[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what is bier up to these days?

Bier Meister

most of you know that i moved down to denver about a year and a half ago to help a friend open a restaurant... he needed an extra year to get it up and running. kind of left me in limbo so i had to find another job. went knocking on doors at my favorite restaurants.... got favorable responses, but they all wanted to hire at entry level... in so many words i told them to gft. because i knew that my stay in denver was going to be short term i found a pt job at a county club working banquets, but got weekends off so i could spend time with my family. after discussions and decisions... i am going to move back up to the mountains and wife and daughter will come up in aug/sept...so yesterday i started my jobs search in vail.... in half of a day of talking to misc places, i had 4 offers with pay higher than my last gig in breck (before my move down)...... so i am 90% sure i will be working at:

la tour. all of their management positions are allready hired, but i will be considered a "lead" with a lot of advancement opps... i really can't tell you how psyched i am about it.. this was the guy who taught my sauce class!!!! really toss up of best restaurant in vail between la tour and larkspur (my first internship)....

so now i have to find a place to live :wacko:

Edited by Bier Meister

Congrats.

We have family outside of Vail, so 5mt pass for us... especially since father-in-law is a ski instructor at Vail. What restaurant did your friend wind up opening?

to be honest, i'd rather not say.. don't want to give positive or negative PR to his place.

we were in breck from 01-nov of 06, before the move down to denver.... my 1st 5 years i worked in vail, so actually know more people here ( i am spending the night at the place i worked for 4 years)... they were kind and gave me the night for $40 :wacko:

cascade

So, I take it you passed on buying that place?

yeah... the sellers were not very forthright with info and sheltered me from the staff. plus i wasn't crazy about the location .... will wait on a better opportunity

yeah... the sellers were not very forthright with info and sheltered me from the staff. plus i wasn't crazy about the location .... will wait on a better opportunity

From a location standpoint, you certainly made the right choice. That's not even taking into consideration the other BS. :wacko: