[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie Drafts

keggerz

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.01 1. San Diego Surfdawgs Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB ® Was there ever any doubt?

1.02 2. Northfield Disciples McFadden, Darren OAK RB ®

1.03 3. Alameda Hornets Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB ®

1.04 4. Fortuna Bovines Smith, Kevin DET RB ® Mon Apr 28 2:00:28 p.m. PT 2008 MY PICK FOR RD1 PICK 4 IS KEVEN SMITH RB ~ TILL HE GETS LOADED I WILL PICK WES Replacement pick made by Commissioner

1.05 5. Berkeley Analprobers Ryan, Matt ATL QB ®

1.06 6. Oaktown Panthers Jones, Felix DAL RB ®

1.07 7. Sioux City Musketeers Sweed, Limas PIT WR ®

1.08 8. Long Beach 9ers Forte, Matt CHI RB ®

1.09 9. Los Angeles Aztecas Johnson, Chris TEN RB ®

1.10 10. Ft. Worth Cowpokes Kelly, Malcolm WAS WR ®

1.11 11. Berkeley Analprobers Rice, Ray BAL RB ®

1.12 12. Ft. Sill Tornadoes Jackson, DeSean PHI WR ®

1.13 13. Maui Wave Riders Slaton, Steve HOU RB ®

1.14 14. Hornick Hunters Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def

1.15 15. New Orleans Crawdads Thomas, Devin WAS WR ®

1.16 16. Menomonie Beerslammers Torain, Ryan DEN RB ®

2.01 17. Menomonie Beerslammers Manningham, Mario NYG WR ®

2.02 18. San Diego Surfdawgs Folk, Nick DAL PK

2.03 19. Hornick Hunters Keller, Dustin NYJ TE ®

2.04 20. Maui Wave Riders Charles, Jamaal KCC RB ®

2.05 21. Ft. Sill Tornadoes Hardy, James BUF WR ®

2.06 22. Las Vegas Gamblers Omon, Xavier BUF RB ®

2.07 23. Northfield Disciples Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def

2.08 24. Los Angeles Aztecas Simpson, Jerome CIN WR ®

2.09 25. Long Beach 9ers Hart, Mike IND RB ®

2.10 26. Sioux City Musketeers Kaeding, Nate SDC PK

2.11 27. Oaktown Panthers Jackson, Dexter TBB WR ®

2.12 28. Alameda Hornets Brown, Josh STL PK

2.13 29. Fortuna Bovines Crosby, Mason GBP PK

2.14 30. New Orleans Crawdads Doucet, Early ARI WR ®

2.15 31. Ft. Worth Cowpokes Bironas, Rob TEN PK

2.16 32. Las Vegas Gamblers Graham, Shayne CIN PK

And in case you are wondering, PK's and TM D's were allowed to be picked in the rookie draft, hence my Nick Folk pick at 2.02

Edited by tazinib1

Lofton is the first Linebacker taken in Game Breakers. Huh. :wacko:

He looks very good. In ours Rivers went first, in others it was Mayo but the more I see them the more I like Lofton or Dizon

He looks very good. In ours Rivers went first, in others it was Mayo but the more I see them the more I like Lofton or Dizon

I'm definitely seeing a mix of those 4 at the top of the IDP spots. I used to think that Rivers was the definite #1 LB, but I'm slowly being swayed otherwise.

Saw this about Rivers from a Cincy paper

:wacko:

From the Enquirer

First-round draft pick Keith Rivers, a linebacker from Southern Cal, worked on the weak-side position - which he played in college - and impressed coaches with his fluid play and work ethic.

Coaches were impressed, too, with Rivers' natural leadership and ability to call his position players together.

"He showed things that are innate," Lewis said of Rivers. "Every time he was not in a meeting, he was upstairs watching tape on his own.

"He already gets it."

Forty-six players participated in the minicamp.

In addition to the 10 draft picks, there were eight college free agents. The rest were either rookie or veteran players participating on a tryout basis.

The Bengals signed three of the tryout players from rookie minicamp: defensive tackle Antwon Burton signed a one-year deal; he is a third-year NFL player from Temple.

Rookie linebacker Dan Howell from Washington and rookie wide receiver Clyde Logan of Idaho State each signed two-year contracts with the Bengals following minicamp.

Beyond OTA practices on the field, starting May 13, the next major event is the mandatory full-squad minicamp scheduled for June 12-14.

I'm definitely seeing a mix of those 4 at the top of the IDP spots. I used to think that Rivers was the definite #1 LB, but I'm slowly being swayed otherwise.

Lions coach Rod Marinelli indicated that Jordon Dizon could begin his career at middle linebacker.

Dizon is probably going to play a lot right away wherever he is. "We want to look at him at the Mike position," Marinelli said. "He's also got the ability to play the Sam (strong side) backer. But we really want to see him inside."

Source: MLive.com

Here's a dynasty I am in...12 team, no IDP, 3 round rookie draft. This is year 2 of the league so it is our first rookie draft. Note that this draft is not limited to only rookies; all players currently not on a roster are eligible to be taken.

http://football33.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=21946&O=17

This was very helpful to me, as our league is nearly identical--except we are in the fifth year. I hold the 1.10, so it's interesting to see who is there.

Thanks for the link. :wacko:

So far Finley has only been picked in two I've seen. He is a project.

Inside the 20 4.14 62. DaSooners Finley, Jermichael GBP TE ®

Bastages(me) 4.08 44. Huskies Finley, Jermichael GBP TE ®

I actually dreamt last night that I was in the middle of a Dyansty rookie draft, and had to try to keep finding different computers around the city to log in to try to make my picks... addicted much?

So far Finley has only been picked in two I've seen. He is a project.

Inside the 20 4.14 62. DaSooners Finley, Jermichael GBP TE ®

Bastages(me) 4.08 44. Huskies Finley, Jermichael GBP TE ®

My project TE is Cottam, Brad from KC.

Gonzo is on his way out and they drafted him in hopes to replace him down the line. He is HUGE with tons of upside and raw ability. Played BBall like A Gates if that matters.

My project TE is Cottam, Brad from KC.

Gonzo is on his way out and they drafted him in hopes to replace him down the line. He is HUGE with tons of upside and raw ability. Played BBall like A Gates if that matters.

I think a basketball rebounder matters a lot. He knows how to use his body to shield others from the ball and knows how to attack the ball.