[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This isn't what the Cowboys or their fans wanted to hear.

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...an.1bf756a.html

Pacman Framed Accused?

According to a man charged with shooting three people outside a Las Vegas strip club, Cowboys DB Pacman Jones was the person who ordered the shooting and framed him to avoid identifying the real shooter.

This isn't the type of news the Cowboys wanted to hear, especially after going through so much just to acquire Jones this offseason. We will keep owners updated, but this doesn't help Jones' chances of being reinstated.

| May 01, 2008 7:20 PM

Hmmm... the guy charged with the shooting is trying to blame someone else. Shocking, I say, shocking! PacMan costs Dallas nothing if he is not reinstated.

:wacko: Does this clown really have enough credibility for this to be news worthy? I know the media will talk about anything, ut this guy has zero credibility. Of course he's trying to blame someone else... Blah. I'm completely beaten down by all of this Pac Man drama...

:wacko::D:D:brew:

I hope so.

Adam Jones is an incredibly gifted THUG! There are a lot like him but he found a way to "The promised land". The Cowboys will be wishing they had the pick back before the 09 draft. Such a waste of God given attributes.

Hmmm... the guy charged with the shooting is trying to blame someone else. Shocking, I say, shocking! PacMan costs Dallas nothing if he is not reinstated.

Wasnt the pick from this years draft? I thought it was from this years draft, and if he isnt reinstated they get the Titans 4th next year...

I also find it shocking that murderers and hardened criminals would have the audacity to lie.

Break the story here & tell us all how you know that Edwards is lying. After all, Jones has so much credibility himself, had absolutely no reason to contract with Edwards to throw some shots into the club, and is an upstanding pillar of the community.

Guest Chappy
Wasnt the pick from this years draft? I thought it was from this years draft, and if he isnt reinstated they get the Titans 4th next year...

I believe that's correct.

I believe that's correct.

If it is, then it could potentially be a hugh deal. What happens if the guy they would have taken turns out to be a stud? I know its just the what if part, but still, its a rookie they could have had this year. Im not sure who was available at their 4th round pick, but just because they get the pick back next year doesnt mean they didnt pay anything for him.

Make sense?

Break the story here & tell us all how you know that Edwards is lying. After all, Jones has so much credibility himself, had absolutely no reason to contract with Edwards to throw some shots into the club, and is an upstanding pillar of the community.

I didn't say that Jones was lying. I find it amusing that people think that murderers are incapable of lying. I'm the last person that would defend Pacman Jones and that's not what I'm doing here.

Edited by MikesVikes

I didn't say that Jones was lying. I find it amusing that people think that murderers are incapable of lying. I'm the last person that would defend Pacman Jones and that's not what I'm doing here.

Fair enough. I'm just amused - as much as you are by the statements of the gunman (who didn't commit murder in this case) - by the Jones' defenders who think that he has more credibility than Edwards.

In fact, of the two of them, with the timeline & course of events before & after the shooting, Edwards has the more credible story, IMO.

If it is, then it could potentially be a hugh deal. What happens if the guy they would have taken turns out to be a stud? I know its just the what if part, but still, its a rookie they could have had this year. Im not sure who was available at their 4th round pick, but just because they get the pick back next year doesnt mean they didnt pay anything for him.

Make sense?

The entire draft is taking a chance on someone. Why not take a chance on a player that has shown he can play in the NFL instead of a guy that has proven he can play in college? As far as taking a chance that he stays out of trouble, if he does'nt, they recieve Tennessee's 4th next year. They also worded his contract so that he can be cut at the end of each of the 4 seasons without being on the hook for any more $$ if he gets in trouble with the law again.

I'm not saying Dallas should have signed this a-hole, I'm just saying that this statement "This isn't the type of news the Cowboys wanted to hear, especially after going through so much just to acquire Jones this offseason" was ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...
Prosecutors are pushing for a felony arrest warrant against Cowboys CB Pacman Jones for failing to repay $20,000 in gambling debts to Caesars Palace.

The charges would be theft and fraud. Jones' Las Vegas lawyer responded, "He hasn’t been playing football, so he hasn’t been able to pay it back. I’m going to call the district attorney’s office and get this straightened out. He’s not a gambling addict. We’re going to pay it back." Maybe so, but Pacman doesn't need the negative publicity while trying to convince the commissioner that he can keep his nose clean.

Apparently the money he got from his pro wrestling stint wasn't enough to cover the 3 markers he took out in Vegas.

The Cowboys and JJ have no soul.

You're right. :wacko: And Philly should send Reid packin' because he can't keep his kids off the pipe. :D

Geez, a tiny little tadpole as bait, and them Cowboy homers come-a-bitin....gotta love it.

BTW, the defending of Pacman, at this point, smacks of desperation.

Geez, a tiny little tadpole as bait, and them Cowboy homers come-a-bitin....gotta love it.

BTW, the defending of Pacman, at this point, smacks of desperation.

If anyone was defending Pacman, I must have missed it. People here have defended JJ's decision to take a chance on him. If any of you think that noone would have taken him on had Dallas not, I think you're being a bit naive.

If anyone was defending Pacman, I must have missed it. People here have defended JJ's decision to take a chance on him. If any of you think that noone would have taken him on had Dallas not, I think you're being a bit naive.

Other teams would have taken a chance on him, but I think it's a relatively small percentage of the teams in the NFL.

People here have defended JJ's decision to take a chance on him. If any of you think that noone would have taken him on had Dallas not, I think you're being a bit naive.

which is only a tad less pathetic than Pacman himself.

and you are right, others may have taken a chance on him....Al Davis's name comes to mind. So congrats...your owner is in impressive company.