[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With Chad Johnson and Housh being tools...

Duchess Jack

I think Housh plays no matter what... CJ, Im not so sure, but Palmer has to be a top 5 QB still. No way I take Eli over Palmer, but I can see Brady, P Manning, Romo, Brees, and Ben all before Palmer. Palmer outta still do well though.

I can see taking....

Brady, Peyton, Romo, Breeze, Eli and Big Ben before Palmer.

Is that about right or do you think that he'll be closer to the top? Think that Housh and Ocho will play?

They drafted a could of promising rookies. I'd wait until TC to see what transpires. Do you have a vet draft coming up? I think Chad and TJ will play.

They drafted a could of promising rookies. I'd wait until TC to see what transpires. Do you have a vet draft coming up? I think Chad and TJ will play.

Nah... just worrying a bit early. I've a rookie draft in 2 weeks. An owner offered me a late first and early second for him. There's no way I take that offer but I am considering moving him as I have Rivers and Delhomme. I figure that I'll keep him, but I am kicking myself in the ass because I paid a kings ransom for him last year.

I can see taking....

Brady, Peyton, Romo, Breeze, Eli and Big Ben before Palmer.

Is that about right or do you think that he'll be closer to the top? Think that Housh and Ocho will play?

Yes on all but Eli

Nah... just worrying a bit early. I've a rookie draft in 2 weeks. An owner offered me a late first and early second for him. There's no way I take that offer but I am considering moving him as I have Rivers and Delhomme. I figure that I'll keep him, but I am kicking myself in the ass because I paid a kings ransom for him last year.

Never sell low! :wacko:

Yeah Palmer's a definite stud. It will be interesting to see how the rookies and Chad play out this summer. I like Caldwell but with so many Gator WR's not panning out I may have to pass on him in my rookie draft.

Moving Palmer now may be tough though. I'd wait.

I think it's still too early to tell. Have to wait until TC starts to see what kind of rhythm he can develop with whichever receivers are goign to be there. He has the talent to be a good producer, what he needs is the chemistry. Have to wait and see I think.

Concerning Palmer versus Rivers, here's something I wrote elsewhere:

Carson Palmer is another guy that goes too early. He is #5 in the ranking.

I was comparing his stats to a guy you can get 5 rounds later: Rivers.

I know I'm cherry picking the weeks here, but I wanted to see how Rivers did after Chambers settled into the offense and learned the playbook.

Weeks 11 through 17, Carson outscored Rivers by a little over 4 points (decimal scoring, all yards count).

Carson had all his WRs (Henry was back from suspension), but Rivers played without Gates for a few games.

I left the "meaningless" week 17 in since the Chargers were playing for play-off position. Rivers played 3 quarters. Palmer played all 4.

Palmer had a field day (316 and 3) against the mighty Dolphins that week. Rivers played the totally awesome Raiders.

So, take this week out if you choose to. If you do, Rivers then outscored Carson by 6 points during weeks 11 thru 16.

Either way, Palmer wasn't all that impressive to be drafted with such high regard (current #5 ranking, finished the #9 QB over-all, and #12 over the last 6 weeks).

Rivers (current #14 ranking, finished the #15 QB, and was #14 over the last 6 weeks) is set about right.

Looks like #5 thru #15 are all about equal. Seems better to wait a few rounds if you don't get Brady, Manning, Romo, or Brees.

This was in regards to redraft leagues.

I didn't even have to mention Chad holding out, Housh being in his last contract year, and Henry already cut.

I just packaged Palmer off in a dynasty for Manning... I love Palmer's talent and potential, but with the problems you mentioned, plus the line problems, and a plethora of spare runningbacks... It just scares me. The did draft some nice rookie wide receivers, but to bank on them in their rookie season is dangerous.

Also, What exactly is Housh doing that gives him the title of tool? I'm usually one of the first to bash players for holding out, but this guy is a workhorse, team leader, and a huge character guy... He's vastly underpaid compared to the other receivers in the league... He has a point, Chad Johnson however, is still a jackass.

Also, What exactly is Housh doing that gives him the title of tool? I'm usually one of the first to bash players for holding out, but this guy is a workhorse, team leader, and a huge character guy... He's vastly underpaid compared to the other receivers in the league... He has a point, Chad Johnson however, is still a jackass.

Any player who holds out is a tool. Its just a poor way to do business.

I don't believe you can 'out perform' a contract.

A player accepts a certain amount of money to play to the best of your ability. Regardless of what a team expects from that player - the player accepts the contract understanding that he is to perform as best he can.

TJ might deserve more money - but that is up to the team. Hopefully they agree and see it that way. AND... I do not believe that a holdout is a players answer to a team being able to cut him at will. That is what the guaranteed money is for.

Any player who holds out is a tool. Its just a poor way to do business.

I don't believe you can 'out perform' a contract.

A player accepts a certain amount of money to play to the best of your ability. Regardless of what a team expects from that player - the player accepts the contract understanding that he is to perform as best he can.

TJ might deserve more money - but that is up to the team. Hopefully they agree and see it that way. AND... I do not believe that a holdout is a players answer to a team being able to cut him at will. That is what the guaranteed money is for.

What a crock. If teams can cut a player anytime for under preforming and not pay the rest of the contract. Why can't players do it also when they out preform a contract? Either both sides are required to honor it fully or neither side is.

Edited by AquaticRay

What a crock. If teams can cut a player anytime for under preforming and not pay the rest of the contract. Why can't players do it also when they out preform a contract? Either both sides are required to honor it fully or neither side is.

Players get guaranteed money. What are teams guaranteed?

Where is all this talk about TJ holding out coming from?

He is NOT holding out.He's skipping early voluntary OTA's to be with his kids.He'll be there for the mandatory OTA's,and maybe for a few of the later voluntary ones.

Where is all this talk about TJ holding out coming from?

He is NOT holding out.He's skipping early voluntary OTA's to be with his kids.He'll be there for the mandatory OTA's,and maybe for a few of the later voluntary ones.

Don't get TJ confused with Ocho Pricko. TJ will be there when he has to. That being said, I think he's gone after this year. If you can get good value for Palmer I might bite, but it would take more than a late first early second.

Don't get TJ confused with Ocho Pricko. TJ will be there when he has to. That being said, I think he's gone after this year. If you can get good value for Palmer I might bite, but it would take more than a late first early second.

Great quarterbacks elevate the play of those around them. I wouldn't worry about Palmer much.

Chad will be there. He may skip mini-camp as a last resort, but when it comes to training camp he'll be there. Drew Rosenhaus has never had a player hold out, and he encourages the players not to do so. I don't think anything will change. Chad may not like it, but he will play for the Bengals this year and give it 100%.

Drew Rosenhaus has never had a player hold out, and he encourages the players not to do so.

This is the first time I've heard this. That's pretty cool, for as much of a schister the guy usually is.

As for TJ... I know he did not to camp and I've heard contract concerns. I might have jumped to a conclusion

Great quarterbacks elevate the play of those around them. I wouldn't worry about Palmer much.

I was about to post a more long-winded version of the same thing.

Housh is only skipping voluntary Mini Camps to show displeasure in with his contract. I think Housh is one of the few players that I wouldn't have a problem with if he was to hold out until they were to reach a different deal. Regardless if he's holding out or not, he is vastly underpaid when compared to other receivers of his caliber. He has been a team player from the start, and I think the Bungles need to get him signed long term.