[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any interest in forming a 10-Team "Couples" league?

kpholmes

I know this should be in Find Owner/Find League forums, but I figured it was fairly different, and wanted to see if there'd be interest.

Was considering putting together a 10 Team Redraft league for couples, with each partner having their own franchise.

Nothing too competitive, just a fun way to get your woman (or man for some of you Huddlers :D ) involved with the sport and see what your obsession is all about. Was thinking a fairly low buy in of $20-30 or so.

There's been all-woman leagues before, however I thought this would be fun because it's something you could do together! (a great excuse to spend even more time with fantasy football... and her too of course.)

Haven't put too much thought into it, other than having the divisions split by men and women, and requiring comish or co-comish approval for trades between couples.

Before the season we would go over the rules in detail, discuss strategies, stuff like that to really give the women a crash course into the world of fantasy football.

I would prefer one person from each couple be a well established member of the Huddle, and their partner have little to no experience with fantasy football.

Also would prefer couples that are married or in long term relationships... A mid-season break up could cause problems. :wacko:

Thoughts?

If you're interested drop me a PM.

KP

Hmmm, torn by this idea. At first I was ready to ask my wife, then I saw Atomic's response and have to ponder it...Do I really want to answer all those questions and then get irritated when she doesn't field a full team 1 week? I am leaning toward no now... :wacko:

Hmmm, torn by this idea. At first I was ready to ask my wife, then I saw Atomic's response and have to ponder it...Do I really want to answer all those questions and then get irritated when she doesn't field a full team 1 week? I am leaning toward no now... :wacko:

My wife and I have been on our local leagues for years now. Your worries won't be answering questions, it'll be if she ends up winning the league several times. Talk about never hearing the end of it... If you're scared of that part, understood, otherwise it's great to have a wife who loves football.

Worlds are colliding, Jerry!

"A George, divided among itself, cannot stand!" :D

It's an interesting idea KP but my wife is in 2 leagues and I have 5 myself. It would be really difficult to take on another. Good luck getting this off the ground though...the idea has merit. :wacko:

Would joining this league be similar to going to a couple's shower?

I mentioned this exact idea a while back, and was called ghey. Didnt seem anyone really wanted to do it, but Id definitely play.Been trying to get my wife to understand the fun in FF. Put me down if anything comes to fruition. :D

Well if you're in I may have to consider it since there'd be an easy couple of victories :wacko:

Seriously though, I could be interested in doing this.

I would prefer one person from each couple be a well established member of the Huddle, and their partner have little to no experience with fantasy football.

Also would prefer couples that are married or in long term relationships... A mid-season break up could cause problems. :D

You should PM Spain and Twiley.

Are they a couple? If so, which one is the well established Huddler, and which one has little to no FF experience? :wacko:

I'd like to see something more to this.

My wife helps me in all of my leagues. I help her in all of hers. We pick each others brains and get opinions from each other. We share news and such.

I guess this is something more for folk where one side is not too into it yet.