[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st he stops at the 1...now...

keggerz

he doesn't want a new contract :wacko:

http://www.nj.com/eagles/times/index.ssf?/...&thispage=2

Super questions remain for Eagles

Page 2 of 2

Thank goodness for Brian Westbrook.

The Pro Bowl running back is all business, all of the time and has no desire to use ill-fated attempts at humor as a means to get his message across.

"We added some guys that can play," Westbrook said. "At this point I guess you have to go to war with the guys that you have ... unless they add someone else. Me being satisfied doesn't mean too much. I want to add the best players to our team and I think we have some very good players already that can get the job done."

But ...

"If we can get a big-time receiver, a big-time runner, or whatever we can get, that's what I want as a player," Westbrook continued. "Coach (Andy Reid) made a point that he was going to get some playmakers on this team. I think he tried to. A lot of those (potential) trades and acquisitions didn't really go his way."

Westbrook went on to address his contract situation -- a five-year, $24.9 million extension signed in 2005 -- and whether he feels he has out-performed that deal.

"I'm paid," said Westbrook, who led the NFL with 2,104 yards from scrimmage last season. "I signed a contract that was fair at that (time), so there's no sense in me crying about it now."

Westbrook continued to deliver the goods on the topic of player compensation and his personal dealings with the Eagles' front office.

"All players want more money," Westbrook said. "I think the team's job is to not pay all the money that the player wants. I think that's where the conflict comes into play. I think this organization is a very good organization and they try to do things the right way. That doesn't necessarily mean that it al ways ends up the right way all the time, either."

As for Sheppard, the two-time Pro Bowler politely told reporters he would not comment again on his awkward and precarious situation until tomorrow.

"I'm not talking, so I don't know why you are all hanging around," a good-natured Sheppard told the horde of reporters gathered around his locker. "I'll answer a couple of questions on Monday."

Samuel, the free agent All Pro named the starter at left corner by Reid shortly after becoming the highest paid defensive player in franchise history Feb. 29, said hav ing to alternate plays with Sheppard yesterday was none of his concern.

"That's got nothing to do with me," Samuel said. "I just do what my coach tells me to do. It doesn't matter what I am used to. Whatever my coach tells me to do, I'm going to do it."

Right side corner Sheldon Brown said yesterday he has no idea where the story about him being furious over the Eagles' handling of Sheppard's situation originated, but maintains it is not true.

"I don't really know how Lito's situation is being handled," Brown said. "Obviously, Lito and me are close, but he doesn't really share that. As far as I know everything is OK. He's straight. He hasn't come to me and said they're doing it wrong. So, I just worry about my business. If we can play together and stay together, I'm cool with it. Hopefully we can stay together and win the (Super Bowl) and then all of us will get what we deserve."

Edited by keggerz

Good for him. Think of the team first.

Bill Walsh said 2 of the reasons he retired are

1-every player wants to make more money tha every other player. When a new contract is signed they want to redo the one they already signed.

and #2- How do you tell someone like Joe Montana they can't play anymore? That must really be tough.

He's classy.....and smart.

The Eagles have been known to re-do a contract for their good soldiers. By not stirring the pot, and playing the role of the "team guy", I would bet Westbrook might be used by the Eagles as an example of what to say (and what not to say) if you want a raise.

...and I am sure he knows this.

I have a friend that missed the superbowl over the stop at the 1 play. The guy is still literally sick over it :wacko: Westbrook is a great football player and locker room guy.