[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle

devilwoman

What players? Seriously. Name one. One. Kelly Jennings? I'm not necessarily an anti-Ruskell guy by any stretch, I just don't see it. Sure, I don't expect a superstar out of a late-first rounder...but you have got to hit on at least one diamond in the rough at some point. You've got to "hit" on a player to deserve the kudos that he always seems to get. Without hitting in the draft, your team is stuck going through free agency, which can only take you so far before you have an old and overpaid team. Sadly, I think we are on this path, due mostly to the fact that we seem to be pretty inept at gathering quality depth in the draft.

I'd lay off the Hawks with drafts like your Viqueens have had...

Robert Smith - 21 overall, Not a hugh bust, but it took him 4 seasons to do anything, then he retired.

Derrick Alexander - 11th overall, picked ahead of Hugh Douglas and Sapp. Sucked.

Dwayne Rudd - 20th overall, Bust, went all over the NFL, then single handedly lost a game against the Chiefs when he played for the Browns with his helmet stunt.

Dimitrius Underwood - 29th overall, Walked out of training camp on the first day because he wouldn't balance football and God. Truly mentally unstable.

Michael Bennett - 27th overall, One decent season. Otherwise, sucked.

Troy Williamson, 7th overall :D

My point isn't to say that one team has sucked worse than the other. My point is that EVERY team in the NFL has their good handful of 1st round busts. Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing superstar players from the 7th round.

Walk up to a football fan, not a huddler diehard, and say the names "Mirer, Bosworth, and Koren" then say "Bennett, Smith, Underwood". The blunders from the first group will be remembered, the second group of names will likely get you a blank stare.

Two of the guys you mentioned for the Vikes were before the 20th pick. All but Stevens were before the 20th pick from the list of Seahawks.

I cannot stand the Seahawks, mostly due to their fans, they are not football fans, they are generally only Seahawk fans. They only know the score of the game, and the names of their stars, which leads to boring football talk.

When the Seahawks have a bad season (very soon I assure you) I will be very interested to see how many football fans remain in the great northwest. :wacko:

-DD21

From a Seahawks thread to a Vikings/Raiders pissing match. :wacko:

I do have to take exception to Robert Smith. The man could play, was fun to watch and like Jimmy Smith was smart to retire while his heath was still good.

From a Seahawks thread to a Vikings/Raiders pissing match. :wacko:

I do have to take exception to Robert Smith. The man could play, was fun to watch and like Jimmy Smith was smart to retire while his heath was still good.

:D I didn't see any Raider talk?

When the Seahawks have a bad season (very soon I assure you) I will be very interested to see how many football fans remain in the great northwest. :wacko:

You're a VIKING fan. You have no grounds to be talking trash about SUPPLEMENTAL draft picks made by the Seahawks in the late 1980s. If you don't like living in Pierce County, I suggest moving.

I cannot stand the Seahawks, mostly due to their fans, they are not football fans, they are generally only Seahawk fans. They only know the score of the game, and the names of their stars, which leads to boring football talk.

Says the guy who is pushing a retarded pissing match by pimping his Vikings in a Seahawk thread.

Everybody knows Seattle has some of the worst fans in sports, but I think the biggest reason why is simply because they don't know how to be good fans yet. We are still relative babies to professional sports. The novelty stage hasn't completely given way to the diehard just yet. A lot of you had grandparents that were big fans of your local teams. There are family and city traditions that teach you how to be a good fan.

Also, you have to take in to account the fact that we kind of have little man's syndrome. Even when a Seattle sports team is having a good stretch of years, they are still nothing but afterthoughts and boxscores to both the media and citizens. We have to hee and haw about our teams, because quite simply, nobody else does.

The alarming thing about Seahawk fans is just how damn drunk they are. I have been absolutely ashamed and embarrassed to be a Washingtonian after some of the displays I have seen by our fans roughing up the fans of the opposing team. If I ever breed (insert joke here), I am not going to be taking my kid to any Seahawks games until he is well into his teens, unless there are some drastic changes. I know this isn't unique to Seattle, but geez, outta control.

You're a VIKING fan. You have no grounds to be talking trash about SUPPLEMENTAL draft picks made by the Seahawks in the late 1980s. If you don't like living in Pierce County, I suggest moving.

I like where I live, and I believe I can talk about whatever I want.

Being a fan of one team will not ever stop someone from talking trash about a different team.

You seem to be pretty knowledgable about football in general, and nothing was directed at you personally.(obviously) The huddlers I've met are a great bunch, Sky, Hughy, Frazia, Bone, you know all the other guys from ECB? They all know my stance on the Seahawks, and no one has ever once thrown it back with such a negative tone.

Who pissed in your Wheaties? :wacko:

-DD21

Says the guy who is pushing a retarded pissing match by pimping his Vikings in a Seahawk thread.

I never pimped my Vikes, someone else threw them out.

Thanks though, we'll have to get together for a beer so your distaste for me can come from more than one thread on a message board. :wacko:

-DD21

Edited by digitaldan21

The alarming thing about Seahawk fans is just how damn drunk they are. I have been absolutely ashamed and embarrassed to be a Washingtonian after some of the displays I have seen by our fans roughing up the fans of the opposing team.

I go to one game just about every year, always in the opposing teams gear. Those who know will tell you I'm pretty easy going, and not really physically intimidating. I have been heckled, and once (at a preseason game) some guys went too far. I let it be known they could sit down, shut up, or I would come up a few rows and we could discuss it a face to face. (There was copius profanity, but that was the gist of it) They sat down, and the people between myself and the assclowns, thanked me for putting an end to it. I've never felt physically threatened, but I agree the drunk people are easier to find at Seahawks games, than my local bar. (Wayne's in Puyallup, WA :wacko:)

-DD21

:wacko: I didn't see any Raider talk?

Sorry man my error.

I lived in Seattle during the Boz, Chuck Knox, Curt Warner, Krieg, Largent days. I liked the old uniforms better.

Every team has some trades they'd like to forget about. The Packers sure do. Boz was a lot better than Mandarich. Both were loud mouths but at least Boz played hard when he did play. At least he tried.