[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need a recipie using pulled pork for an h'orderve

We are having an extremely small baby shower for some close friends. It will be us, them, her parents, and another couple. My wife has the menu all planned out but is trying to figure out the one last thing missing. Of course from my point of view it's pulled pork cooked on the Big Green Egg! All she can think of is the messy(though she readily admits - delicious) bucket of pork from tailgates (which this couple is a part of) and I am trying to convince her we can make something to compliment everything else and do it ahead of time so we aren't all standing around waiting for the pork butt to be done during the brunch creating a big mess. So, my huddle friends I emplore you to help me come up with a recipe using pulled pork that will compliment the following menu:

- ham and cheese tarts

- chicken salad tarts

- caprese salad bites

- Fruit Bouquet

- Veggies in shot glasses

- Artichoke dip

- Various deserts provided by someone else.

Any ideas?

We are having an extremely small baby shower for some close friends. It will be us, them, her parents, and another couple. My wife has the menu all planned out but is trying to figure out the one last thing missing. Of course from my point of view it's pulled pork cooked on the Big Green Egg! All she can think of is the messy(though she readily admits - delicious) bucket of pork from tailgates (which this couple is a part of) and I am trying to convince her we can make something to compliment everything else and do it ahead of time so we aren't all standing around waiting for the pork butt to be done during the brunch creating a big mess. So, my huddle friends I emplore you to help me come up with a recipe using pulled pork that will compliment the following menu:

- ham and cheese tarts

- chicken salad tarts

- caprese salad bites

- Fruit Bouquet

- Veggies in shot glasses

- Artichoke dip

- Various deserts provided by someone else.

Any ideas?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/re..._155160,00.html

wife retired early tonight............

For dry rub

3 tbs coarsely ground black pepper

3 tbs (packed) dark brown sugar

3 tbs paprika

2 tbs coarse salt

1 tsp cayenne pepper

2 untrimmed boneless pork shoulder halves (also known as Boston butt; about 6 pounds total)

For mop

1 c apple cider vinegar

1 can of cherrycoke

2 tbs Worcestershire sauce

1 tbs coarsely ground black pepper

1 tbs coarse salt

2 tsp vegetable oil

8 pounds (about) 100% natural lump charcoal or charcoal briquettes

6 c (about) hickory wood smoke chips (or whatever you like), soaked in cold water at least 30 minutes

enough chopped cilantro to be used for garnish (or whole leaves if you prefer)

Make dry rub:

mix first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. place pork, fat side up, on work surface. Cut each piece lengthwise in half. place on large baking sheet. sprinkle dry rub all over pork; press into pork. Cover with plastic; refrigerate at least 2 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.)

Make mop:

mix first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate.

using lump charcoal and 1/2 cup drained wood chips for smoker or 1 cup for barbecue, start fire and bring temperature of smoker or barbecue to 225°F. to 250°F. place pork on rack in smoker or barbecue. Cover; cook until meat thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 165°F., turning pork and brushing with cold mop every 30 minutes, about 6 hours total. Add more charcoal as needed to maintain 225°F. to 250°F. temperature and more drained wood chips (1/2 cup for smoker or 1 cup for barbecue with each addition) to maintain smoke level.

transfer pork to clean rimmed baking sheet. let stand until cool enough to handle. shred into bite-size pieces. . pour any juices from sheet over pork. (Can be made 1 day ahead. transfer pork and any juices to baking dish. Cover with foil; chill. before continuing, rewarm pork, covered, in 350°°F. oven about 30 minutes.)

i would either throw this onto small, homade corn tortilla rounds, or a mini variation of cornbread cakes. top with a touch of chipolte sour cream and finely chopped cilantro.

i would either throw this onto small, homade corn tortilla rounds, or a mini variation of cornbread cakes. top with a touch of chipolte sour cream and finely chopped cilantro.

Thanks Bier. I have the smoking part down. How to serve the pork as described above is what I'm looking for! The function is a couple of weeks away so there was no urgency.

Make some biscuits and serve it on them.

Oh, and call Atomic, after the baby shower, you guys can drink some wine and scan some photos.

+1 Throw the shredded pork with some of your sauce in a crockpot and let people build their own!

How about BBQ nachos? Corn chips with some fresh shredded lettuce and diced tomato, some pulled pork and BBQ sauce on the side?

I just threw on a pork picnic this morning, I may have to try this myself before the day is done!

Edited by Kid Cid