[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

James Hardy pulls a gun on his Dad?

No charges filed and the police don't plan to pursue the complaint? An unidentified woman sees the argument, yells at Hardy to stop fighting with his Dad, and then Hardy pulls a gun on his Dad in front of the witness? The witness now refuses any comment? Dad says they argued but nothing else?

:wacko:

A red flag goes up, but the story really doesn't say much of anything that can be substantiated other than Hardy & his Dad were arguing that afternoon, and the cops sure don't seem to be concerned.

No charges filed and the police don't plan to pursue the complaint? An unidentified woman sees the argument, yells at Hardy to stop fighting with his Dad, and then Hardy pulls a gun on his Dad in front of the witness? The witness now refuses any comment? Dad says they argued but nothing else?

:wacko:

A red flag goes up, but the story really doesn't say much of anything that can be substantiated other than Hardy & his Dad were arguing that afternoon, and the cops sure don't seem to be concerned.

:D Sounds like someone who just drafted the guy in a rookie draft....

:D

I'm not saying that anything will immediately come of these allegations... but you have to wonder if this is how the rookie deals with conflict. Could be nothing. Could be a precursor of much worse things to come. Given that many are in the midst of rookie drafts, I think its a pretty timely story. :wacko:

:wacko: Sounds like someone who just drafted the guy in a rookie draft....

Aaaah...you stole my thunder Darin.

FWIW, this may turn out to be nothing and I agree with BB that all of a sudden, no one wants to talk. It is something to keep an eye on, as Savage said. if this really did happen, it may happen again only this time, witnesses may talk.

I'm not saying that anything will immediately come of these allegations... but you have to wonder if this is how the rookie deals with conflict. Could be nothing. Could be a precursor of much worse things to come. Given that many are in the midst of rookie drafts, I think its a pretty timely story. :wacko:

It could also be a family where guns are easily available. Many shootings happen because people get mad and pull a gun that's nearby. I'm not defending anything here, but it does happen. Thankfully if he did do it maybe he learned to be more careful.

Often in family situations like this no one talks to the police and unless they do they can't do anything about it.

The league could ask he go to anger management classes but they probably can't.

I personally see it as a non issue. That might have something to do with me being a Bills fan, but his father said his son didn't do anything to him and a fight between a father and son, especially when the father was in jail while his kid grew up, isn't exactly anything out of the ordinary.

I personally see it as a non issue. That might have something to do with me being a Bills fan, but his father said his son didn't do anything to him and a fight between a father and son, especially when the father was in jail while his kid grew up, isn't exactly anything out of the ordinary.

Why would the Father want to do anything to upset the gravy train? His son is a millionaire now. He's not going to want to jeopardize that. I'm sure the neighbor would be taken care of as well. That's why I don't think anything will come of these allegations. But still it makes me nervous that he is the kind of kid who has such little self-control that he would indeed pull out a gun in the middle of an argument. Maybe the story is completely false. heck, I HOPE it is false. But I suspect that it isn't.

Why would the Father want to do anything to upset the gravy train? His son is a millionaire now. He's not going to want to jeopardize that. I'm sure the neighbor would be taken care of as well. That's why I don't think anything will come of these allegations. But still it makes me nervous that he is the kind of kid who has such little self-control that he would indeed pull out a gun in the middle of an argument. Maybe the story is completely false. heck, I HOPE it is false. But I suspect that it isn't.

I just hope that maybe once he starts to play in the NFL, he will grow and mature and realize the consequences of his actions. However, that's isn't always what happens (i.e. Pacman, Henry, ect.). So this story does make me nervous, but I know that the Bills organization will not put up with that kind of stuff if it continues.

:wacko: Sounds like someone who just drafted the guy in a rookie draft....

Aaaah...you stole my thunder Darin.

FWIW, this may turn out to be nothing and I agree with BB that all of a sudden, no one wants to talk. It is something to keep an eye on, as Savage said. if this really did happen, it may happen again only this time, witnesses may talk.

The brutality around here can really be hughmourous.

I'll say it again. Ruh Roh!

Absolutely. It appears he grew up in a bad situation, doesn't have control of his temper, and Dad may even be trying to horn in on his payday (possible cause of the argument?).

This could be a situation that gets worse as he progresses. I would imagine that the NFL is tracking this - if we can find this info, they sure have it - and he would seem to be a strong candidate for some intervention.

Definitely bears watching. I'm not sure how far down this drops him, if at all. Below Thomas but above Sweed, Avery, & Kelly? Further than that? Not at all?

Whatcha' think, guys?

I'm not sure how far down this drops him, if at all. Below Thomas but above Sweed, Avery, & Kelly? Further than that? Not at all?

Whatcha' think, guys?

It's a tough call. I'm sure some Dynasty owners would like to go back in time and take someone else rather than Pacman Jones. I don't know that Hardy is going to become like that, but here we are with some major warning signs. The thing is, if he does go the Pacman route, it will probably take a couple of years to go REALLY bad. And it sounds like Hardy could be one of those guys that produces for the Bills immediately.

Tough call. I think it DOES drop his value some, but his talent and situation still make him pretty valuable for FF. :wacko:

This can't be good. Pull a gun on dad? Seriously? THere is a chance that father is that bad of a man that he deserved this, but otherwise, I don't see how this kid stays clean for the next ten years. That just isn't something that good people do.

This can't be good. Pull a gun on dad? Seriously? THere is a chance that father is that bad of a man that he deserved this, but otherwise, I don't see how this kid stays clean for the next ten years. That just isn't something that good people do.

There was a story his father was in prison while the son was growing up. For what I don't know.

"When officers spoke to the elder Hardy, he acknowledged that he and his son were in an argument, but said his son did not do anything. The father said the younger Hardy was always angry with him because he was in prison while his son was a boy, the report said.

Monday night, the elder Hardy made a similar comment when reached by phone."

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dl.../805130306/tbd/

The only time you pull a gun on someone is if you're worried about your safety.Pulling one on your own father because you're arguing and angry with him,if true raises a hugh red flag.

He's not on my draft list anymore.