[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Hart

budlitebrad

I thought he would have been gone by the 5th, even with a 4.7 40. Say what you want about his speed, the guy had great production and the game tape usually is the ultimate basis for judgment.

What do you think the GMs are seeing that everyone else seems to be missing?

Guest Chappy
I thought he would have been gone by the 5th, even with a 4.7 40. Say what you want about his speed, the guy had great production and the game tape usually is the ultimate basis for judgment.

What do you think the GMs are seeing that everyone else seems to be missing?

I think you mentioned one of the issues causing him to fall in lack of speed. The other is lack of size and durability. At 5-8 and 200 lbs, he's never going to be a homerun hitter and doesn't have the power to get yards between the tackles. He had some ankle injuries last season and injuries just like that will be an even bigger problem for him with the physicality of the NFL.

Guest Chappy
on tape he reminds me of an MJD type of back- at this point in the draft why not take a shot- I hope the Eagles take him at #200

Height and weight wise sure Hart would remind you of MJD. However, Hart ran in the 4.7's in the 40 and MJD ran sub 4.4 (4.39). MJD's vertical was also 8 inches higher than Hart's... 8 INCHES!! Hart jumped only 28 inches whereas MJD was up at 36 inches. Again those numbers for Hart show a lack of speed and explosion and are most definitely a major reason why he fell the way he did. No doubt he plays with a lot of heart and passion but that just won't cut it at the Pro level and he's certainly no MJD.

Edited by Chappy

Indy finally takes him at 6.36 (202 overall)

Lack of athleticism or not, that's some tremendous value for a major-college RB as accomplished as Hart.

? Not really. He's small, slow, tended to get nicked up and has very little upside - not exactly great value material. I think the NFL will eat him alive and his best feature Colts-wise is lack of competition. He'll be lucky to last long even as a backup - but that's the case for your typical late-round pick anyway .

Edited by BeeR

? Not really. He's small, slow, tended to get nicked up and has very little upside - not exactly great value material. I think the NFL will eat him alive and his best feature Colts-wise is lack of competition. He'll be lucky to last long even as a backup - but that's the case for your typical late-round pick anyway .

I seem to remember alot of the same things being said of Chris Spielman, and yes I know, different positions. Chris showed what heart can do, and will do. Give me 22 starters with that heart over supossed talent.

I seem to remember alot of the same things being said of Chris Spielman, and yes I know, different positions. Chris showed what heart can do, and will do. Give me 22 starters with that heart over supossed talent.

Isn't that Millen's philosophy?

For his lack of size, he would need to have more burst than he has to be successful. He just doesn't have th explosiveness. A clasic case of a good college RB that just doesn't translate.

I've been critical of Henne and a few other wolverines, but not Hart. People doubted him in high school... He excelled. People then doubted him at Michigan, he excelled for four years. This guy is one of the hungriest, hardest working players i've ever seen. I didn't think it was possible, but the Colts just added even more leadership to that team. As many have said, he won't break off highlight runs of 20-30+ yarders, but he money as far as moving the chains go. I think he's going to be an excellent change of pace/3rd back.

He was drafted into the perfect situation... good OL and great skill positions. He's perfect as a backup RB to step in when needed.

At Michigan it was a similar situation... he ran behind a bulldozer of an OL, decent college QB, and good WR. He excelled not only on heart alone but the others around him were very good football players.

Hart was undervalued because of his size & combine numbers. What the combine doesn't measure is competitiveness & heart. He's a good fit as a player who will give Addai a rest and not have the O miss much. He plays for Dungy, who really appreciates players like Hart. Plus there's some upside if he plays beyond his size/numbers like he did in college.

Any Addai owner sure wants him on the roster. If he falls too far, he's well worth rostering him in a dynasty league.

Oh, and the guy never fumbles the football, which is another plus.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=280010057

Michigan may have had a much easier game had it not been for the turnovers.

Hart fumbled on the Florida 4 in the second quarter, and Henne threw an interception near the goal line on the next possession.

Michigan started to pull away in the third. The Wolverines recovered the kickoff -- a pooch kick the Gators couldn't field -- and promptly marched to the 1. Hart's second rushing touchdown made it 28-14.

Tebow got Florida right back in it, though, driving the Gators 56 yards and capping it with a 1-yard scoring run.

Florida's defense continued to struggle, allowing Henne to move the Wolverines with ease. But Hart's second fumble -- this one at the goal line -- gave the ball back to Florida.

:wacko: Ah Ha.........but looks like he had a great game :D