[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Take one player from your teams past

T-Scorp

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Walsh.

Lot's of great Niner players to choose from but you can pretty much thank him for all of them. Either he did a much better job of finding the right guys or a much better job of making the guys right. Either way, it's hard to argue with the success.

+1

Lessee...

No offense to a bunch of reallly good players, but one of Joe Montana at QB, Buck Buchanon at DL, Willie Roaf at OT or Will Shields at OT would all be hard to say no to...

Thats the kneee jerk reaction, and with some merit.

But give me Reggie White on the DL, please....or perhaps Bill Bergey at MLB, or Wes Hopkins at Safety to pair with Dawkins, Samuel, and Sheppard as one phenomenal secondary.

Only giving up 10 points a game would go a long way in masking any deficiency at WR.

very valid points but fwiw Carmichael and Quick are 2 of my favorite eagles of all time too and with all the philly needs a WR talk I figured they were as good as any....with that said Reggie :wacko: and i LOVED how Wes played the game...same goes with bergey

Based on current needs, these would be my top 3:

1. Mean Joe Greene

2. Mike Webster

3. Dermontti Dawson

Forget needs, can you see Joe Flacco looking across theline and seeing the toothless grin of Jack Lambert???

I kinda like the aspect of having Mel Blount back in the secondary. Or even Donnie Shell to pair with Polamalu. That would put the fear of God in WRs coming across the middle.

I would vote for Dawson first. The OL needs help badly. But it would be hard not to take Lambert, or Blount.

Dawson over Webster ? I loved Dawson, but, believe Webster had the better career. Blount is an intriguing thought, so is Lambert. I'd even throw Rod Woodson's name in the mix. In his prime, he was phenomenal. However, it would be very hard for me not to take 'Mean' Joe Greene. Most coaches and even players from those great defenses name Mean Joe as being the leader and the most feared player on those great 'D''s.

Broncos:

This guy

Jackson, a defensive end whose nickname was "Tombstone", was famous for moves such as the "head slap" and the "halo spinner" which he used to subdue opposing offensive linemen. In the late Lyle Alzado's book "Mile High" he recalled Rich Jackson as the toughest man he'd ever met, and told the story of Jackson breaking the helmet of Green Bay Packer offensive tackle, Bill Hayhoe, with a headslap. Jackson's career was cut short by a severe knee injury. Despite the shortened career, Sports Illustrated's football expert, Dr. Z, Paul Zimmerman, said that Tombstone Jackson was perhaps the finest overall defensive end and pass rusher he ever saw, a surefire Hall of Famer if he would have had a longer playing career, in a bigger media market.

I was going to give you crap about the Spielman pick but I see that he's the leading tackler for the team. Second on the list is Bennie Blades and he's behind by over 300 tackles.

He was the heart of the defense for years. He was undersized, slow, but he was a tackling machine. Having Jerry Ball in front of him probably helped. The guy worked his tail off every year.