[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sucks to be me...

detlef

Just got done tasting the whole Fisher Vineyards lineup. Mountain Chard, 2003 Cameron, 2003 Coach Insignia, 2005 Unity, 2005 Mountain. F'ing delicious across the board but reviews to follow because...

The Quintessa guy is going to be here in five minutes for a luncheon.

Hopefully that doesn't go too long because I've got a guy bringing by DuMol and and other cherries at 1:30 and a 2006 Chablis tasting at 2:30.

Some days are better than others. :wacko:

Just got done tasting the whole Fisher Vineyards lineup. Mountain Chard, 2003 Cameron, 2003 Coach Insignia, 2005 Unity, 2005 Mountain. F'ing delicious across the board but reviews to follow because...

The Quintessa guy is going to be here in five minutes for a luncheon.

Hopefully that doesn't go too long because I've got a guy bringing by DuMol and and other cherries at 1:30 and a 2006 Chablis tasting at 2:30.

Some days are better than others. :wacko:

Enjoy.

I'm still trying to wrangle up that 06 Bethel Heights.

OK, tale of the tape...

(all prices estimated retail)

2006 Fisher Mountain Chard ($50)- Dijon clone, typically delicious CA Chard when it's good. Immensely rich with ripe and nervy fruit and tasty oak. I've got to say, as "un-hip" as it may be, I love oaky chardonnay.

2003 Fisher Cameron ($50)- Primarily Cabernet with a bit of Merot and Malbec blended. Tons of nuance. Licorice and spice aromas with deep black currant fruit and firm but yielding tannins. This was the win I bought.

2005 Coach Insignia ($75)- Surprisingly bright cherry, strawberry and other red fruits for a wine such as this. Really, it was almost strange after tasting the Cameron considering this is basically Cab. Very pretty stuff but above the price point for my list.

2005 Fisher Unity ($45)- Tons of mocha and blackberry but showing a bit hot on the nose. Of course, it's young. Had the Cameron not been showing so well, I would have gone with this one.

2005 Fisher Mountain Cab ($80)- The most backward of all the wines but still with a layer of elegance. Just really pricey and not showing well enough for me. I'm sure that, given few years, this will be the pick of the litter.

2005 Faust Cabernet Sauv- ($50) My good fortune that I got to taste this the same day as the Unity. Afterall, they were made by the same winemaker using very similar fruit. By the time I got to this one, my glass of Unity had blown off it's hot nose and was very mellow. This one, was from a fresh bottle and seemed bigger despite the fact that it had less cab in the blend. None the less, it was delicious. It tasted like blackberry pie which, last I checked, is not a bad thing.

2005 Quintessa ($125)- So big yet so pretty. Classic bdx blend with as much meaty and beety components as classic fruits. A very impressive wine but I'll be damned if I'm going to lay out $100 wholesale for it.

Highlights from the Chablis tasting...

Demoor Chablis Bel Air 2005 ($25)- A great combination of sexy and bright. Old vines, nice extraction, great acid, but rich body.

Perhaps the single most delicious wine I tried today...

Klein Constantia Vin de Constance 2002, South African dessert wine- Not much to say but back the f up. Dessert wines come pre packaged with nice rich, sweet fruit, so that much you take for granted. This stuff, however, was transcendent. Oozing with layers and layers of fruit and dried spices and with a balance that only the best dessert wines possess. The best thing about it was, despite the fact that it's as good as any dessert wine I've had, it's not French, so it's not several 100 bucks. My price for 500ml is 36.66 which seems to me to be a steal.

That's all for now... three appointments left to go...