[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Quest To Start On The Other Hand

Menudo

:wacko:

:brew:

Absolute steals, all of them.

Unfortunately, not being able to resist those steals that were there for them, the Steelers didn't address their offensive line issues, so, we might see a lot of this.................... :D yawn:

There is a reason the first two slid as far as they did. Bust, bust, bust, and, well, bust.

:wacko: I know it's not good form to make fun of slow people, but sometimes your ignorance is just pure entertainment.

Anyone else thought of the possibilty of Dixon being the next slash? Could have used him on that stupid 3rd down call in the playoffs against the Jags.

They said that they don't plan on using him in that role. However, I call B.S. If they have a weapon that they can possibly use to help win football games, they will break it out when necessary.

There is a reason the first two slid as far as they did. Bust, bust, bust, and, well, bust.

Probably the same reason that Tom Brady slid as far as he did.............. :wacko:

I'm not big on Sweed, but Mendenhall is going to be a stud...

Stud, stud, stud, and well, stud.

Just curious on your thoughts regarding Sweed. I don't see him as having break-away speed, and he doesn't seem to break a lot of tackles. However, his hands seem very good and he does a good job of positioning himself to make the catch in traffic. I'm hoping his size can provide some immediate value in the red zone, and that either he or Nate Washington can eventually develop enough to take over for Hines when he retires.

:wacko: I know it's not good form to make fun of slow people, but sometimes your ignorance is just pure entertainment.

Chill out, I was just jabbin' at Menudo. Just the thought of the Steelers being able to brag about their fifth Super Bowl is enough to make any Seahawks fan want to vomit, whether or not they thought the refs stole the game. For the record, I think Mendenhall will be fine and Sweed probably will be pretty solidl. We will have to see if he or Holmes can work out of the slot. It may be a few years before he does anything significant. There, is that better??

Edited by Seahawks21

They said that they don't plan on using him in that role. However, I call B.S. If they have a weapon that they can possibly use to help win football games, they will break it out when necessary.

I way agree with this. I am certain that they are showing him old films with number 10 as we speak.

Just curious on your thoughts regarding Sweed. I don't see him as having break-away speed, and he doesn't seem to break a lot of tackles. However, his hands seem very good and he does a good job of positioning himself to make the catch in traffic. I'm hoping his size can provide some immediate value in the red zone, and that either he or Nate Washington can eventually develop enough to take over for Hines when he retires.

I think the Steelers got good value for him, but I don't think he's anything incredible. I remember Sweed being recruited to Texas, and how he was supposed to be the next Roy Williams... He never lived up to the hype, which I guess really isn't his fault, but he never really impressed me. He's always dinged up for some reason or another as well. He doesn't suck, and I certainly don't agree with anything seahawks21 said, I'm just not very high on Sweed.

I think the Steelers got good value for him, but I don't think he's anything incredible. I remember Sweed being recruited to Texas, and how he was supposed to be the next Roy Williams... He never lived up to the hype, which I guess really isn't his fault, but he never really impressed me. He's always dinged up for some reason or another as well. He doesn't suck, and I certainly don't agree with anything seahawks21 said, I'm just not very high on Sweed.

No problem. Just wanted your thoughts, as I didn't get to see a ton of Sweed during his college days.

:wacko:

:brew:

Absolute steals, all of them.

Unfortunately, not being able to resist those steals that were there for them, the Steelers didn't address their offensive line issues, so, we might see a lot of this.................... :D yawn:

I got to agree I love the Steelers draft! I was hoping that Mendenhall would drop to the Seahawks. In watching his video he rarely breaks tackles but I think he's going to be a great back in the NFL. I had Sweed penciled in at #25 for the Seahawks so to get him in the 2nd round was a coup for the Steelers. And living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest as I do I've seen a LOT of Dennis Dixon and he is "special", Incredible athlete with great instincts and he'll surprise people with his throwing ability. He'll bring back memories of "Slash" for the Steeler fans but with better accuracy.

Great draft. I rank it 3rd behind the Chiefs and Redskins.