[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5/14 News

Guest Chappy

He is an every down back, sorta. They still do give a decent number of carries to his backups. I'm just saying that I think he could be used even better and more efficiently if they gave him a few less touches, and he may not have to be listed as questionable every week of his pro career. I know it kind of reads funny the way I wrote it, but I think Westbrook is an every-down player out of necessity, not necessarily based entirely on his skill set. I don't want people to think that I am discounting Westbrook, as he is my single favorite non-Seahawk player in the NFL now that Favre is gone.

Also, when Westbrook was a rookie and second year player, nobody thought he could ever be an every-down back either, just like Washington. I'm not saying Washington will be Westbrook, but I think it is worth a shot to see what the kid can do with extended touches. He just might surprise. As exciting as he has been in limited duty, it is worth an experiment, especially if Jones struggles again.

ummm. but you are discounting Westbrook...his skill set is what allows him to be as effective as he is in the WCO that the birds run.

Titans running back LenDale White increased his workload during Tuesday's minicamp at Baptist Sports Park and said he's pain-free for the first time in awhile. White had arthroscopic knee surgery in January and said he played the entire 2007 season with a torn meniscus after injuring it in the preseason. "I played with it all season,'' White said. "Contrary to what people believe, I am a soldier.
:wacko: Just when I thought that stupid Winslow-ism was dead.....anyway hard to say just how much RBBC will be going on for the Jets this year. Jones had made a career out of mostly being a disappointment, but the OL did suck.....how for real could Chatman be, given a chance?

hi all

I have a feeling that Leon Washington will be a great sleeper 3rd RB | flex player this year. He has 2 much upside and the JETS really need to put him on the field more.

Note to self:

Leon Washington posts on the Huddle under the screenname "Puzzle head".

Extra note:

Look for the f'ed up avi.

:wacko:

Lions fans have been debating whether taking Gosder Cherilus, the plug-in RT who's probably not laterally quick enough to become an LT was the right pick over Albert, because even though Albert would be a project at tackle he'd have better upside. Dude's going right from playing guard in the ACC to LT in the NFL? I can't imagine this works out well!

Peace

policy

According to Carl Peterson, KC was enamored with what he showed in the TWO games he played at LT his senior year... So, its not like he's completely devoid of experience there...