[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pats draft through 4

1 jerod mayo-loooveee itttttttttttt

2 terrence wheatley-looks like a reach...gotta trust my guys on this one...has great timed speed....will contribute on special teams...could be a nice nickel slot guy early on

3-traded to san diego for their 09 second rounder....good deal...san diego takes jacob hester...whom i liked for the patriots in the heath evans role...but not that early

3 shawn crable-the pats may have found a true value here...they may have gotten a poorer version of vernon gholston here....this guy projects well as a 3-4 rush linebacker...needs some polishing and foxboro mass is the place for that....28.5 tackles for a loss and 7.5 sacks as a senior

3-kevin oconnell-cant help but wonder if they were hoping for jermicheal finley to fall here and this was their consolation...they brought finley in for visit and are in need of TE help...probably spells the end for matt cassell in NE....cassell has no feel for a pass rush(probably the result of a lack of snaps at the collegiate level)and hasnt developed one...his experiment is probably over...i see matt gutierrez making the roster over cassell...o'connell is a riser who has been on many draft sites sleeper lists....this kid could be developed and eventually flipped for a pick

4 jonathan wilwhite-another smallish corner with great timed speed...theyve added some much needed speed,youth, and depth here with wheatley and whilwhite...ive seen whilwhite ranked as high as the 10th best corner in this draft....was kinda hoping that the pats would look at kellen davis here cause they could use a TE...and davis has the frame to be a big blocker at the nfl level...they are most likely turned off by his lack of maturity

all in all...im pretty happy....and i trust the guys who make these decisions....really excited about mayo and shawn crable...i think crable is just a great value compared to gholston....and im happy they added youth and speed in the secondary

Crable is going to be a steal.

couldnt agree more....i mean the kid is long and athletic...cant wait for bb and mike vrabel to get their hands on him....loving his 3-4 rush potential...and the guy also has the potential to play inside....in time i can see this guy learning to play both...although thatll probably take awhile

http://i32.tinypic.com/wmij6e.jpg

couldnt agree more....i mean the kid is long and athletic...cant wait for bb and mike vrabel to get their hands on him....loving his 3-4 rush potential...and the guy also has the potential to play inside....in time i can see this guy learning to play both...although thatll probably take awhile

http://i32.tinypic.com/wmij6e.jpg

He's a playmaker for sure. Get ready for some highlight reel plays.

cmon sleeping king? i see you are around...nothing to add? i mean i know you were clamoring for them to take ryan clady cuz we so desperately needed offensive line help right?? how many offensive lineman did we take this weekend?

No I never said I was desperate for line help.

Here is what I said in the mock.

"Why? You actually think Kaczur or O'Callaghan are capable RT starters. I thought the Super Bowl exposed both tackle positions. Light would be much better served at RT and Kaczur at RG. If Gholston is not there and they actually decide to stay at 7 I would love Clady. Are you in favor of a corner? And if so can you honestly tell me which you think is the best between Rogers-Cromartie, McKelvin, Jenkins, Talib, Cason, etc...

This draft is loaded at corner. They can trade down to the twenties and likely get the same type of corner prospect that they would at 7. The same can not be said for OT. In my perfect world, McFadden is there at 7, they trade down to 22 and 28 and select Quentin Groves and whichever corner is highest on the list. "

My main point was not to take a CB at 7.

Going into the draft I felt the biggest needs were

ILB

OLB

RT

CB

I absolutely love the Mayo pick. He should be starting by midseason once he gets the scheme down. I have watched tons of Michigan games and Crable will be a stud. He is the prototype Belchick LB. I see a ton of Vrabel in him with Crable being a better athelete. Those two picks alone were enough to make me happy for the weekend.

Wheatley and Wilhite are typical Belichick CB picks. A little on the small side but both guys that can contribute immediately to special teams and hopefully work into something more aka Samuel, Hobbs, Gay. One thing they appear to have over the previous ones mentioned is a lot of speed. Pioli stated predraft that they intended on getting faster on the field and they did.

O'Connell was where I wanted them to take Conner but that is just me being selfish. Cassel sucks. The fact that Brady had to go back in the game vs. Miami after Cassel threw the pick 6 showed to me what they thought of him. Towards the end of the season Gutierrez was taking the backup snaps. Best case scenario-he turns into Schaub and they trade him for picks. Worst case scenario-Rohan Davey

Slater and Ruud are special teamers. They will have a tough time making the team unless some major injuries happen.

I would give the draft a solid B+. The did a great job of addressing some serious needs. I do think they needed to do something with RT but with so many going early in the draft I'm sure they felt it to be a position without any value left. Here's to hoping O'Callaghan can turn a corner because I really do not want Kaczur starting next season.

Oh and I guess this draft should end the nonsense of Meriweather to CB. I think he could do a good job but he started playing very well at safety. Well enough that he played a ton during the Super Bowl.