[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is going to happen with Michael Bush?

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/

Notes From Raiders Camp

NFL Writer Jerry McDonald reported "RB Michael Bush ran with a smooth athleticism that belied his size at some 250 pounds, and looked natural catching a pass over the middle and pulling away from a linebacker. He glided through holes, and it will be fascinating in July to see what happens the first time a defender really attempts to lay him out." He also noted "The linebacker who seemed to be getting to the ball first most often, although unable finish plays, was Malik Jackson of Louisville, who was drawing praise from Ryan and linebackers coach Don Martindale."

Bush will have trouble finding consistent snaps with RBs Justin Fargas, Darren McFadden, and Lamont Jordan (if he doesn't get cut). All reports indicate he is 100% healthy.

| May 09, 2008 8:21 PM

Update:

Raiders | Bush eager to make impact

Mon, 12 May 2008 08:18:48 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders RB Michael Bush is eager to contribute after missing all of the 2007 season with a leg injury. "I just want to get on the field and just play," Bush said. "Special teams, I'm all down for anything, just being on the field and getting the atmosphere. I'm just ready." Head coach Lane Kiffin said Bush will have an opportunity to compete for the starting running back position. "We'll open the competition up," Kiffin said, "and who knows? Michael Bush may be the best of the three."

"We'll open the competition up," Kiffin said, "and who knows? Michael Bush may be the best of the three."

This doesn't mean anything.

Kiffin is trying to spark a fire under all three of them.

McFadden will start a split most carries with Fargas or Bush.

It won't be a three back rotation. DMC will be on the field 50%+ of the time, with 10% of that being WR/QB work.

If Raiders field any decent offers on Bush, they won't hesitate to trade him.

They've got an enviable RB Corps... if Bush can prove himself capable, I'm sure the offers will come (but probably not until next year). And with the needs that Oakland still has at other positions, they would be wise to jump on a decent offer. But wisdom is not their strong suit. :wacko:

This could be a Deuce/Bush scenario with a healthy Deuce (Bush). It sounds like Kiffin wants to find the best way to use these players and he is pretty creative.

This will help Russell. :wacko:

This could be a Deuce/Bush scenario with a healthy Deuce (Bush). It sounds like Kiffin wants to find the best way to use these players and he is pretty creative.

This will help Russell. :wacko:

More like the Lendale White / Reggie Bush scenario which I believe Kiffin coached for a while. If that is the case, then Michael Bush will get a ton of TD's, and McFadden will rack up the reception points.

More like the Lendale White / Reggie Bush scenario which I believe Kiffin coached for a while. If that is the case, then Michael Bush will get a ton of TD's, and McFadden will rack up the reception points.

That makes sense. He became the OC in 2005.