[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marvin Harrison

tazinib1

I've seen Marvin slip to the 7th/8th rounds so far this year. I wish I could get some more info on his injury, but all I know for now is that he will be skipping pre-season workouts. If he's healthy enough to start week 1, its insane to me that he isn't getting drafted higher. Thoughts?

And lets keep the supposed "HIT" on him out of the conversation please. FF relevance is what I am looking for.

I wouldn't take him before the 6th, so that doesn't surprise me. He's coming off of a pretty significant knee injury and will be 36 at the beginning of the season. Throw in the fact that Reggie is a stud, Clark gets a ton of red-zone looks, and Gonzalez will be creating mismatches galore in the slot and I don't see Marvin doing much fantasy-wise this year. If you're in a keeper league, grab Gonzalez instead.

I wouldn't take him before the 6th, so that doesn't surprise me. He's coming off of a pretty significant knee injury and will be 36 at the beginning of the season. Throw in the fact that Reggie is a stud, Clark gets a ton of red-zone looks, and Gonzalez will be creating mismatches galore in the slot and I don't see Marvin doing much fantasy-wise this year. If you're in a keeper league, grab Gonzalez instead.

Nope not a keeper. But your assessment is pretty much dead on with mine. I'm just looking for some WR talent in the 4th as the top 15 have been picked. S.Holmes seems to be my guy right now but I have 4 picks in front of me.

I read that he will be attending Colts minicamp but not participating due to the knee and this gun issue

link

Marvin Harrison will attend the Colts minicamp this weekend, but he will not participate as he recovers from last season's knee injury. It's also unlikely he will be available for any media interviews. Nevertheless, Harrison has talked about the shooting incident in Philadelphia near a bar he owns. Harrison said he was not involved in the shooting. Harrison has not been accused of anything in regards to this shooting, but he was interviewed by police, who are in the beginning stages of the investigation.

I've seen Marvin slip to the 7th/8th rounds so far this year. I wish I could get some more info on his injury, but all I know for now is that he will be skipping pre-season workouts. If he's healthy enough to start week 1, its insane to me that he isn't getting drafted higher. Thoughts?

And lets keep the supposed "HIT" on him out of the conversation please. FF relevance is what I am looking for.

What HIT on him?

For me he is a 7th rounder. have Donald Driver ahead of him, but DD has dropped quite a bit lately.

ADP right now is 75.

Edited by Randall

This is how I approach drafting him as well.

I don't.

I probably wouldn't, either. His name will ensure that he goes in the 7th in most drafts, and that's probably a bit too high for me. Too many question marks and too many other options in that offense.

What HIT on him?

For me he is a 7th rounder. have Donald Driver ahead of him, but DD has dropped quite a bit lately.

ADP right now is 75.

I don't have Driver ahead of him, just because Harrison is capable of much higher numbers imo than Driver... Both have lost a step, but Harrison didn't lose his HOF quarterback.

This is how I approach drafting him as well.

I don't.

Much like how you approach winning...

You don't.

:wacko:

I don't have Driver ahead of him, just because Harrison is capable of much higher numbers imo than Driver... Both have lost a step, but Harrison didn't lose his HOF quarterback.

DD also had that shoulder injury he played with last year. I haven't heard whether he got surgery.

The ADP doesn't have Donald ahead of him either, but I do. I have DD at 25 and Marvin at 28.

Jennings is now at 20. :wacko: Could still be a 6th rounder.

WR's ADP real drafts.

How's Cadillac and Benson working out for you? :wacko:

Apparently better than whoever is on your roster. :D

In all seriousness however, Marvin is in a situation where he has an uphill battle, and it just looks like he can't win.

I would count on this being his last season.

He hurt his left knee last year and is still rehabbing it. He also had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee recently. So now he's having problems with both knees. We won't know where he should be drafted until training camp.

He hurt his left knee last year and is still rehabbing it. He also had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee recently. So now he's having problems with both knees. We won't know where he should be drafted until training camp.

What are the chances of the colts organization allowing him to do anything in TC?

I'll pass on Harrison anywhere before the 7th round, and even then, I'd probably look elsewhere for a WR. He's not done being a contributor with Manning throwing to him, but I think there are several early-mid round guys that may have more upside. He's just one of those players that I am not sure what to think of going into this season and that scares me a bit...

Edited by TDFFFreak

Ok well I said in my initial post that I didn't want to hear anything about the shooting but its obvious nobody knows whats going on. Here's the skinny...apparently Marvin's dad was a bad mofo and this was a HIT on Marvin for the crap his father had done (who is now dead btw). Payback is a bizzle.

Ok well I said in my initial post that I didn't want to hear anything about the shooting but its obvious nobody knows whats going on. Here's the skinny...apparently Marvin's dad was a bad mofo and this was a HIT on Marvin for the crap his father had done (who is now dead btw). Payback is a bizzle.

That was also a flawed report... 34 year old news...

I can't see myself drafting Harrison this year in any round. I said the same thing about Shaun Alexander last year and people laughed at me. Not drafting Harrison, however, is less stunning - seems pretty much everyone can agree that he has little or no value.

I am very confident that I will not own Marvin this year because there has to be someone else in the draft that wants him a whole lot more than me. He would be worth being a FF WR backup and someone in every league will take him as a starter. No way for me.