[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Take one player from your teams past

T-Scorp

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chargers:

We are assuming players in their prime, right?

Defense: Junior Seau. Put him with Phillips and Merriman and that would be a scary LB group!

Offense: Russ Washington. A dominant RT added to the current OL would fill the only question mark on the offense.

My selections are based on the need of the team as of today. Three years ago or three years later, it could be very different.

I initially was thinking Fouts, but Rivers showed the same type of tough and leadership of the Fouts of old. RT is the biggest need and big Russ would be a sweeeeet bookend to Marcus McNeill.

Thats the kneee jerk reaction, and with some merit.

But give me Reggie White on the DL, please....or perhaps Bill Bergey at MLB, or Wes Hopkins at Safety to pair with Dawkins, Samuel, and Sheppard as one phenomenal secondary.

Only giving up 10 points a game would go a long way in masking any deficiency at WR.

when it comes down to WR...I'd take even Fred Barnett over our top guys right now...

Reggie White would be a massive addition on the field and in the locker room...I might say him, period...

or maybe even Seth Joyner....

What I wouldn't give for the Cowboys to have a real GM.

As to Landry ... I didn't follow the Cowboys much in the Landry days so it is hard for me to say ... but my gut feeling is that I'm not sure he could coach the prima-donna players of today. I'll give you this ... Landry over Phillips is probably a shoe in.

We've had a problem finding a RT since Korey Stringer passed away in 2001. The Vikings only had 3 OT from 1968-2000...Although Ron Yary is probably to small to play in todays game..

Ron Yary - 1968-1981

Tim Irwin - 1981 - 1994

Korey Stringer - 1995 - 2000

In memory of Korey Stringer, I would have to go with him...

Edited by Outshined

If I could do one on offense and one on defense, I'd take Barry and Chris Spielman.

I was going to give you crap about the Spielman pick but I see that he's the leading tackler for the team. Second on the list is Bennie Blades and he's behind by over 300 tackles.

Forget needs, can you see Joe Flacco looking across theline and seeing the toothless grin of Jack Lambert???

That would be VERY cool as well !!!! :wacko:

However, with all due respect to Mr. Lambert, I think 'Mean' Joe Green is probably the best player to ever put on a Steelers jersey. Of course, I was young during his days, so, a lot of my beliefs were probably instilled into my brain by my Dad.

Although, at 6'4, 220, Lambert would be thought to be under-sized for a MLB in today's NFL world.

It's soooo easy to wanna say Jim Brown but I think the secondary could use the help this season.

Hanford Dixon please

While I agree the secondary needs help, I'd go with Bill Belichick. Nothing against Romeo, but it would be interesting to see what BB could do with this team...and a few videotaping devices of course. :wacko:

No LT ?

With all due respect to LT, Bavaro was simply in a different world than almost any other TE I've ever seen play the game. All things considered, I would say the current Giants team could benefit more from what he brought to the table than another (albeit exceptional) pass rusher.