[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mario Manninghan

Sooner Nation

Guest Chappy

I thought for sure that Dallas was going to take Manningham right there at #61. That was a bad pick IMO and certainly one I think they should've used more wisely.

wow, his stock plummeted. I wish Dallas had taken him at 61, instead of the TE.

Bennett is a nice player and the #1 TE imo, and definately more athletic than Fasano, who Dallas traded for the 4.1, but WR is a need, as is OL. TE certainly didnt seem to be.

I'm disgusted w/ Jerry right now. If you are taking a RB in the first, take Mendenhall. I like Jenkins, but would have rather Jerry traded the 22 to get a early 2nd round pick and a another later pick. Then take Jenkins at 28, take a WR in the mid 2nd and pick up Ray Rice or Jamal Charles later in the 2nd. People say Felix Jones is a home run threat, but Mendenhall is actually faster than Jones. I'm just disgusted right now.

I thought for sure that Dallas was going to take Manningham right there at #61. That was a bad pick IMO and certainly one I think they should've used more wisely.

There was no excuse for not taking Manningham there.

Guest Chappy
There was no excuse for not taking Manningham there.

Don't feel so bad, my Broncos took Eddie "Freakin" Royal when all the other WRs were still on the board. :wacko:

I'm disgusted w/ Jerry right now. If you are taking a RB in the first, take Mendenhall. I like Jenkins, but would have rather Jerry traded the 22 to get a early 2nd round pick and a another later pick. Then take Jenkins at 28, take a WR in the mid 2nd and pick up Ray Rice or Jamal Charles later in the 2nd. People say Felix Jones is a home run threat, but Mendenhall is actually faster than Jones. I'm just disgusted right now.

Dont get me wrong, I love Mendenhall, but Jones is exactly what Dallas needs. I am fine with that pick. IM even happier they got Jenkins, and didnt settle for just Pac-Man. But there is no excuse to pass on Manningham right there when he fell in their lap.

Manningham should go to Miami at the 64th pick to complete the Michigan threesome force.

Long,Henne and Manningham

I see this happening as well. He would make for a very interesting drafting prospect immediately if that happens as well. Since he already know him from being his receiver at Michigan.

Everything in my gut says we missed again on the back Mendenhall, just like we did with Jones over Jackson. I hope I am wrong. I am not sold on Manningham, in fact this years draft feels WR soft even though I know there are some hidden gems in it, I just have no idea who they are. I am ok with the draft so far as we addressed CB need and Jones at worst will be at least as good as the Jones we shipped off to Seatte. Again hope I am wrong but I think Mendenhall may have been a better pick. I would have felt better with him right now but who knows. We will surely find out though.

I'm not sure Jenkins would have gotten past Houston.

Guest Chappy
Would you really want him in that locker room with TO and Pac Man?

I personally don't care as they're not my team. I'm just stating that I thought it was a bad move that they didn't take Manningham and instead took a guy in TE Bennett who wasn't needed as much, if at all.

I'm guessing Maningham is falling due to his character issues, most likely due to his drug testing. I read somewhere although college had checked for performance enhancing drugs, Mario was very lucky they weren't testing for street drugs. I forget if this was in the local papers a week back or so. Goodells policy must be making teams think very hard before taking huge risks on guys.

I personally don't care as they're not my team. I'm just stating that I thought it was a bad move that they didn't take Manningham and instead took a guy in TE Bennett who wasn't needed as much, if at all.

That's the reason why it wasn't a bad move. They have enough character issues already.

Lot's of dropped balls, any type of pressure from the corners/safeties makes him an afterthought, and off-the-field issues...he'll fit right in as one of Eli's wideouts... :wacko:

:D at pick #95 your just jealous...Excellent draft by the Champs, S/CB/WR/LB/LB/QB/DE. Giants have plugged hole in the secondary and stockpiled some LB depth. While taking a QB who should be much better than his rnd 6 slot (unfortunatley It would seem to spell the end of lorenzan in Giants Blue)...maybe pull a Matt Shaub? Burress/Toomer/Smith/Manningham/Shockey/Boss/Jacobs/Ward/Bradshaw...lots of weapons for Eli.

allthough ill say this...if the Giants get the same kind of production out of thier last 2 draft picks like they did last year they are in trouble :D

ill give them a "B" I personaly would of reached for Molden for a second round CB pick at that spot...but regardless he should be able to bang some receivers around

opps...guess this post belongs in the "grad your team" thread more than here.

Edited by Robash

All i hear about is Manningham's size and strength but he appears to be nearly the same size as Terry Glenn. What am I missing.

All I hear about is that year he was thrown to 140+ times and was able to hang onto about 70 of them...sounds like Troy Williamson's twin brother :wacko:

But he's real good once he's got the football... :D

Jealous of 'the reach'...lmao

Could have easily gotten him in the 5th or 6th round where he was projected to go by the other 31 teams...

like i said earlier...don't hate. Keep comming up with the excuses for not taking him though, i enjoy a good laugh...