[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5/14 News

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/619002.html

Chiefs Will Release Wesley

The Chiefs have told safety Greg Wesley they will release him as soon as they believe they have exhausted all trade possibilities for him. That time could come as quickly as this week. The Chiefs believe they are set at safety with starters Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard, veteran reserve Jon McGraw and third-round draft pick DaJuan Morgan.

Knowing he's about to be cut, the Chiefs will find it hard to find a trade partner for the 30 year old, eight year veteran. Wesley might rekindle some marginal fantasy value if he lands a starting gig on a weak secondary team.

| May 14, 2008 5:08 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/A...WHI/default.htm

Jets Want More From T. Jones

PFW reports "although RB Thomas Jones may well get a second chance at the starting job, the Jets are, in fact, peeved with Jones’ inability to get on track in ’07 - a season that netted him 1,119 yards on a whopping 310 carries (a dismal 3.6 average) and just a single touchdown - and are quite willing to give diminutive scatback Leon Washington and free-agent acquisition Jesse Chatman larger roles in the offense.

The Jets are hoping Jones' average 2007 was due to a leaky offensive line. With improvements made in the off-season, we'll see how much patience management has if he doesn't produce.

| May 14, 2008 4:10 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pats Courting K. Jones

PFW reports "New England hosted RB Kevin Jones on a visit to Foxborough, which we're told is a sign that coach Bill Belichick still doesn’t fully trust RB Laurence Maroney. Belichick was critical of Maroney’s toughness during the middle portions of the season, believing he took a gratuitously long time recovering from a groin ailment. The Patriots coveted Jones when he was coming out of Virginia Tech in 2004 and were poised to pick him at No. 32 before the Lions took him 30th. The question as to whether he’ll be signed will be dependent on whether he’s given the green light by New England’s medical staff.

If KJ signed with the Pats, both parties could afford a slow and proper recovery schedule. Maroney owners pray this is just a rumor. Jones has missed games every season in his four year career, playing in 13 last season.

| May 14, 2008 4:04 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/o...pbengalsb1.html

Irons to Start on PUP?

Bengals RB Kenny Irons is still recovering from a torn ACL from last August and will likely start the season on the physically unable to perform list (PUP).

The Bengals already have a crowded backfield, so this news won't change much on fantasy rosters. Rudi Johnson is still the guy to draft for Cincinnati with Chris Perry the handcuff. If either of them should fail, then Kenny Watson is waiting in the wings.

| May 14, 2008 12:45 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...PT02/805140371/

Brooks Moved to Strong Side

After the practice, linebacker Ahmad Brooks said he had been moved from the middle to the strong side, which suggests the Bengals might be counting on the reinstated Odell Thurman to return to the middle.

Fantasy owners won't like this news for Ahmad Brooks, because strong side LBs don't normally score as well in IDP, however this could be big news for Odell Thurman. Thurman had a team-best 148 tackles, five interceptions and four forced fumbles while making 15 starts as a rookie in 2005.

| May 14, 2008 10:49 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...PT02/805140371/ (same as above)

New Defense in Cincinnati

Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said the team is installing a new defense. He offered no details, but the confirmation of a new defensive scheme - following the firing of Lewis' second defensive coordinator and the hiring of his third, Mike Zimmer - comes on the heels of Lewis saying the team will stay with a four-lineman base.

Zimmer has always had good defenses but was never good enough in Dallas. A new defensive philosophy will be welcome in Cincy where they usually struggle to stop opponents.

| May 14, 2008 10:41 AM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/c...ains-a-no-show/

Graham a No Show

When the Buc returned to the practice field for their fifth “voluntary workout of the offseason Wednesday, running back Earnest Graham wasn’t with them. Graham won’t say precisely why he wasn’t there, but you can pretty much guess the reason. Graham, who is seeking a contract extension much like disgruntled quarterback Jeff Garcia, has obviously been advised by his agent to take a different approach to the matter than Garcia has.

Garcia is at practice, but Graham is not. Both are unhappy, but should be back on the field when training camp begins. Last year Graham rushed for 898 yards and surprised the fantasy world with his 10 TDs and 49 receptions. He won't go unnoticed this season as you will likely see him drafted in the 2nd round.

| May 14, 2008 9:30 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...395/1002/sports

White Feeling Good

Titans running back LenDale White increased his workload during Tuesday's minicamp at Baptist Sports Park and said he's pain-free for the first time in awhile. White had arthroscopic knee surgery in January and said he played the entire 2007 season with a torn meniscus after injuring it in the preseason. "I played with it all season,'' White said. "Contrary to what people believe, I am a soldier. I played on it all year and I didn't complain, not once. I waited until the season was over to get it fixed and now it is fixed and I'm feeling good."

Good to hear that White played in pain last year, since we normally only poke fun at his weight. White rushed for 1,110 yards last season with seven TDs. He can usually be drafted in the 4th round of most drafts as your RB3. We think he is very good insurance as a third RB on your team.

| May 14, 2008 9:19 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jets Want More From T. Jones

PFW reports "although RB Thomas Jones may well get a second chance at the starting job, the Jets are, in fact, peeved with Jones’ inability to get on track in ’07 - a season that netted him 1,119 yards on a whopping 310 carries (a dismal 3.6 average) and just a single touchdown - and are quite willing to give diminutive scatback Leon Washington and free-agent acquisition Jesse Chatman larger roles in the offense.

The Jets are hoping Jones' average 2007 was due to a leaky offensive line. With improvements made in the off-season, we'll see how much patience management has if he doesn't produce.

| May 14, 2008 4:10 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi all

I have a feeling that Leon Washington will be a great sleeper 3rd RB | flex player this year. He has 2 much upside and the JETS really need to put him on the field more.

hi all

I have a feeling that Leon Washington will be a great sleeper 3rd RB | flex player this year. He has 2 much upside and the JETS really need to put him on the field more.

That is one strange avatar my friend.

hi all

Agreed. Has done nothing but good things every time they give him a chance, kind of like Westbrook used to be before he got a bigger role. I don't know that Washington will be Westbrook, but could definitely be a poor man's version.

Agreed. Has done nothing but good things every time they give him a chance, kind of like Westbrook used to be before he got a bigger role. I don't know that Washington will be Westbrook, but could definitely be a poor man's version.

As a NY Homer, I am not sold on Washington at all (as pripary back). I think he is a perfect COP back...but thats all. I dont think he can ever be a primary back and I like that about him. He is perfect for situational football IMO. Westbrook can do it all so thats not a fair comparison.

Edit to add: But to give all NYJ RBs some credit, their line blew goat nuts last year. We will see this upcoming year what will happen. I think if they cant run the ball there will be many changes the year after.

Edited by MrTed46

As a NY Homer, I am not sold on Washington at all (as pripary back). I think he is a perfect COP back...but thats all. I dont think he can ever be a primary back and I like that about him. He is perfect for situational football IMO. Westbrook can do it all so thats not a fair comparison.

Edit to add: But to give all NYJ RBs some credit, their line blew goat nuts last year. We will see this upcoming year what will happen. I think if they cant run the ball there will be many changes the year after.

I didn't really think of Washington as a primary back, but then again, I don't really consider Westbrook an every down back either. Even Westbrook I think could be used more efficiently if he had a decent compliment. I would like to see what Washington can do with 15-20 touches a game.

Really?! :wacko:

That might be the single most silly piece of writing Ive read on this site. But whatever, opinions are opinions.

Well I can see his POV. Westbrook is a great back on the field in both running and receiving but if the Eagles were to stick him in soley has a rushing back for 80% of the carriers I think he would grind down to a 3.8 ypc towards the last part of the season and get hurt. But on that same note, i feel kind of dirty for agreeing with a Hawk's fan.

Really?! :wacko:

That might be the single most silly piece of writing Ive read on this site. But whatever, opinions are opinions.

Not so much IMO.

I think that what he is saying is that if Westbrook didn't have to carry the whole load and there was a nice complementary back in the mix, Westy could get hurt less and do more damage when he did get the ball.

I didn't really think of Washington as a primary back, but then again, I don't really consider Westbrook an every down back either. Even Westbrook I think could be used more efficiently if he had a decent compliment. I would like to see what Washington can do with 15-20 touches a game.

Really?

15 15 278 1,333 4.8 36 7 90 771 8.6 57T 5

Hmm. 368 Touches in 15 games = 24.5 touches/game

Seems like an every down back to me :wacko:

Really?

15 15 278 1,333 4.8 36 7 90 771 8.6 57T 5

Hmm. 368 Touches in 15 games = 24.5 touches/game

Seems like an every down back to me :wacko:

He is an every down back, sorta. They still do give a decent number of carries to his backups. I'm just saying that I think he could be used even better and more efficiently if they gave him a few less touches, and he may not have to be listed as questionable every week of his pro career. I know it kind of reads funny the way I wrote it, but I think Westbrook is an every-down player out of necessity, not necessarily based entirely on his skill set. I don't want people to think that I am discounting Westbrook, as he is my single favorite non-Seahawk player in the NFL now that Favre is gone.

Also, when Westbrook was a rookie and second year player, nobody thought he could ever be an every-down back either, just like Washington. I'm not saying Washington will be Westbrook, but I think it is worth a shot to see what the kid can do with extended touches. He just might surprise. As exciting as he has been in limited duty, it is worth an experiment, especially if Jones struggles again.

My knee-jerk reaction is one of surprise: that Jesse Chatman isn't the presumptive back up to T. Jones and that Washington is merely the COP/3rd down guy. Chatman was serviceable in replacement of Ronnie Brown last year (4.0 YPC); sort of Sammy Morris-esque.

What???

The 49ers have decided that FS Mark Roman :wacko: will wear the team's defensive radio receiver in his helmet, instead of Patrick Willis.

No explanation was given, but Willis will remain an every-down player so it won't affect his fantasy value. Willis led the NFL in tackles last season.

Source: Sacramento Bee

What???

The 49ers have decided that FS Mark Roman :wacko: will wear the team's defensive radio receiver in his helmet, instead of Patrick Willis.

No explanation was given, but Willis will remain an every-down player so it won't affect his fantasy value. Willis led the NFL in tackles last season.

Source: Sacramento Bee

Is Willis going to be coming off the field in nickel packages?

Is Willis going to be coming off the field in nickel packages?

No. This is about the QB of the defense getting the calls from the sidelines. I expect Willis to be the QB before the season ends.

My knee-jerk reaction is one of surprise: that Jesse Chatman isn't the presumptive back up to T. Jones and that Washington is merely the COP/3rd down guy. Chatman was serviceable in replacement of Ronnie Brown last year (4.0 YPC); sort of Sammy Morris-esque.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I'll probably avoid the Jets backfield all together on draft day (unless I get tremendous value). I just have no feel for how this will shake out.

Lance Briggs believes Brian Urlacher has "outlived (his) contract" and is "definitely due" for a raise.

"Everybody in the city of Chicago knows what Brian Urlacher has meant and continues to mean to the city of Chicago," said Briggs after throwing out the first pitch at the Cubs game. Urlacher was in favor of the Bears paying Briggs last year. "I'm the biggest supporter of my big brother," Briggs said.

Source: Chicago Sun Times

The Kansas City Star believes rookie Branden Albert will indeed line up at left tackle for the Chiefs this season

Along the offensive line, only Brian Waters at left guard remains in the same place from last season. Damion McIntosh will move to right tackle while the team takes a leap of faith with Adrian Jones at right guard and Rudy Niswanger at center.

Source: Kansas City Star

Lance Briggs believes Brian Urlacher has "outlived (his) contract" and is "definitely due" for a raise.

"Everybody in the city of Chicago knows what Brian Urlacher has meant and continues to mean to the city of Chicago," said Briggs after throwing out the first pitch at the Cubs game. Urlacher was in favor of the Bears paying Briggs last year. "I'm the biggest supporter of my big brother," Briggs said.

Source: Chicago Sun Times

They should cut or trade Urlacher...

I meant to reply to this sooner, but I actually think T Jones is an enormous fantasy sleeper at this point. He can currently be had in most redrafts for a late 5th/early 6th (12 team drafts). If he repeats last year's numbers (1330 total and 2), he's a definite bargain at that point. And with the improvements to the O-line, he certainly has the potential to better those figures too. This is a guy to target in real drafts if he stays somewhere in the neighborhood of the 5th round or later.

The Kansas City Star believes rookie Branden Albert will indeed line up at left tackle for the Chiefs this season

:wacko:

Lions fans have been debating whether taking Gosder Cherilus, the plug-in RT who's probably not laterally quick enough to become an LT was the right pick over Albert, because even though Albert would be a project at tackle he'd have better upside. Dude's going right from playing guard in the ACC to LT in the NFL? I can't imagine this works out well!

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote