[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best customizable FREE league?

vedhead

Hey guys,

Been doing the Yahoo! Fantasy League for the past few seasons...kicking ass too :wacko:

Now, I want to customize the point system a lot more...like adding a 5 pt bonus for starting your optimal line-up...so coaches have a chance to earn points too...

Now, you cannot do this at Yahoo!

Anybody know of a place that will allow you to customize scoring in this way? Not just have some pre-loaded scoring features to choose from, but actually create your ow categories...

?

Thanks for your help!!

Richard

Guest Chappy

Two things:

1- Free Leagues suck major ass.

2- Kicking ass in free leagues is nothing to brag about as your opponents are most likely using that stuff for mock drafting or are newbie owners trying their hand at the game and are generally clueless.

You want help? Get into a pay league with some decent competition and truly enjoy the competitive spirit of Fantasy Football. And the website/s you'll be advised to use by most huddlers is MFL (MyFantasyLeague.com) or Fanball.com.

Two things:

1- Free Leagues suck major ass.

2- Kicking ass in free leagues is nothing to brag about as your opponents are most likely using that stuff for mock drafting or are newbie owners trying their hand at the game and are generally clueless.

You want help? Get into a pay league with some decent competition and truly enjoy the competitive spirit of Fantasy Football. And the website/s you'll be advised to use by most huddlers is MFL (MyFantasyLeague.com) or Fanball.com.

pretty ignorant answer.

My competition is a group of 12 guys that I have been competing with for 5 seasons now. Not looking for new competitors. Just a highly customizable scoring system.

I know my opponents and they all take it very seriously. We pay $150 per team to play, and we prefer TAKING HOME the $$ as opposed to paying someone to host the site.

I'm looking at FanStar now...I have an email into them to see if you can add coaching based bonuses.

Free leagues are actually pretty f*cking sweet...if you just want the basics...why you relate them to the caliber of competition is beyond me...they have nothing to do with each other...

Guest Chappy
pretty ignorant answer.

My competition is a group of 12 guys that I have been competing with for 5 seasons now. Not looking for new competitors. Just a highly customizable scoring system.

I know my opponents and they all take it very seriously. We pay $150 per team to play, and we prefer TAKING HOME the $$ as opposed to paying someone to host the site.

I'm looking at FanStar now...I have an email into them to see if you can add coaching based bonuses.

Free leagues are actually pretty f*cking sweet...if you just want the basics...why you relate them to the caliber of competition is beyond me...they have nothing to do with each other...

See now that is much better providing some details as to what you're looking for. My answer wasn't ignorant it was being completely honest based on the info you provided (which lacked details). I still believe playing in free leagues through yahoo, etc. is not the best way to go when looking for solid competition and IMO the most fun. You have your opinion and I'm certainly entitled to mine. However, your league (after you explained things better) does not fit this description as it's a bunch of guys that know each other getting together and drafting with $$ on the line and wanting to be able to keep the money instead of pay for the software to run the league. You asked for help and I gave it suggesting 2 sites that you could use for your league with MFL being the best. However, they're not free so beyond that I can't help. Best of luck to you.

Edited by Chappy

See now that is much better providing some details as to what you're looking for. My answer wasn't ignorant it was being completely honest based on the info you provided (which lacked details). I still believe playing in free leagues through yahoo, etc. is not the best way to go when looking for solid competition and IMO the most fun. You have your opinion and I'm certainly entitled to mine. However, your league (after you explained things better) does not fit this description as it's a bunch of guys that know each other getting together and drafting with $$ on the line and wanting to be able to keep the money instead of pay for the software to run the league. You asked for help and I gave it suggesting 2 sites that you could use for your league with MFL being the best. However, they're not free so beyond that I can't help. Best of luck to you.

yeah, i should have been clearer. sorry.

I'll check out MFL.

$$ isnt really the issue, but if you can customize for free, no reason to pay.

thanks.