[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate these rookie LB's

how would you guys rates these Rookie LB's for a dynasty rookie draft?

Vernon Gholston NYJ

Keith Rivers CIN

Jerod Mayo NE

Xavier Adibi HOU

Shawn Crabel NE

Jordan Dizon DET

Dan Connor CAR

Cliff Avril DET

Jonathon Goff NYG

Curtis Lofton ATL

Beau Bell CLE

Bo Rudd NE

Phillip Wheeler IND

Rookie drafts are taking place in the next week or two... I think a lot of the huddlers here are not going to be very forthcoming with rankings until they conclude their drafts...

not only that but IDP Scoring can really swing how players are ranked...feel free to include your scoring system and I will have no problem sending you a PM with how I would rank them...imo, another thing that is huge is the roster composition of your team

not only that but IDP Scoring can really swing how players are ranked...feel free to include your scoring system and I will have no problem sending you a PM with how I would rank them...imo, another thing that is huge is the roster composition of your team

thanks the scoring is as follows

2 points for every Total Tackle

1 point for every Assisted Tackle

2 extra points when total Solo Tackles is greater than or equal to 15

4 points for every Interception

3 points for every Sack

3 points for every Fumble Forced

3 points for every Fumble Recovered

5 points for every Safety

6 points for every Defensive TD

4 extra points for every Defensive TD of 80 or more yards

2 extra points for every Defensive TD between 40 and 79 yards (inclusive)

3 points for every XP Blocked

3 points for every FG Blocked

3 points for every Punt Blocked

1 point for every 2 Passes Defended

we start a min of 2 LB's or a max of 3 LB's

I have the #8 pick in the rookie draft

current LB's on my team are David Harris , DJ Williams , Daryl Smith , Stephen Cooper

I really appreciate the input.

Thanks

Edited by jetsman2806

If you are on MFL, make a note that Gholston is currently listed at DE.

That bumps him up in the DE class but could drop him way down in the LB class if he is switched to a LB listing

I'll give you my tiers for now (not in order)

To be updated AFTER my drafts :wacko:

Vernon Gholston NYJ

Keith Rivers CIN

Curtis Lofton ATL

Dan Connor CAR

Jerod Mayo NE

Jordan Dizon DET

T. Gooden

Beau Bell CLE

Xavier Adibi HOU

Jonathon Goff NYG

Phillip Wheeler IND

Bo Rudd NE

Shawn Crabel NE

Cliff Avril DET

I'd add to the last tier

G. Hayes

E. Henderson (UDFA-MIN)

B. Kehl

V. Hall (UDFA-STL)

W. Woodyard (UDFA-DEN)

S. Larson

If you are on MFL, make a note that Gholston is currently listed at DE.

That bumps him up in the DE class but could drop him way down in the LB class if he is switched to a LB listing

I noticed that. Although I am sure he will be adjusted as the Jets plan on using him as a OLB.

thanks for the tiering, kinda confirms how I was leaning

Rookie drafts are taking place in the next week or two... I think a lot of the huddlers here are not going to be very forthcoming with rankings until they conclude their drafts...

Yeah... that's kind of the weird thing about the Huddle. You'd think that the staff would be all over this (updating Dynasty rankings for the rookie drafts this time of year - including IDP). But I've been scouring the innernets for the last week, and have only found one single decent source of rankings so far. And frankly I don't know if it is any good or not, but at least its out there.

The boards here are generally a great source of information, but right now its every man for himself.

Yeah... that's kind of the weird thing about the Huddle. You'd think that the staff would be all over this (updating Dynasty rankings for the rookie drafts this time of year - including IDP). But I've been scouring the innernets for the last week, and have only found one single decent source of rankings so far. And frankly I don't know if it is any good or not, but at least its out there.

The boards here are generally a great source of information, but right now its every man for himself.

It would be nice if the IDP writers here put something out there before their drafts :wacko:

It would be nice if the IDP writers here put something out there before their drafts :wacko:

:D

There may or may not be an article on some IDP sleepers. That's the best I can do right now, sorry. :D

E2A: And it's not really a "don't wanna tip my hand" thing either... I simply don't have the time to do something real comprehensive right now.

Edited by darin3

E2A: And it's not really a "don't wanna tip my hand" thing either... I simply don't have the time to do something real comprehensive right now.

+1 and on top of that for me there are so many factors that rankings from 1-50(or whatever) account for thus rankings dont serve teams well....to me team composition plays a really important part of who to take and when....rankings do have their place but they aren't really my game...not sure how people will feel about that :D

edit: I have been working on a very complex projection tool for the past oh 8-9 months or so and hopefully I can get it worked out before the start of the season but at this point I wouldnt hold my breath :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

I like Lofton

Dizon

Mayo

Rivers

Connor

In our recent draft

1.10 10. The Pron Stars Rivers, Keith CIN LB ® Fri May 2 3:27:39 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

2.04 16. M & M Connor, Dan CAR LB ® Fri May 2 5:30:03 p.m. ET 2008

2.06 18. Bill Bondsmen Dizon, Jordon DET LB ® Fri May 2 5:30:03 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

2.08 20. Huskies Lofton, Curtis ATL LB ® Fri May 2 5:30:03 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

2.09 21. Playa Hatas Mayo, Jerod NEP LB ® Fri May 2 5:38:07 p.m. ET 2008

3.02 26. Hoof Hearted Gooden, Tavares BAL LB ® Fri May 2 10:05:07 p.m. ET 2008

4.11 47. Hand of Bone Bell, Beau CLE LB ® Sun May 4 12:50:39 a.m. ET 2008

5.01 49. WWWarriors Henderson, Erin MIN LB ® Sun May 4 9:37:52 a.m. ET 2008

5.03 51. Huskies Adibi, Xavier HOU LB ® Sun May 4 10:14:05 a.m. ET 2008 What's he doin' here?

5.09 57. Playa Hatas Wheeler, Philip IND LB ® Sun May 4 11:58:10 a.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

6.06 66. Bill Bondsmen Hayes, Geno TBB LB ® Sun May 4 3:57:29 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

7.01 73. WWWarriors Larsen, Spencer DEN LB ® Sun May 4 10:21:37 p.m. ET 2008

7.09 81. Playa Hatas Goff, Jonathan NYG LB ® Sun May 4 10:39:05 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

Inside the 20 so far. Nice double dip by Keg

1.15 15. North of 50 Rivers, Keith CIN LB ® Sat May 3 1:15:43 a.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

1.16 16. Keggerz Lofton, Curtis ATL LB ® Sat May 3 11:30:44 a.m. ET 2008

2.01 17. Keggerz Dizon, Jordon DET LB ® Sat May 3 11:31:22 a.m. ET 2008

2.02 18. Busted Flush Mayo, Jerod NEP LB ® Sat May 3 11:31:22 a.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

2.13 29. Death Valley Rangers Connor, Dan CAR LB ® Sun May 4 3:50:39 p.m. ET 2008

Inside the 20 so far. Nice double dip by Keg

1.15 15. North of 50 Rivers, Keith CIN LB ® Sat May 3 1:15:43 a.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

1.16 16. Keggerz Lofton, Curtis ATL LB ® Sat May 3 11:30:44 a.m. ET 2008

2.01 17. Keggerz Dizon, Jordon DET LB ® Sat May 3 11:31:22 a.m. ET 2008

2.02 18. Busted Flush Mayo, Jerod NEP LB ® Sat May 3 11:31:22 a.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

2.13 29. Death Valley Rangers Connor, Dan CAR LB ® Sun May 4 3:50:39 p.m. ET 2008

LB scoring in Inside the 20 is really underemphasized and I wanted to wait til my mid later round 2 pick to nab lofton....but when rivers went as early as he did I had a feeling I could miss out on him so I traded up to 1.16 to take him....in this league there is a salary cap and D players have a smaller salary then an O player so taking the LBs over some O was due to me being cap conscioius(sp?)...I am already pretty happy with my O in that league but I wanted to cut some salary on the D side of the ball and Lofton and Dizon combined will cost me $3 when I have a Bart Scott at $3 by himself.....some may question where I took them but I think they were still within a stones throw of where they would have gone had I passed on them and when I look at the composition of my team I thought they were both no brainer picks....I should add that to get Lofton I gave up next yrs 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder...however, i picked up an extra 3rd to move down from 1.8 to 1.9 (and still got the guy I would have taken at 1.8)

FWIW:(2008 rooks in BOLD)

Schaub, Garcia

SJax, Julius Jones, Andre Hall, DARREN MCFADDEN

Braylon Edwards, Calvin Johnson, Mark Clayton(Balt), Mark Bradley, Roydell Williams, Josh Reed, JAMES HARDY

LJ Smith, KBoss, DUSTIN KELLER

Akers, Reed Punter: Bidwell

Okoye, KWilliams

Mark Anderson, Dumervill

DRyans, BScott, Keiaho, Greenway, Leroy Hill, QBlack, LOFTON, DIZON

EGreen, McCauley, ALIQ TALIB

Jason Allen, BDawkins, KENNY PHILLIPS

Edited by keggerz

early rankings may be nice but outside of the top few that are at the top of the class there really isnt enough information on how they are going to fit in with their team or are progressing to really make a solid set of rankings...the less info you have from OTAs etc the more likely the rankings are based off of A) their scouting report and B ) their opportunity(destination)....Rivers makes a perfect example....he could land in any of the 3 starting LB spots and right now the answer isnt known yet...could we speculate? sure we could but I am not sure how much that is gonna help anyone out....what I would like to see and I know darin would too is for people to start up discussions on players you may have some interest in or questions about....that would be worth far more then any one persons rankings would ever be.

Edited by keggerz

Lofton went at 1.04 here. 2 pts per tackle, 1 assist 5 points per sack, 6 points per interception.

Scoring is weird there......

DLs get 3pts/tackle, 8/int, 5/sack

DBs get 2pts/tackle, 6/int, 7/sack

2007 stats don't pop there, but in 2006 the top 15 overall scorers had....

6 RBs

4 LBs

1 QB

3 DLS

1 WR

Seven of the top 15 are D players, not something you'll find in most IDP leagues.

-DD21

LB scoring in Inside the 20 is really underemphasized and I wanted to wait til my mid later round 2 pick to nab lofton....but when rivers went as early as he did I had a feeling I could miss out on him so I traded up to 1.16 to take him....in this league there is a salary cap and D players have a smaller salary then an O player so taking the LBs over some O was due to me being cap conscioius(sp?)...I am already pretty happy with my O in that league but I wanted to cut some salary on the D side of the ball and Lofton and Dizon combined will cost me $3 when I have a Bart Scott at $3 by himself.....some may question where I took them but I think they were still within a stones throw of where they would have gone had I passed on them and when I look at the composition of my team I thought they were both no brainer picks....I should add that to get Lofton I gave up next yrs 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder...however, i picked up an extra 3rd to move down from 1.8 to 1.9 (and still got the guy I would have taken at 1.8)

FWIW:(2008 rooks in BOLD)

Schaub, Garcia

SJax, Julius Jones, Andre Hall, DARREN MCFADDEN

Braylon Edwards, Calvin Johnson, Mark Clayton(Balt), Mark Bradley, Roydell Williams, Josh Reed, JAMES HARDY

LJ Smith, KBoss, DUSTIN KELLER

Akers, Reed Punter: Bidwell

Okoye, KWilliams

Mark Anderson, Dumervill

DRyans, BScott, Keiaho, Greenway, Leroy Hill, QBlack, LOFTON, DIZON

EGreen, McCauley, ALIQ TALIB

Jason Allen, BDawkins, KENNY PHILLIPS

Inside the 20 really emphasizes the big play more than Huddle leagues ...