[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Update 2 for Swiss Cheesehead

vonromig

The team I took over in March 2007 (before its Rookie Draft)

Eli Manning

Philip Rivers

Alex Smith

Kellen Clemens

Travis Henry

Cedric Benson

Carnell Williams

DeAngelo Williams

Jeriuos Norwood

Larry Fitzgerald

Javon Walker

Matt Jones

Vincent Jackson

Demetrius Williams

Michael Clayton (TB)

Travis Wilson

Vernon Davis

Eric Johnson

Pope Leonard

Stephen Gostkowski

San Diego DEF

Here is my full roster after all the trading and the 2008 Rookie Draft

Eli Manning

Jason Campbell

JaMarcus Russell

Kevin Kolb

Adrian Peterson (MIN)

Jonathan Stewart - r

Kevin Smith - r

Rashard Mendenhall - r

Carnell Williams

Larry Fitzgerald

Dwayne Bowe

Vincent Jackson

Reggie Brown

Roydell Williams

Limas Sweed - r

DeSean Jackson - r

Jacoby Jones

Vernon Davis

John Carlson - r

Bo Scaife

Brent Celek

Stephen Gostkowski

Phil Dawson*

Philadelphia Eagles DEF

(* note Dawson is a bye-week replacement player. He'll be dropped for a temp DEF in week 7.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not playoff bound this year, but my team seems to be improving.

Von

By trading players before the 2007 season for 1st round picks in this year's rookie draft.

Von

Dayum. Can you outline some of those trades? You basically have 4 or 5 first round rookie picks, and that had to cost you something.

Why make it a private message. This all started when he publicly described my trading actions would make me look like an idiot. Thus, as promised, I would keep him updated as to the team's continued advances... publicly. See if I'm a "genius" or an "idiot". (although more likely just a commoner)

Von

You may not be an idiot at trading but by posting these publicly you are starting to like like an idiot for other reasons. :wacko:

Dayum. Can you outline some of those trades? You basically have 4 or 5 first round rookie picks, and that had to cost you something.

Well one of the "secrets" of dynasties are; rookie draft picks are cheapest just before the regular season starts. Few owners are thinking about what will happen in April-May, when they are trying to get their team ready for the season in August. Rookie picks are the most expensive just before or during the rookie draft... I try and stay away from trading during those times, if possible.

Just before the 2007 season I traded; Cedric Benson, Travis Henry, Phillip Rivers, and Javon Walker, when the players' value was at their highest to the four teams I thought were going to be bottom dwellers. Ended up with the 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, and 1.8 picks.

(yes I did bypass on McFad, as I think he is even more over-hyped then Reggie Bush was, and then going to an even worst team)

Von

Well one of the "secrets" of dynasties are; rookie draft picks are cheapest just before the regular season starts. Few owners are thinking about what will happen in April-May, when they are trying to get their team ready for the season in August. Rookie picks are the most expensive just before or during the rookie draft... I try and stay away from trading during those times, if possible.

Just before the 2007 season I traded; Cedric Benson, Travis Henry, Phillip Rivers, and Javon Walker, when the players' value was at their highest to the four teams I thought were going to be bottom dwellers. Ended up with the 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, and 1.8 picks.

(yes I did bypass on McFad, as I think he is even more over-hyped then Reggie Bush was, and then going to an even worst team)

Von

I can see Travis Henry going for a 1st round pick (before the 2007 season) but the other guys? I dont get it.

But good job

Von

Well, you are quite the clairovoyant one, that's for sure. Knowing before the season that those guys would all end up sucking is pretty impressive. An argument can be made that Benson, Henry and Rivers, prior to the season, could have been moved for unknown rookie 1st round picks, Walker, not so much.

I can see not taking a shot at McFadden if you have the 1.1 pick, or 1 high pick in the first round, but having the first 4 picks, you should have taken a chance on him, no question about it.

Well, you are quite the clairovoyant one, that's for sure. Knowing before the season that those guys would all end up sucking is pretty impressive. An argument can be made that Benson, Henry and Rivers, prior to the season, could have been moved for unknown rookie 1st round picks, Walker, not so much.

I can see not taking a shot at McFadden if you have the 1.1 pick, or 1 high pick in the first round, but having the first 4 picks, you should have taken a chance on him, no question about it.

That would have been pre-injury, no? Depending on the league size and starting requirements, I could see trading a first for Walker then.

Yes, when I made the trades the hype on the four players were pretty good.

The league is at MFL and it's called "Razor's Dynasty FFL". I took over the team in it's second year and it was on the bottom. I kept it on the bottom with my trades, but I think I made the team better for it.

Von

Edited by vonromig