[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals draft two WRs

The Irish Doggy

One replaces Chris Henry, but I'm surprised they go two with the early picks when they have so many areas of need. Gotta wonder if they are planning on trading Chad after June 1 when the cap hit can be spread over two years.

One replaces Chris Henry, but I'm surprised they go two with the early picks when they have so many areas of need. Gotta wonder if they are planning on trading Chad after June 1 when the cap hit can be spread over two years.

I love the pick.Caldwell had a 2nd round grade.First goodbye to Chris Henry,and now either Glen Holt or Chatman.

Well now Chad,tell us the one about how you're gonna win this one again.It looks like ML is all out of bubblegum.

Let's hope not.

The Bengals would be better off firing Marvin. He's better fit to coach high school football.

Every pick should have been D this year.

85's attitude is pissing me off, but I think he'll come around when he realizes that outside of the NFL, he really isn't as famous and popular as he thinks he is. In fact, as much as I love the guy (I named my cat after him), I don't think anyone takes him serious...he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Chad: Get out there, GET OPEN, CATCH THE BALL (100+ times) and DANCE (20+ times)...and I PROMISE, you won't be complaining next off season.

This goes against Brown's MO. They've had disgruntled players before, and they didn't give in. Chad should ask Carl Pickins and Corey Dillon how quick they gave in...

You're right, but in those situations they had replacements for those guys. There is no replacing Chad Johnson. And definitely not with a rookie.

drafting a WR in the 2nd or 3rd would be fine...but using both picks so early to address WR tells me something is up...

I think Chad gets traded after June 1st...

another thing I noticed is the Eagles drafted a WR that will probably never be the #1 or #2, but is great on special teams..

not to mention they added an additional 1st rounder for next year....

Lito Sheppard, a 1st next year, another pick and or a player on the DL could get this done...

I think the Bengals may have been holding off until the June 1st cuts and this would explain why they didn't take the Skins offer...

splitting 8 mil over 2 years changes the complexity of everything...

drafting a WR in the 2nd or 3rd would be fine...but using both picks so early to address WR tells me something is up...

I think the Bengals may have been holding off until the June 1st cuts and this would explain why they didn't take the Skins offer...

Another explanation of why they didn't accept the Redskins offer is the fact that they KNOW they don't draft well, and trading CJ for two draft picks would have only magnified their ineptitude in the draft. Imagine trading CJ for two bust draft picks. That would be hard to live down. If they are going to trade CJ it makes perfect sense that they would trade him for established players so they don't have as much of a chance of screwing the thing up.

I definitely think the Bengals should and will deal Johnson. I'm just not sure they are bright enough to get a decent return on the trade. What they need is a trading partner even more clueless than them, but that is a short list

Another explanation of why they didn't accept the Redskins offer is the fact that they KNOW they don't draft well, and trading CJ for two draft picks would have only magnified their ineptitude in the draft. Imagine trading CJ for two bust draft picks. That would be hard to live down. If they are going to trade CJ it makes perfect sense that they would trade him for established players so they don't have as much of a chance of screwing the thing up.

I definitely think the Bengals should and will deal Johnson. I'm just not sure they are bright enough to get a decent return on the trade. What they need is a trading partner even more clueless than them, but that is a short list

you can't "know" you draft well...you just have to focus on drafting better...

no real GM thinks like that...they have to focus on rebuilding if Chad is gone since they need a young RB to take over and a more improved OL/DL....and don't get me started on the rest of their D...

however, I think the not trading Chad thing is just a smokescreen to make teams think they don't have their backs against the wall in the situation...and they do...

Chad will be moved in June..

Another explanation of why they didn't accept the Redskins offer is the fact that they KNOW they don't draft well.

There have been a number of draft analysis articles that show the Bengals draft players that remain with the team as contributers at a better percentage than most of the NFL.

The reason they didn't accept the offer is the cap hit.

There have been a number of draft analysis articles that show the Bengals draft players that remain with the team as contributers at a better percentage than most of the NFL.

The reason they didn't accept the offer is the cap hit.

Well, cap hit is part of it. Draft analysis articles don't paint the whole picture. This team has serious character issues. Look at the guys who have been in trouble. Look at who drafted them. And you can start to look right there when doing a playoff analysis of the team they have assembled in their drafts. Having good players is not good enough to win in the NFL. You need guys that can play and don't have a half foot of bone between their ears. The Bengals have underachieved. Some players have thrived from a numbers standpoint despite the teams shortcomings, but that should in no way excuse the fact that the team has fallen flat on its face. I look at the guys you put in the lockerroom. The mindset of that lockerroom. And the character as well. It all starts at the draft.

I think the Bengals have shown they can draft talented WRs in almost any round. It may be the only position they excel at.

(Not talking about character, only talent)

Have heard numerous rumors (ont he news and internet chatter, I'm not linking a private source) that "say" Jerome Simpson would not have made it out of the 2nd round, and Pitt is a repeat name I've heard that would have taken him.

I'm not counting on these guys at all this year. If Chad holds out, their gonna struggle being forced to step in now. But.....I think in a couple years we will have some decent playmakers to take over the reigns from Chad and TJ.

Chad - I'm officially launching my campaign to ask the Bengals to NOT trade or cut Johnson this year, but rather to "take one" for the rest of hte NFL. If he shapes up NOW, ok, get past it. If he holds out, fine, you don't pay him. If and when he reports, suspend him for hte max number of games, then put him on the scout team during hte week, and inactive on Sundays. Then next year you trade him to the worst possible team, so he can show them his team attitude.