[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Little story on the Manning family

BeeR

Yeah I know some people rant about Eli's dissing SD and Archie supposedly being at least partly behind it, and I agree it was BS, but overall even if I wasn't a Colt fan, I'm glad for the whole lot of em - esp remembering poor Archie as a very good QB playing for an almost always pathetic Aints team year after year:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Can't argue w/that kind of logic.

:wacko:

The man gets drafted by an NFL team, cries about the team that drafted him - enough to get traded, then goes on and doesnt become the superstar he thought he would be just because his brother IS a star. He cried his way out of SD, so yeah, he is a baby. That goes for any of these bitches that dont understand how lucky they are to play in the NFL. Play their favorite sport for several years, then live off their paychecks the rest of their lives. Id love to see the ones that whine in a 9-5 type job NOT playing football and having fun. THATS my logic.

The man gets drafted by an NFL team, cries about the team that drafted him - enough to get traded, then goes on and doesnt become the superstar he thought he would be just because his brother IS a star. He cried his way out of SD, so yeah, he is a baby. That goes for any of these bitches that dont understand how lucky they are to play in the NFL. Play their favorite sport for several years, then live off their paychecks the rest of their lives. Id love to see the ones that whine in a 9-5 type job NOT playing football and having fun. THATS my logic.

I'm not a fan of his at all but was it him or Archie that wanted him out of San Diego? And how is what they did different than Elway refusing to play for Baltimore?

Manning gets a lot more negative criticism than Elway over this issue.

It could well be that Archie wanted him to play for a better franchise than he did. Not today's Saints but the team he played for.

Edited by Randall

I'm not a fan of his at all but was it him or Archie that wanted him out of San Diego? And how is what they did different than Elway refusing to play for Baltimore?

Manning gets a lot more negative criticism than Elway over this issue.

It could well be that Archie wanted him to play for a better franchise than he did. Not today's Saints but the team he played for.

That ws why I said it goes for any of the bitches who have cried, Elway included. I think Bo Jackson did something similar with the Bucs.

And it doesnt matter what Archie wanted. It was Eli's decision. Hes a grown man. If he let his father, or ANYONE, influence his life decisions that much, well, it just further backs my point that he is a sissy.

That ws why I said it goes for any of the bitches who have cried, Elway included. I think Bo Jackson did something similar with the Bucs.

And it doesnt matter what Archie wanted. It was Eli's decision. Hes a grown man. If he let his father, or ANYONE, influence his life decisions that much, well, it just further backs my point that he is a sissy.

I am not a hugh Eli supporter but it can be argued that the push to get Eli out of SD was a very wise financial move. How do Eli's endorsement dollars compare to those of Rivers?

These are kids and families influence their decisions all the time. 22 is a grown man? Maybe legally, but I don't think these kids coming out of college are grown men emotionally.

What if you had to take a job for a company you didn't like and refused so you could go somewhere you liked? He wasn't under contract. He never agreed to take that job.

I see what you are saying but calling them whining bitches is :wacko: but think it goes a little too far.

When they go to college they can choose but when they come to the NFL they can't?

I don't like Eli and didn't like what they did but do like having some control over where you work.

These are kids and families influence their decisions all the time. 22 is a grown man? Maybe legally, but I don't think these kids coming out of college are grown men emotionally.

What if you had to take a job for a company you didn't like and refused so you could go somewhere you liked? He wasn't under contract. He never agreed to take that job.

I see what you are saying but calling them whining bitches is :wacko: but think it goes a little too far.

When they go to college they can choose but when they come to the NFL they can't?

I don't like Eli and didn't like what they did but do like having some control over where you work.

hey DO have control. They work for the NFL, and whatever team they goto, is the team they should play for. Sign a contract. You dont wanna play long, then sign a short contract. Again, they just dont understand it is a privelage to play in the league.

And yes, 22 is a grown man. Grown enough to know right from wrong, grown enough for them to be able to make their own decisions. Yeah they still have a lot to learn at 22, but they should know enough to understand the privelage they have been given.

They work hard for what they get, so maybe they should get a say in where they go. But that isnt the way the league works. You get drafted, you play for the team that drafts you.

hey DO have control. They work for the NFL, and whatever team they goto, is the team they should play for. Sign a contract. You dont wanna play long, then sign a short contract. Again, they just dont understand it is a privelage to play in the league.

And yes, 22 is a grown man. Grown enough to know right from wrong, grown enough for them to be able to make their own decisions. Yeah they still have a lot to learn at 22, but they should know enough to understand the privelage they have been given.

They work hard for what they get, so maybe they should get a say in where they go. But that isnt the way the league works. You get drafted, you play for the team that drafts you.

I don't advocate doing this. The original question was was it Eli or his father/family that did it.

As for 22 year olds they are grown physically but there is a lot more to being a man than your body.

San Diego will NEVER, EVER have a morsel of respect for Eli and his punk Dad. I don't care how you want to sugar coat it. I wanted to throw up when I saw that pansy hoist the Lombardi trophy.

Of course you realize that every time you puke, I hoist another beer. :wacko:

To be honest, I wasn't a fan of the trade at the draft and I was ready to ship Eli off to another team halfway through last season. He showed me a lot during the second half of the season, not the least of which how important having the right people in the right places along with the right chemistry means to a team in the NFL. He really pulled it together when it needed to be. I'm not afraid to admit I was wrong on this one. I doubt that he'll ever be a suprestar in this league, but he's certainly the best QB out of his class (right now).

Edited by Kid Cid

Jim Kelly refused to play for the team that drafted him. It happens and it usually works out in the end for all the involved teams.

Is he a whining bizitch?

Jim Kelly refused to play for the team that drafted him. It happens and it usually works out in the end for all the involved teams.

Is he a whining bizitch?

The Bils drafted him, and he played for them. Yeah he played in the USFL for a couple years, but he ended up playing in Buffalo. Bad example. If Eli decided to sit around for a few years and THEN play for SD WITHOUT MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT, then it wouldnt be an issue. The reasn I make the point on Eli is because of the "Im not gonna play for them at all" attitude.

The Bils drafted him, and he played for them. Yeah he played in the USFL for a couple years, but he ended up playing in Buffalo. Bad example. If Eli decided to sit around for a few years and THEN play for SD WITHOUT MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT, then it wouldnt be an issue. The reasn I make the point on Eli is because of the "Im not gonna play for them at all" attitude.

He ended up in Buffalo because the USFL folded. He said he'd never play for a crappy team in Buffalo coming off 2 consecutive 2-14 seasons.

He is my all time favorite Bill bar none but he PROBABLY would have played in the NFL if the Steelers or some other team in the NFL the was doing decent had drafted him.