago. Although he then went on to make the Pro Bowl again this year so that is probably only a mild concern.

Taylor's build really keeps him healthy. The low weight is easy on the joints. He will also be coming into camp as the most fit player in the league with his time on dancing with the stars.

He's got another 2 years easy. I'd give him 4 if he goes to the right team.

(Rotoworld) Citing league sources, the Washington Post reports that the Dolphins offered Jason Taylor to the Redskins.

Impact: However, the Redskins reportedly turned Miami down. The Dolphins may have asked for the No. 21 overall pick, which Washington is interested in moving, but 'Skins officials don't feel Taylor would fit in with their long-term plans. The Post does not expect the Redskins' stance to change.

I am glad the Redskins did not accept a deal. JT is a quality player but he is not what the Skins need at this time. They need to get younger IMO.

The fact that teams are looking to trade for vets like Allen, Taylor, Roy Williams, Boldin, and CJ gives you a hint at what they think of the current WR and DE draft classes.

I think there are some very good DE's in the rookie draft. The JT trade attempt has more to do with JT's request and the Dolphins trying to get something for him before its to late.

I think there are some very good DE's in the rookie draft. The JT trade attempt has more to do with JT's request and the Dolphins trying to get something for him before its to late.

Well it's definitely more evident with the WRs, though Minnesota traded 17 so they may not have been sold on Merling.

He helped himself at his pro day this week and could likely go to the Skins since they brought their entire staff/front office to watch his workout. Jags would snatch him up if he falls. Campbell may go in round 2. Jason Jones will be a steal if he's there in the third.

As a Bird's fan, I am really hoping there's some merit to this. I'd love to see Taylor come to Philly and give us a major upgrade at DE. A couple decent safety prospects in the draft and maybe a lower-tier WR FA, and i like a nice rebound year with a healthier McNabb, that might finally have a fire in his belly.

As a Bird's fan, I am really hoping there's some merit to this. I'd love to see Taylor come to Philly and give us a major upgrade at DE. A couple decent safety prospects in the draft and maybe a lower-tier WR FA, and i like a nice rebound year with a healthier McNabb, that might finally have a fire in his belly.

we'd have...

Cole | Bunkley | Patterson | Taylor

who could handle that?..

certainly not Dallas or NY...let alone the Skins...and two of those three teams are usually favored to earn a playoff spot..

If I'm the GM of the Eagles, Chargers or Jags, I'm on the phone to Miami pronto to get this deal done....

SD sports radio is all abuzz this morning about the possibility of Taylor coming to the Bolts.

We'll see.........

Wahh! Tuna won't talk to me! :D

:wacko:

:D

Taylor is nothing but class, and has been busting his ass for a team that seemingly didn't care if it won or lost. Bill Parcells, as great as he thinks he is should still treat someone like Taylor with respect. I bet you get upset if someone talks to you in a tone you don't like at work...

Taylor is a professional, and deserves to be treated as such.