[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT talking about hanging 'em up while he's at the Top of his game.

Guest Chappy

Saw the interview. BOTTOM LINE FOLKS.

The NFL isn't the same as it was when Emmit, and IMO the greatest "never", Barry were playing the game. Defenses are faster and a lot more fierce. You have defensive lineman that are quick, strong AND 300 lbs. The hits are harder IMO. And this is the reason that injuries to running backs happen a lot more often.

Barry left the game when he realized he no chance of winning a Super Bowl. It just happened to be when he was at the top of his game. With free agency the way it is these days, LT may be on a 7-9 team in 2 years, only getting worse, just like the Bunguls. I give it to LT. He brings it no matter what, just like Barry. And just like Barry, He is not gonna be someones horse if there is no finish line.

:D

Well stated!

:wacko::D:D:brew:

good for him....

he has the money and if he wants to walk without a limp at the age of 50

IF the Chargers win it all this year, I could see one more season to get two rings. If he doesn't get it in the next three, I couldn't blame hime for hangin' them up while he is still OK.

Heck, I only played through college and my spine, hands, hips, shoulders and knees all take turns screwing with me at almost 48. :wacko:

I can't imagine what these guys go trough after ten or so more years in the NFL! :D:D

Edited by McBoog

Defenses are faster and a lot more fierce. You have defensive lineman that are quick, strong AND 300 lbs. The hits are harder IMO.

I disagree to a point. D players today are as a group terrible tacklers. They all want to make the highlight reel hit instead of burying their faskmask either on the ball while driving through the body with a shoulder, or putting the faskmask between the numbers.

Faster? Yes, no question.

Bigger? Debatable. Ds have gotten light in comparison to their O counterparts once you get beyond the DTs.

Stronger? Yep.

Better? Highly debatable and in one man's opinion, no.

Of all the RB's in the league right now. He is the one that could do it. Also the miles he have on him as well. Look at his carries and yards. They are amazing he is still doing it at this level. Its just a matter of this yr or next when you see it cut in half.

I do agree that LT hanging it up before he say hits Sean Alexander status would not surprise me. That being said i think he has two more good years left.