[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Take one player from your teams past

T-Scorp

Heard this question this morning on KFAN referring to the Vikings.

This is a tough question as The current Vikings have a couple of needs. My first thought was Fran Tarkenton as we really need a QB but could he perform against today's athletes.

Randy Moss comes to mind as with him and AD T-Jax would just have to throw it up or hand it off.

TE is a need so Steve Jordan would be great to have.

Defensively you have Paul Krause at Safety or Joey Browner. Eller, Page, Marshall would be nice on our line of the Williams and Allen.

Since I can only choose one, I would go with Moss as our defense is much better tahtn the one we had in 1998 and the offense would be so much better with Randy stretching the field.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Quick or Harold Carmichael...no explanation really needed

Thats the kneee jerk reaction, and with some merit.

But give me Reggie White on the DL, please....or perhaps Bill Bergey at MLB, or Wes Hopkins at Safety to pair with Dawkins, Samuel, and Sheppard as one phenomenal secondary.

Only giving up 10 points a game would go a long way in masking any deficiency at WR.

I agree that Tarkenton may be too short to play in today's game. When he faced the Steeler's defensive line in the Super Bowl, they were batting down his passes early and often.

I would easily take Joe Senser for the TE position. He's the most incredible athlete that ever played the position for the Vikings, imo. He'd catch passes that were intended for others downfield. Injuries shortened his career unlike Steve Jordan's.

Joey Browner would be a great addition to the defensive backfield.

Too bad that with Adrian playing, nobody will ever say to bring back Chuck Foreman. Foreman and AP in the same backfield. :wacko:

Carl Eller could be the one lineman from history that would fit into what we need the most.

It's hard not to want to have Moss, Cris Carter, Anthony Carter, Ahmad Rashad, or Matt Blair back as well.

Maybe I'd take Bud Grant back first. :D

Edited by MikesVikes

Bill Walsh.

Lot's of great Niner players to choose from but you can pretty much thank him for all of them. Either he did a much better job of finding the right guys or a much better job of making the guys right. Either way, it's hard to argue with the success.

Dallas Cowboys:

Charlie Waters. Waters isn't the best Cowboy ever to play the game, but he is probably the one that could help the team most right now and in the near future, because he would force Roy Williams to ride the pine.

Dallas Cowboys:

Charlie Waters. Waters isn't the best Cowboy ever to play the game, but he is probably the one that could help the team most right now and in the near future, because he would force Roy Williams to ride the pine.

At this point that is not saying a whole lot. Nothing against Waters, but Roy is becoming a role player & is in jeopardy of being benched anyway.

Edited by rajncajn

Not a position of need for the Vikings, but John Randall was a force to be reckoned with. Would like to have him back.

But right now I would kill to have another Pro-Bowl Guard on the Vikings O-Line... so bring on Randall McDaniel. :wacko:

Tough call..Either Larry Allen because he was just so dominant or Michael Irvin to compliment TO (I know the personalities of the 2 would be a disaster but we are talking hypothetical)

For the Falcons - Bill Fralic.

Their line is a bit of a mess (understatement even with the rook Baker) & they need a big mauler with a mean streak.

EDIT: Honorable mention - Gerald Riggs - Dude was a hoss.

The addition of Turner perhaps mitigates the need for a plowhorse RB. TBD.

Edited by Big Score 1