[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ranking Rookie RBs for Dynasty

Zooty

I want to skip

McFadden

Mendenhall

Stewart

F. Jones

Forte

K. Smith

We've covered them

How about these guys? Sorry I don't have links for some of the comments as they are random commentary I read here and there

Ray Rice- Would be in the top group if he wasn't behind Willis, may be good when he gets a shot but a little on the small size

Chris Johnson- COP for Lendale or potential feature back? They're already talking about being in the slot so I see COP in his future and RBBC

R. Torain- Denver RB de jour- next T. Davis or A. Hall?

J. Charles- I like him but hate his situation behind LJ. May take any injury to get any PT

S. Slaton- destined for RBBC at best IMO. Too small and had a really down year last year after being touted as one of the top RBs in college

T. Choice- Has more of a feature back look than Felix, Dallas keeps RBBC and lets MBIII leave after this season?

M. Hart- Has to beat out RHodes for PT behind Addai, any future?

T. Hightower- Sure Edge is old but this guy doesn't offer enough to steal carries or be a feature back IMO

Hester/ M. Thomas- Is Heater a FB or COP for LT, is Thomas the real back-up here?

J. Felton DET- Read some rumors that he could get carries as a HB ala Hester. Anyone?

J. Parmele- Intersting in that his father also played in MIA, probably a ST player and FB from what I read if he makes the team.

X. Omon- Read lots of pre-draft hype but he landed in BUF. Stuck behind Lynch

I skipped the rest of the draft since those guys are fringe to even make their teams, except maybe these guys

Chauncey Washington- Maybe sticks as #3 behind Taylor and MJD but not really a COP to MJD when Taylor is done

Justin Forsett- Log-jam at RB in SEA as it is and he's small

Cory Boyd- needs a Graham holdout

Of the group I listed, I'd take Dynasty fliers on maybe 6 of them

Slaton is a guy I keep seeing being picked but I haven't figured out why. Looks like 3rd down material to me but I guess HOU RBs are such a mess anyone could emerge. Jeez, Ron Dayne looked good

I want to skip

McFadden

Mendenhall

Stewart

F. Jones

Forte

K. Smith

We've covered them

How about these guys? Sorry I don't have links for some of the comments as they are random commentary I read here and there

Ray Rice- Would be in the top group if he wasn't behind Willis, may be good when he gets a shot but a little on the small size

Chris Johnson- COP for Lendale or potential feature back? They're already talking about being in the slot so I see COP in his future and RBBC

R. Torain- Denver RB de jour- next T. Davis or A. Hall?

J. Charles- I like him but hate his situation behind LJ. May take any injury to get any PT

S. Slaton- destined for RBBC at best IMO. Too small and had a really down year last year after being touted as one of the top RBs in college

T. Choice- Has more of a feature back look than Felix, Dallas keeps RBBC and lets MBIII leave after this season?

M. Hart- Has to beat out RHodes for PT behind Addai, any future?

T. Hightower- Sure Edge is old but this guy doesn't offer enough to steal carries or be a feature back IMO

Hester/ M. Thomas- Is Heater a FB or COP for LT, is Thomas the real back-up here?

J. Felton DET- Read some rumors that he could get carries as a HB ala Hester. Anyone?

J. Parmele- Intersting in that his father also played in MIA, probably a ST player and FB from what I read if he makes the team.

X. Omon- Read lots of pre-draft hype but he landed in BUF. Stuck behind Lynch

I skipped the rest of the draft since those guys are fringe to even make their teams, except maybe these guys

Chauncey Washington- Maybe sticks as #3 behind Taylor and MJD but not really a COP to MJD when Taylor is done

Justin Forsett- Log-jam at RB in SEA as it is and he's small

Cory Boyd- needs a Graham holdout

Of the group I listed, I'd take Dynasty fliers on maybe 6 of them

Slaton is a guy I keep seeing being picked but I haven't figured out why. Looks like 3rd down material to me but I guess HOU RBs are such a mess anyone could emerge. Jeez, Ron Dayne looked good

Torain,Choice and C.Johnson are the 3 I really like out of that second tier. Torain might even be starter material and is worth RB#4 flier material in non dynasty re-draft leagues.

Torain,Choice and C.Johnson are the 3 I really like out of that second tier. Torain might even be starter material and is worth RB#4 flier material in non dynasty re-draft leagues.

In one of my leagues, Torain was actually taken as the #10 overall pick in a non-IDP rookie draft.

Torain is getting a lot of love for a guy who just had lisfranc surgery.

Ray Rice is destined to be a very, very good RB in the league. He's got everything you like in a RB except height, but with his weight his mass ratio is good & he's thickly built. He may be good enough to put McGahee on the bench sometime in the coming season.

You have to love Slaton's opportunity. He's got a bunch of RBs in front of him who have played well in the league, but they all have significant warts, predominantly of the injury version. Add that HOU added Alex Gibbs as line coach and you can expect their rushing totals to rise significantly, and Kubiak & Gibbs are very familiar with each other from their DEN days. If Slaton had come out last year, he would have been one of the top 4 RBs in the draft.

Choice could be hugh if Barber & DAL can't work out their differences. Jerrah just doesn't seem to like Barber as a RB, and Choice ought to be very capable in filling his role and working the RBBC with Felix Jones.

LenDale White has some very obvious issues, and Chris Johnson could leap to the forefront in TEN with his speed. TEN is dying to get a solid running game going to take some pressure off of Young.

I love Hart, even though he's in a tough spot. Measurables are mediocre, but his intangibles are off the chart. I can't help but think he get on the field someway, somehow just through sheer force of will and his physical & mental toughness.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Ray Rice is destined to be a very, very good RB in the league. He's got everything you like in a RB except height, but with his weight his mass ratio is good & he's thickly built. He may be good enough to put McGahee on the bench sometime in the coming season.

You have to love Slaton's opportunity. He's got a bunch of RBs in front of him who have played well in the league, but they all have significant warts, predominantly of the injury version. Add that HOU added Alex Gibbs as line coach and you can expect their rushing totals to rise significantly, and Kubiak & Gibbs are very familiar with each other from their DEN days. If Slaton had come out last year, he would have been one of the top 4 RBs in the draft.

Choice could be hugh if Barber & DAL can't work out their differences. Jerrah just doesn't seem to like Barber as a RB, and Choice ought to be very capable in filling his role and working the RBBC with Felix Jones.

LenDale White has some very obvious issues, and Chris Johnson could leap to the forefront in TEN with his speed. TEN is dying to get a solid running game going to take some pressure off of Young.

I love Hart, even though he's in a tough spot. Measurables are mediocre, but his intangibles are off the chart. I can't help but think he get on the field someway, somehow just through sheer force of will and his physical & mental toughness.

for those that don't pay attention....BB never said he was concerned about the LF injury :wacko:

and fwiw, yeah i had a very good suspicion that you were targeting him

for those that don't pay attention....BB never said he was concerned about the LF injury :wacko:

and fwiw, yeah i had a very good suspicion that you were targeting him

I never lied. I just stated the truth - he has had lisfranc surgery after he was injured in the middle of last year.

So maybe I did draft him in a in two of my dynasty in all three of my dynasty leagues...

:D

Edited by Bronco Billy

Choice could be the best pick of this draft and will likely be a starter after this year.

Keep an eye on Peyton Hillis as well. He could be a decent back and great vulture.

FWIW, as long as we're putting up secret confessions, I like Tim Hightower in AZ a lot.

Rumor has it that AZ is already so enamored of him that they are already looking at making a roster decision between Arrington & Shipp. Barring injury, Edge could be the only thing standing between him & a starting RB spot - and Edge hits 30 this year with a lot of mileage on the chassis. Word is that his running style reminds people of Marion Barber's.

I drafted him in 2 leagues also, but paid a lot higher price in ATAP than the other league.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:wacko:

Is there a rookie RB you DON'T like? Or is this all just smoke to cover your secret affection for Torain? That's one hell of an effort to hide your love for another man. :D

Is there a rookie RB you DON'T like?

I don't like Chris Johnson despite the obvious need in TEN as I stated above. He wasn't on anyone's radar until the combine (rightfully so), and it takes a lot more than speed to play RB in the NFL. The opportunity will be there - but is he another Chris Henry?

I don't like Kevin Smith. I think he put up superb numbers against incredibly weak run Ds in college, and he reminds me of a lot of MAC RBs from 5-10 years ago who put up hugh college numbers but never had their game translate to the pros.

I don't like Jamal Charles. He reminds me of Tatum Bell and Quentin Griffin. His game is all at the edge of the LoS, and he goes down with very little contact.

I don't like Rashard Mendenhall. I think he was a one year wonder who made his bones in a spread O where the QB had to be accounted for because he was such a legit threat to run and pass, and he had a lot of O talent around him. His less than auspiscious start - the hammy injury & being held up at 2:00 am make me even more jittery.

There are others, but those ought to make for some good fodder...

Edited by Bronco Billy

I don't like Jamal Charles. He reminds me of Tatum Bell and Quentin Griffin. His game is all at the edge of the LoS, and he goes down with very little contact.

I could be having the worst day ever, and I just need to read this statement again to make me giggle like a schoolgirl. :wacko:

I never lied. I just stated the truth - he has had lisfranc surgery after he was injured in the middle of last year.

So maybe I did draft him in a in two of my dynasty in all three of my dynasty leagues...

There is a big difference between not lying and telling the truth.

You cherry picked what you said. Where has that been done before?

To you that may mean you never lied but you didn't tell the truth either. What you said was designed to steer others away from Torrain. Now that you've been found out I'm afraid Torrain will go earlier than I wanted.

To you that may mean you never lied but you didn't tell the truth either. What you said was designed to steer others away from Torrain. Now that you've been found out I'm afraid Torrain will go earlier than I wanted.

You've assumed, of course, that anyone gives me any credibility when it comes to the DEN RB situation...

BTW - the information regarding Torain is easily accessible on the internet.

Edited by Bronco Billy

You've assumed, of course, that anyone gives me any credibility when it comes to the DEN RB situation...

BTW - the information regarding Torain is easily accessible on the internet.

That's true but lis franc's do scare a lot of people away.

That's true but lis franc's do scare a lot of people away.

Rightfully so, and people who are looking at Torain ought to take this under serious consideration. That said, the new technique they used to help heal the injury is said to be light years ahead of they way screws were placed. It remains to be seen how the whole thing turns out, but what could have been a probable career ending injury only a few years ago may be something that can be completely overcome in less than a year now.

I could be having the worst day ever, and I just need to read this statement again to make me giggle like a schoolgirl. :wacko:

True, I think he wll be the next Leeland Mcelroy but I could be wrong. KC has shown the ability to suprise with margical rb talent before.

I've been watching this and with the loss of FB Lorenzo Neal, I have to think that Hester will be used as a FB (also listed on NFL.com players as a FB, for whatever that's worth) since there is only one other FB on the team with Pinnock. I took a gamble on Thomas in the late rounds of one of my dynasty drafts as it looks like there's going to be competition for the BU spot to Tomlinson during training camp with the loss of Turner.

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

Both these guys are in the higher tier. I like both more than Forte. Maybe more than Felix too.

Ray Rice - good talent that could push McGahee out the door by year 3. Cameron as OC sure helps.

Chris Johnson - if Reggie Bush can be a decent #2 RB in non-PPR, Johnson can be a solid #3. Just blows by guys.

R. Torain- - Denver RB headache. Sell him after he starts 2 games. Take whatever you can get.

J. Charles - good he landed behind LJ. He wasn't ready for the NFL yet. Needs to learn RB basics still.

T. Choice- - strictly in this group because Barber isn't signed yet. Not really good at anything in particular.

M. Hart - Has better RB pedigree than Addai had. Should eventually be in the mix. Rhodes coming back hurt.

T. Hightower - Faint hope that he's Edge's eventual replacement. Highly unlikely. Might replace Shipp though.

Hester - Hester is the back-up. GM Smith wanted him since November. Traded a 2nd and a 5th to the Patriots for him.

J. Parmele - Ricky is old and Brown is always hurt. Only reason this guy in on this list.

S. Slaton - teams were trying him out at WR. Will have a hard time beating out Walker for a spot.

Don't see any of these guys doing anything (roster filler this year, special teamers, or replaced by next season's crop):

Chauncey Washington

Justin Forsett

Cory Boyd

J. Felton DET

X. Omon

M. Thomas

Edited by Riffraff

Both these guys are in the higher tier. I like both more than Forte. Maybe more than Felix too.

Ray Rice - good talent that could push McGahee out the door by year 3. Cameron as OC sure helps.

Chris Johnson - if Reggie Bush can be a decent #2 RB in non-PPR, Johnson can be a solid #3. Just blows by guys.

R. Torain- - Denver RB headache. Sell him after he starts 2 games. Take whatever you can get.

J. Charles - good he landed behind LJ. He wasn't ready for the NFL yet. Needs to learn RB basics still.

T. Choice- - strictly in this group because Barber isn't signed yet. Not really good at anything in particular.

M. Hart - Has better RB pedigree than Addai had. Should eventually be in the mix. Rhodes coming back hurt.

T. Hightower - Faint hope that he's Edge's eventual replacement. Highly unlikely. Might replace Shipp though.

Hester - Hester is the back-up. GM Smith wanted him since November. Traded a 2nd and a 5th to the Patriots for him.

J. Parmele - Ricky is old and Brown is always hurt. Only reason this guy in on this list.

S. Slaton - teams were trying him out at WR. Will have a hard time beating out Walker for a spot.

Don't see any of these guys doing anything (roster filler this year, special teamers, or replaced by next season's crop):

Chauncey Washington

Justin Forsett

Cory Boyd

J. Felton DET

X. Omon

M. Thomas

Fair enough assessment except for Rice and Choice and Slaton. No way does Rice PUSH McGahee out the door by year 3. And I don't think you've given Choice a fair shake. I see Slaton getting lots of love by mid-season and could, COULD, be another Grant this year.

Edited by tazinib1