[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamont Jordan to be traded?

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../SPEH10DP2I.DTL

Jordan Could Be Traded

The Raiders released RB Dominic Rhodes and could be trying to trade RB LaMont Jordan soon.

Rhodes had already discussed that he would be released if the Raiders drafted Darren McFadden, so he is now free to find a team. Jordan isn't so lucky as he waits to be traded. Jordan is owed $4.7M this year and that will likely keep teams from trading for him and the Raiders could be forced to drop him also at some point.

| April 30, 2008 3:27 PM

** Just a matter of time. McFadden will be the Big Dog in Oaktown and Fargas will be back to his CoP role sooner rather than later.

Guest Chappy
why trade for Jordan? Can teams not find over-priced slugs on their own?

No doubt the Raiders would love to trade him away so that they can get something back. However, the above point is a valid one and backed by this exact statement from the linked article-

At this point, teams are more likely to wait for Jordan's release so they can sign him to a cheaper deal.

you never know. If Chilly can get a 6th round pick for Troy Williamson.... :wacko:

Williamson didnt make 4.7 mil (I dont think). I think a tam would rather go after Shaun Alexander than Jordan. No team would be willing to pay him that much.

Plus he has failed 2 teams now.

I disagree with half of that statement: Jordan didn't fail on the Jets. He played very well when given the opportunity and parlayed it into a nice contract w/Oakland. The man was stuck behind future HOFer Curtis Martin...not much he can do there!

I disagree with half of that statement: Jordan didn't fail on the Jets. He played very well when given the opportunity and parlayed it into a nice contract w/Oakland. The man was stuck behind future HOFer Curtis Martin...not much he can do there!

He wanted to be traded if I remember correctly. I never got over that.

In my head he failed :wacko:

He wanted to be traded if I remember correctly. I never got over that.

In my head he failed :wacko:

Bradway screwed the pooch with Jordan. Lamont should have been franchised...not Abraham. You had to know that as soon as Jordan went elsewhere that CuMar would hit a wall. And he did.

Bradway screwed the pooch with Jordan. Lamont should have been franchised...not Abraham. You had to know that as soon as Jordan went elsewhere that CuMar would hit a wall. And he did.

Hard choice. Lamont didnt prove anything (and IMO he hasnt ever) and Abraham was a beastly DE.