[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good Mike Leach article

polksalet

Sounds like an interesting fellow. Haven't seen his teams play much, however I hear all the time how entertaining they are to watch. Hopefully the nation will get more chances to watch some meaningful Texas Tech games.

Just got to wonder if the Coach likes his players saying things like this? Seems like they are putting a little pressure on themselves?

"I think this is the year we break through," Crabtree said. "It's the year I plan on doing it. We've got everybody back on offense, and the defense is going to be better. The goal is to go undefeated."

Sounds like an interesting fellow. Haven't seen his teams play much, however I hear all the time how entertaining they are to watch. Hopefully the nation will get more chances to watch some meaningful Texas Tech games.

Just got to wonder if the Coach likes his players saying things like this? Seems like they are putting a little pressure on themselves?

"I think this is the year we break through," Crabtree said. "It's the year I plan on doing it. We've got everybody back on offense, and the defense is going to be better. The goal is to go undefeated."

They are definitely interesting. When their trigger man is on they are unstoppable. Harrell will be a good nfl qb.

When does TX Tech play meaningful games? :wacko:

Harrell will be a good nfl qb.

Afraid not. Harrell is the qb from this area in a big time program that won't be a pro qb... Daniel and Stafford have a much better chance...

Tech is similar to Hawaii in the sense that it's a system, not the player. Harrell is a great college player, but I will bet almost anything that he doesn't stick in the NFL.

Afraid not. Harrell is the qb from this area in a big time program that won't be a pro qb... Daniel and Stafford have a much better chance...

Tech is similar to Hawaii in the sense that it's a system, not the player. Harrell is a great college player, but I will bet almost anything that he doesn't stick in the NFL.

BYU had system QBs as well. Of course, one of the guys who came out of that system was Steve Young.

What separates Harrel from Brennan and Timmy Chang is arm strength which he seems to have plenty of

BYU had system QBs as well. Of course, one of the guys who came out of that system was Steve Young.

Harrell is no Steve Young

What separates Harrel from Brennan and Timmy Chang is arm strength which he seems to have plenty of

If you would like to make a bet, I'd be more willing to take part in it. Harrell is not an NFL Talent.

Harrell is no Steve Young

I'm not saying he is; I'm just saying you can't make a blanket dismissal of QBs simply because of "system."

Heck, there are plenty of QBs who play in a "pro-style" offensive system who wash out of the NFL. :wacko:

I'm not saying he is; I'm just saying you can't make a blanket dismissal of QBs simply because of "system."

Heck, there are plenty of QBs who play in a "pro-style" offensive system who wash out of the NFL. :wacko:

It's not like I don't like the guy. He's a local product so I want him to do well, the blanket dismissal is on top of what I already know about Harrell.

It's not like I don't like the guy. He's a local product so I want him to do well, the blanket dismissal is on top of what I already know about Harrell.

What is his weakness that will keep him from the league?? He seems to have the armstrength and as far as I am concerned any qb from that system is smart and can read any kind of d.

What is his weakness that will keep him from the league?? He seems to have the armstrength and as far as I am concerned any qb from that system is smart and can read any kind of d.

The most common criticism of Leach's spread offense is similar to that of the run-and-shoot - it DOESN'T teach QBs to read defenses properly, so they're a bit behind the curve developmentally.

The most common criticism of Leach's spread offense is similar to that of the run-and-shoot - it DOESN'T teach QBs to read defenses properly, so they're a bit behind the curve developmentally.

Yeah but that is a load. It is aa lot different than the run n shoot. I would not take someone seriously once they said that.