[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The best mock drafts rated

Randall

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/FREE_CONTENT/top100mock.shtml

TOP 100 BOARD AND MOCK DRAFT SCORES

Each year, The Huddle Report (THR) scores the Top 100 boards and Mock Drafts of the most reputable and widely-published draft resources. These scores have become the most widely recognized and is the standard by which draft publications, websites and media personnel are measured.

This is not an open mock draft or top 100 contest and not everyone can enter. To ensure the integrity of the ratings, we will only score top 100 and mock drafts from established websites, publications and media outlets. If you would like to have your top 100 and/or mock draft included in THR's ratings for the 2008 draft, please e-mail me and include the URL for your website where these items are posted. If your information meets the criteria, we will respond with instructions and deadlines for submission of your information for this year's ratings.

Robby Esch, GM

The Huddle Report

resch@thehuddlereport.com

Wow... looks like I will be paying attention to Rick Gosselin next year. :wacko:

The night before the draft one of the Sirius NFL Radio shows was talking about how good he had done in the past.

Wow... looks like I will be paying attention to Rick Gosselin next year. :wacko:

He has seemed to do well in the draft projections but I seem to remember him picking Baltimore to win the Super Bowl last year before the season starts. Buyer beware.

I'm not quite sure how The Huddle Report scored these things, but by my count I had 81 of my top 100 go in the top 100. As for the mock, using my final mock (3.0) I had six picks correct, was off by one spot on two more, off by two spots on three more, and off by three spots on three more. Overall I had 25 of the 31 first-rounders.

The only mock I could find for comparison sake was the one by Drew Boylhart of The Huddle Report; I can only assume it was the one used to calculate his score of 35 according to the link provided. In that mock he had 23 of 31 first-rounders, no picks correct, off by one on four picks, off by two on five picks, and off by three on seven picks. So I'd have to think my mock compared favorably to that one.

For what it's worth, Gosselin and Nolan Nawrocki of PFW are in my estimation the most consistently accurate. Depends on which mock of theirs you use, of course. For example, the Boylhart mock was from 4/21; you would assume any mock he did closer to the draft would reflect what we all knew about Jake Long going first overall.

It's an inexact science, to be sure. The final mock I put together the morning of the draft actually had fewer of the first round picks (24) than my 3.0, but I had eight picks dead on. I was one off on one, two off on five, and three off on four.

Thankfully, that's done. Now we can get on with the far more productive exercise of mock fantasy drafts, which are less of a crapshoot than speculating what 32 teams with different needs and philosophies think of college athletes.

2V