[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ranking the RB's

Jackass

Here's how i see it...

Darren McFadden Raiders - Close call between him and Stewart, but i'd probably pick him at 1

Jonathan Stewart Panthers - Even with D'angelo, Panthers will be run first team and he should be the primary

Rashard Mendenhall Steelers - Not a great situation, but these situations can work out a couple years down the road

Kevin Smith Lions - Best situation for a rb coming in

Matt Forte Bears - potential to be feature back

Chris Johnson Titans - Crowded backfield

Ray Rice Ravens - Backup to magahee

Felix Jones Cowboys - Unlikely to ever to be main guy

Steve Slaton Texans - Undersized but competition is wide open

Guest Chappy
Here's how i see it...

Darren McFadden Raiders - Close call between him and Stewart, but i'd probably pick him at 1

Jonathan Stewart Panthers - Even with D'angelo, Panthers will be run first team and he should be the primary

Rashard Mendenhall Steelers - Not a great situation, but these situations can work out a couple years down the road

Kevin Smith Lions - Best situation for a rb coming in

Matt Forte Bears - potential to be feature back

Chris Johnson Titans - Crowded backfield

Ray Rice Ravens - Backup to magahee

Felix Jones Cowboys - Unlikely to ever to be main guy

Steve Slaton Texans - Undersized but competition is wide open

I don't know for sure how it will all shake out at this point and this will definitely be a subject that is revisited later this summer. But the highlighted players above will most certainly have a major impact for the teams that drafted them.

Yeah, none of the top backs landed in a great situation to dominate carries. This is a worst case scenario for anyone with a top pick in a dynasty league like myself. Pre-draft I liked Mendenhall the best, but now...who knows.

Yeah, none of the top backs landed in a great situation to dominate carries. This is a worst case scenario for anyone with a top pick in a dynasty league like myself. Pre-draft I liked Mendenhall the best, but now...who knows.

I was thiking the same thing. Now it appears someone with the 1.3 - 1.6 could get Mendenhall, or Stewart. If teams drafting high eed to win now, they might pass on one of those guys, possibly even McFadden.

Why is McFadden to the Raiders such a bad thing?

While McF might get the majority of the carries, he has Fargas that was just resigned, and Bush who has a lot to prove. I think there will be a 3 way split there, and who knows who is gonna get the goal line touches there.

None of the guys really landed in prime time spots, but Forte and Smith have the best chance to make an immediate impact IMO.

While McF might get the majority of the carries, he has Fargas that was just resigned, and Bush who has a lot to prove. I think there will be a 3 way split there, and who knows who is gonna get the goal line touches there.

None of the guys really landed in prime time spots, but Forte and Smith have the best chance to make an immediate impact IMO.

They didn't resign Fargas to a very big deal at all, and if Bush was truly healthy and ready to roll I think they pass on McFadden all together. McFadden is a ton more talented than either Fargas or Bush. While I think all three will get carries, I see McFadden having a strong rookie season and taking the majority of the carries.

I don't get high picks these days so it's good for those of us who study these guys. It didn't take much to pick RB's 1.01-1.03 last year. I like the confusion.

Why is McFadden to the Raiders such a bad thing?

It isn't and it should help Russell. That much I do like.

Edited by Randall

I traded for 1st round rookie pick in last year's preseason that wound up being #2 overall, so obviously I lucked out in that regard. The way I see it, the guys put in the best position to get a majority of the carries from day 1 day are Matt Forte and Kevin Smith. Assuming McFadden goes #1, there is no chance I could get myself to take one of them over Mendenhall (my pre-draft favorite) or Stewart, however. Its a strange situation in that the lower picks have a better chance of putting up the bigger numbers come opening day.

I'm not in desperate need of a RB, so I plan on taking Mendenhall and hoping for the best over the longterm. But if someone wants help ASAP, I can see them bypassing the higher draft picks for "less talented" players in Forte and Smith, so I think its a strange situation this year.

I traded for 1st round rookie pick in last year's preseason that wound up being #2 overall, so obviously I lucked out in that regard. The way I see it, the guys put in the best position to get a majority of the carries from day 1 day are Matt Forte and Kevin Smith. Assuming McFadden goes #1, there is no chance I could get myself to take one of them over Mendenhall (my pre-draft favorite) or Stewart, however. Its a strange situation in that the lower picks have a better chance of putting up the bigger numbers come opening day.

I'm not in desperate need of a RB, so I plan on taking Mendenhall and hoping for the best over the longterm. But if someone wants help ASAP, I can see them bypassing the higher draft picks for "less talented" players in Forte and Smith, so I think its a strange situation this year.

The Panthers landed the most complete back in the draft in Stewart, who led the Pac-10 in rushing a year ago. He couldn’t have asked for a better destination, as his only RB competition in Carolina will be DeAngelo Williams, who has yet to assert himself at the pro level. A timeshare between Williams and Stewart is the likely scenario to begin the season, but expect the Oregon standout to produce, even in limited duty. Don’t worry about his toe injury; he’ll be fine when training camp rolls around. Fantasy owners should not hesitate to grab Stewart on draft day, as he easily could take home Rookie of the Year honors. I have the #1 pick in 2 dynasty leagues and am taking Stew without ZERO hesitation.

The Panthers landed the most complete back in the draft in Stewart, who led the Pac-10 in rushing a year ago. He couldn’t have asked for a better destination, as his only RB competition in Carolina will be DeAngelo Williams, who has yet to assert himself at the pro level. A timeshare between Williams and Stewart is the likely scenario to begin the season, but expect the Oregon standout to produce, even in limited duty. Don’t worry about his toe injury; he’ll be fine when training camp rolls around. Fantasy owners should not hesitate to grab Stewart on draft day, as he easily could take home Rookie of the Year honors. I have the #1 pick in 2 dynasty leagues and am taking Stew without ZERO hesitation.

Doesnt that mean you'll hesitate? I think you meant WITH zero hesitation. :wacko:

FWIW, I agree. Stewart is the best RB in this draft, and Id even say by a long shot.

This from my personal opinion But being from Oregon and being a season ticket holder i got to see Jonathan Stewart play on many occasions and he is the best back in this draft

How do you know if you weren't at home watching the other guys too? :wacko:

Do not forget that Marion Barber is a unrestricted free agent next year. I'd expect a contract agreement from Dallas at some point but right now they are way way off on numbers. In a dynasty league Felix Jones does have value as he may be #1 next year in a very good Cowboy's offense.

Possibly, but if the cowboys were worried about that, wouldn't they have picked mendenhall?

Do not forget that Marion Barber is a unrestricted free agent next year. I'd expect a contract agreement from Dallas at some point but right now they are way way off on numbers. In a dynasty league Felix Jones does have value as he may be #1 next year in a very good Cowboy's offense.

Jones isn't going to be a featured back. And do you seriously have a pissing Calvin as your avatar? :wacko: