[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FFPC & WCOFF - What A Draft Weekend!

KOKIDKOKID

Hi all. Just wanted to let you all know (if you hadn't already heard) that there is a new high stakes FF league out there. The cool part of the Fantasy Football Players Championship (FFPC) is that it is available as a live draft or an online draft. I won't go into all of the details here as I am not an expert on the rules and such...but I am excited about it. One awesome part of the live contest is that the draft night is Friday Sept 5th at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas....THAT's right....back to back high stakes drafts....get you some FFPC action Friday evening and then tackle the WCOFF the next morning! A fantasy geeks dream for sure. Another very nice feature is that the contest owners have basically already ponied up the grand prize money ($75k) and put it into an attorney escrow account - no danger of non payment for winners...a real concern I had after the AFFL went sideways. One last difference that makes the main contest interesting is that you get to start 2 flex positional players and TE's ppr is 1.5

Anyway, I am a WCOFF lover and I am doing my dead level best to scrape up the extra dough to get me into the FFPC as well. I hope some of you can also join....I believe the FFPC is limiting the main contest to only 300 entries. Check them out at www.theffpc.com Oh yeah live draft is $1,500 and online draft is $1,375 (no event fee for you who draft online).

Hope to see you all at WCOFF and/or FFPC.

KO'd

Edited by KOKIDKOKID

You have one of the craziest names I have ever seen. I'm not sure if it is making me dyslexic, wanting me to punch a small child or telling me to join the KKK. :wacko:

Oh and good luck.

Hey thanks for the good luck wishes....hmmmm....not sure which option is the lesser of 2 evils.....(1) punch a kid or (2) joining the KKK. 3 K's in my family....Kevin (oldest bro), Kyle (next bro) and Kirk (me).....in this case only I suppose the KKK is not such a bad thing.

KO'd

I wonder if there is any strategic difference between drafting live vs. online. I would assume that live drafters would have to be in a league together and online drafters the same, so it is not a 100% total random draw for league assignment. Just food for thought/discussion on a slow Monday morning.

So, would an online draft or a live draft be more likely to have a higher number of better FF players?

I wonder if there is any strategic difference between drafting live vs. online. I would assume that live drafters would have to be in a league together and online drafters the same, so it is not a 100% total random draw for league assignment. Just food for thought/discussion on a slow Monday morning.

So, would an online draft or a live draft be more likely to have a higher number of better FF players?

I would think the caliber of fantasy player is still pretty equal. Once you get to that higher level on entry fee, players are all quite good and very well-prepared. Individual players may draft better or worse live vs. online. Personally, I feel like I have drafted better in a live environment. You get to see a draft board, you can analyze the direction and see the position runs happening.