[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Todd McShay initial 09 mock draft

Randall

What a rediculous idea...what do you want to bet none of these players go to these teams...

I'll bet the Bears don't draft Tebow this year...

7. Chicago Bears -- Tim Tebow*, QB, Florida

It's almost certain that the Bears will need a quarterback come next offseason. :wacko: Unfortunately, next year's crop of signal-callers does not look promising at this point. Bears fans won't be thrilled if the team uses a high pick on another Gators quarterback following the failed Rex Grossman experiment, but Tebow's unique blend of skills and rare intangibles might be too good to pass up. Should Tebow elect to leave school early, however, his uncommon skill set could make him the most difficult prospect at any position to grade.

Bump... How did McShay do with these predictions? :D

I'll bet the Bears don't draft Tebow this year...

7. Chicago Bears -- Tim Tebow*, QB, Florida

It's almost certain that the Bears will need a quarterback come next offseason. :wacko: Unfortunately, next year's crop of signal-callers does not look promising at this point. Bears fans won't be thrilled if the team uses a high pick on another Gators quarterback following the failed Rex Grossman experiment, but Tebow's unique blend of skills and rare intangibles might be too good to pass up. Should Tebow elect to leave school early, however, his uncommon skill set could make him the most difficult prospect at any position to grade.

Well, he did predict correctly that both Chi and KC would address the QB position and his board isn't looking wildly different than what I've seen. AT least considering how far ahead of time he made these picks.

I thought he did VERY well. A couple names at the top started out a little rocky, but he nailed the middle of the 1st round.

yep - and he still had Stafford high. I bet it stacks up very well vs most other mocks from this timeframe.