[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jason Taylor rumor

HutOne

how does it look to the other players if Parcells comes in being all friendly to a guy who should be training yesterday and the day before rather than doing this dancing crap weekly for a televised audience?...

Parcells probably doesn't like it and is openly willing to let him know how he feels about it..

nobody gets special treatment...Parcells wants everyone training... RIGHT NOW...

A leader has to be able to be on the same plain as the others they are around. They have to be able to do what others do, as well as going beyond. They have to be able to set the tone. Thats what helps them lead, but most importantly, stay leaders.

I am all for what Jason is doing, but one has to think, is he really still into football as much as he once was.

I think that is why Parcells keeps a distance. Shouldn't the player go to the coach? Why should the coach have to chase his team leader?

I Would have liked to see him dealt, for a few more picks, and to send him to a playoff team. But it didn't seem like any concrete offers were out there.

As far as staying in shape, he is probably doing a very good thing to prep his body for the upcoming year.

Low impact but great conditioning, a sound plan for letting the body heal and get ready for another season of brutality. Yes... It sounds ghey, but have you ever checked out the physiques on professional dancers? Lean, strong and great cardio. If he is doing this and practicing every day, he will be in very good condition when he does finally get to the Phins complex.

This is not addressing the issue of his "implied" obligations to the team and his contractual obligations to the team. If he is fullfilling his contractual obligations, Taylor is one of a handful of players that I don't think can be questioned. Awsome player and quality character. The Tuna should keep his pie hole shut on this one. It is good PR for his team and the league. :wacko:

Edited by McBoog

I think Taylor should have sex w/ that chick on Parcell's desk.

<GeorgeCostanzaVoice> "Was I not supposed to do that? I have to tell you Mr. Parcells, but when I came in here, no one told me I wasn't supposed to do that."

Edited by Bengal Mania

• 3 weeks later...
"This is my reaction with the Jason Taylor situation, and I'm going to answer this question one time. I'm not going to answer another question about the Jason Taylor situation after I answer this," Sparano began.

"Here's what I know: What I know is that Jason Taylor -- and I'm glad we've gotten the information; that's important -- I know that Jason is not going to be at any OTAs [organized team activities]. I know that Jason is not going to be at any minicamps, and I know that right now, that Jason is not going to be at training camp.

"That being said, we need to discuss the current players on our team right now that have been busting their butt for nine weeks here."

Yea, I think he's pretty much done with Miami.

Something tells me that Jason Taylor will not be moping around his house if the phins don't trade him.

What does Miami have to gain by not trading him? It's not like they are teaching him a lesson or anything. Is there some cap benefit to forcing him to retire?

Edited by AtomicCEO