[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are the most interesting topics or concepts...

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

that create the best discussions in Fantasy Football that really have no definite, correct answer or at least one that most can agree on?

Guest Chappy
um....i don't know.

Well I have one I just thought of to try and spark other thoughts.

Stud RB Theory. Drafting RBs early and often and feeling you have the best chance at winning a title versus attempting to draft a well-rounded team by filling all starting positions before grabbing depth. Again alot of the debate would be based around scoring systems, starting lineup requirements, total roster spots, etc. However, irregardless of those specifics, I'm just interested in the hearing about some of the spicy topics you guys may come up with.

Let's hear them...

Guest Chappy
Nate Burleson vs. Jerry Porter

Beat me to it. :wacko:

Obviously, there's an inside joke there. However, there's also a decent point brought up as well and that is the debate that could be had over underachieving, inconsistent WRs that have the best opportunities to break out.

Obviously, there's an inside joke there. However, there's also a decent point brought up as well and that is the debate that could be had over underachieving, inconsistent WRs that have the best opportunities to break out.

For about two seasons Porter and Burleson were ranked equally as the under producing WR1's with upside.

Quickly became the joke following any pointless FF debate...

:wacko: :bigjohn impression: :D

Latest mention of Porter vs. Burlseon

After Burleson was traded...

Before the trade...

And of course, the original debate...

Edited by kpholmes

Guest Chappy
Beat me to it. :wacko:

You beat me to it, but I was trying to include the full history. :D

You're having a bad night. :D

Thanks for going through the extra trouble though.

Edited by Chappy

Well, I did see last year that there was a lot of interest in the Stud-WR theory running around. What with all the RBBC going on in the league now, people were pondering going WR-WR in the first 2 rounds and seeing how it went. I never really saw what the results were of that experiment from those teams last year. It would be interesting to hear what they had to say on that subject. I propose that they if they did well, they probably did it with good waiver pickups and trading rather than their original draft carrying them, but that is only my opinion.

I also avoid drafting a QB early in my drafts (unless of course a top 2 or 3 guys falls in my lap where I feel comfortable taking him). I figure I can hit on one later in the draft that will be good enough coupled with solid early drafting to get me to the playoffs where anything can happen. Last year, I thought it was a no-brainer that Favre would have a solid season as he was but 3,800 yards short of the record and figured they would do what they had to do to get him there. Sorry, but 3,800 yards and the possibility of 20+ TD's for a 10-12th round pick is pretty good.

So, anyway, I would like to see some discussion on the WR-WR theory and some discussion on QB's to be had late with the potential to reach top 5-8 status.