[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This isn't what the Cowboys or their fans wanted to hear.

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy
Other teams would have taken a chance on him, but I think it's a relatively small percentage of the teams in the NFL.

Maybe. However, for the price they're paying for him, if he gets re-instated and pans out as both a premier CB and RS then it'll be well worth it. If not, it was definitely worth a shot, especially when you consider that a straightened-out Pacman could potentially fill the Cowboys' most glaring need. It's really sorta a Win-Win situation. He gets re-instated and plays reasonably well and gives the Cowboys a much needed boost or he never gets re-instated and the Boys get a pick back from the Titans (or so I thought that's how the deal shook out).

Maybe. However, for the price they're paying for him, if he gets re-instated and pans out as both a premier CB and RS then it'll be well worth it. If not, it was definitely worth a shot, especially when you consider that a straightened-out Pacman could potentially fill the Cowboys' most glaring need. It's really sorta a Win-Win situation. He gets re-instated and plays reasonably well and gives the Cowboys a much needed boost or he never gets re-instated and the Boys get a pick back from the Titans (or so I thought that's how the deal shook out).

While this may be true, my statement was really a comment on the Cowboys' willingness lately to take sub-standard character players in a win-at-all-costs mentality. Even if I were not an Eagles fan, I'd be hard pressed to find a current, more unlikable, undeserving squad then the Dallas Cowboys because of the likes of Pacman, TO, and JJ. (Maybe the Bengals?)

Edited by TDFFFreak

While this may be true, my statement was really a comment on the Cowboys' willingness lately to take sub-standard character players in a win-at-all-costs mentality. Even if I were not an Eagles fan, I'd be hard pressed to find a current, more unlikable, undeserving squad then the Dallas Cowboys because of the likes of Pacman, TO, and JJ. (Maybe the Bengals?)

Gimmy a break. TO has been a money on and off the field. I thnk it was more the Philly organization then it was T.O. I think there are more questions about Mcnabb and Reid then T.O. at this point. The way I see it there are only two guys that dallas has taken a chance on and that is Pacman and Tank. Tank has been no trouble so far and Pacman is an idiot but an idiot that we may get to play some corner and return some punts to the house for peanuts.

Win at all costs is hardly the Cowboys. We have one of the cleanest teams in the league and that's with Pacman.

Gimmy a break. TO has been a money on and off the field. I thnk it was more the Philly organization then it was T.O. I think there are more questions about Mcnabb and Reid then T.O. at this point. The way I see it there are only two guys that dallas has taken a chance on and that is Pacman and Tank. Tank has been no trouble so far and Pacman is an idiot but an idiot that we may get to play some corner and return some punts to the house for peanuts.

Win at all costs is hardly the Cowboys. We have one of the cleanest teams in the league and that's with Pacman.

LOL.. You are funny.. HAHAH :D:wacko:

The Cowboys are in the middle of a roids investigation thanks to Matt Lehr.

Terell Owens nearly offed himself two years back with the pill popping.

PacMan is what he is, and helped get someone paralyzed for the rest of their life.

Ken Hamlin got into a bar fight that almost cost him his life a few years back

Tank Johnson=Jackass who got his best friend killed.

The cowboys have some guys that have had run ins with the law or put themselves into bad situations, but very few teams don't... PacMan and Tank alone make the boast of having the cleanest teams in the league false... They're a great team, but they've got a ton of baggage.

PacMan is what he is, and helped get someone paralyzed for the rest of their life.

The cowboys have some guys that have had run ins with the law or put themselves into bad situations, but very few teams don't... PacMan and Tank alone make the boast of having the cleanest teams in the league false... They're a great team, but they've got a ton of baggage.

To further the point, most teams have bad apple players, but it appears as if the Cowboys seem to be #1 in the league at picking them up after it is well known that they have issues.

Edited by TDFFFreak

To further the point, most teams have bad apple players, but it appears as if the Cowboys seems to be #1 in the league at picking them up after it is well known that they have issues.

Can't argue that point although I wanna say the Raiders are probly more known for it. That said, which ones have had issues after going to Dallas?

You wouldn't have to look to hard to generate a similiar list for almost all teams in the NFL ... and you could start with the Bengals.

Can't argue that point although I wanna say the Raiders are probly more known for it. That said, which ones have had issues after going to Dallas?

The Raiders were the other team that came to mind, so I agree.

T.O. has acted up a couple of times since in Dallas, but not to meltdown levels. Pacman's story in Dallas has not been written yet. I don't believe Dallas to be the perfect organization in any case.

Jones is making business decisions on these players. He is willing to take the PR hit to get top shelf talent at bargain basement pricing. He figures if they act up they get tossed and if they dont we underpaid . I have said on here many times that I dont want Pacman although we have a glaring need at CB. Since the decision isnt mine and he is here I will appreciate anything he can do to help us win games as long as he keeps his nose clean. If he doesnt. He gets cut. T.O pills episode is a weak example. The roid investigation has yielded nothing concrete yet. Not sure if Hamlin was a Cowboy when he had his incident.. Years ago Dallas was South Americas team. That has cleaned up . If the boss takes on these players I am going to watch them. If they stay clean its not a bad move . If they dont . They get cut and the Packer and Eagles fans get to cream over themselves at the huddle.